• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Question Evox for Poco F3

Search This thread

Oxnap

Jun 17, 2021
Xiaomi Poco F3
Hello. I have been an EvoX user for the second week now and I recommend installing it, even despite the "unofficial" status. The developer can't say whether there will be official builds of this rom, but he is now trying to fix all the bugs that users have found, including me helping with bug detection and reporting on the forum. Updates are released quite often, even more often than ArrowOS. I also have a connection with the developer, in case there are any questions, I can tell him (perhaps he is already here in this topic). I like this rom with a large number of settings, stability, smoothness and, most importantly, battery life. Check for updates on GDrive and enjoy using the rom :giggle:
That's great man! I just was touching buttons and stuff, I found something, if I set the minimum refresh rate to 60 hz, the launcher lags a lot!! Is it just me or a ROM bug?

keyoke87

Jun 30, 2014
OnePlus 8T
Apple iPhone 12
Hello. I have been an EvoX user for the second week now and I recommend installing it, even despite the "unofficial" status. The developer can't say whether there will be official builds of this rom, but he is now trying to fix all the bugs that users have found, including me helping with bug detection and reporting on the forum. Updates are released quite often, even more often than ArrowOS. I also have a connection with the developer, in case there are any questions, I can tell him (perhaps he is already here in this topic). I like this rom with a large number of settings, stability, smoothness and, most importantly, battery life. Check for updates on GDrive and enjoy using the rom :giggle:
Any telegram chat group for this rom for alioth?

pranavrocksharma

May 14, 2015
new delhi
bro can you ask him to implement ota updater facility in the rom itself so that we can flash it directly, also while playing games like pubg is there delay when using multi touch
your comment is helpful,

r3sp

Dec 6, 2010
strange, i did a clean install of the Rom 09.07 (with flash Clean MIUI before) after testing another Rom. Now if I install an Magisk Modul and the phone reboots it hangs up in the boot process, if I restart the phone manually it boots nice up and the module is installed :D On 07/08.05 version that never happened.
And yes I'm crazy how often switch test roms :D

Xoby

Mar 16, 2018
Ufa
That's great man! I just was touching buttons and stuff, I found something, if I set the minimum refresh rate to 60 hz, the launcher lags a lot!! Is it just me or a ROM bug?
personally, I encountered this on another hentaiOS rom, I solved the problem with several reboots and connecting to the charger (if I understood what you were talking about correctly). I do not observe this on EvoX, I recommend of course to restart the system, I will ask the developer about your problem
Any telegram chat group for this rom for alioth?
unfortunately, no, the person did the builds for himself, but decided to share it on the forum
bro can you ask him to implement ota updater facility in the rom itself so that we can flash it directly, also while playing games like pubg is there delay when using multi touch
your comment is helpful,
I find out about ota updates, but I'm not sure that this is possible with the "unofficial" status. I can't say anything about PUBG, sorry, I don't play games in general
strange, i did a clean install of the Rom 09.07 (with flash Clean MIUI before) after testing another Rom. Now if I install an Magisk Modul and the phone reboots it hangs up in the boot process, if I restart the phone manually it boots nice up and the module is installed :D On 07/08.05 version that never happened.
And yes I'm crazy how often switch test roms :D
I also went through a lot of rom and had the same problem as you, but I didn't find a solution to it, except just to make the data format: yes and wipe data:D

Reactions: Oxnap

reg66

Jan 7, 2007
Xiaomi Poco F3
what are the current bugs that users have found that you mention? anything major?

Xoby

Mar 16, 2018
Ufa
what are the current bugs that users have found that you mention? anything major?
at the first setup or at the first reboot of the system, the display brightness may be significantly lower than necessary, this is solved by the same reboot. Other bugs have already been fixed in previous builds and in the new one as well. There were no more critical errors in my case

Reactions: Oxnap and reg66

Oxnap

Jun 17, 2021
Xiaomi Poco F3
personally, I encountered this on another hentaiOS rom, I solved the problem with several reboots and connecting to the charger (if I understood what you were talking about correctly). I do not observe this on EvoX, I recommend of course to restart the system, I will ask the developer about your problem
So, after some time, I activate the Refresh rate display on Developer Settings, and it shows me 60 Hz. Now, it's always 60 Hz!! I don't know if the setting in Setting -> Display -> Display features -> "Minimum" Refresh Rate is bad translated, or is something with the ROM, because my phone doesn't go over 60 Hz 🤔

r3sp

Dec 6, 2010
So, after some time, I activate the Refresh rate display on Developer Settings, and it shows me 60 Hz. Now, it's always 60 Hz!! I don't know if the setting in Setting -> Display -> Display features -> "Minimum" Refresh Rate is bad translated, or is something with the ROM, because my phone doesn't go over 60 Hz 🤔
120hz on my Phone, try to set 120hz in DEv options and also in Display settings and reboot :/

Xoby

Mar 16, 2018
Ufa
I asked the developer and found out that he is not going to make official builds and ota updates, it makes no sense for him. As for the 60Hz, he can't say anything, he has not observed this problem, he recommends following the instructions for installing the rom :unsure:

pranavrocksharma

May 14, 2015
new delhi
if someone decides to make official builds, the developer will provide all the sources for official builds. I would like to say that now the system is very stable, even despite the unofficial status
ok unoffical is good but everytime doing fastboot flash is difficult for us , please ask him is it possible for twrp (vasi) flashable zips?
how you do dirty flash in fastboot

Xoby

Mar 16, 2018
Ufa
ok unoffical is good but everytime doing fastboot flash is difficult for us , please ask him is it possible for twrp (vasi) flashable zips?
how you do dirty flash in fastboot
Actually, the archive is universal, you can flash it both via fastboot and via twrp (there are corresponding files for this in the archive, just check it). I update via twrp or aosp recovery using the command
Code:
adb sideload rom.zip

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Don't know if this phone will receive good support... Which is sad, cause mine arrives tomorrow morning. I had hoped for good custom ROM support, but that doesn't seem to be the case
    Hmm, yeahhh, cos there's only around 15-20 ROMs, a couple of kernels and a couple of twrps, plus whatever else is in the pipeline... how many more do you want? lol
    News on the Official ROM!!

DarkAngelGR said "maybe" (keep in mind, MAYBE) this weekend will be released the OFFICIAL version!!

More details will be updated on this thread, or in the Official thread, who knows... ;)
    Finally, I moved to Evox from Arrow, I preinstalled xiaomi.eu 12.5.2.0 STABLE, then installed the july 8th version of Evox, and you can notice the changes inmediately in terms of battery. Previously in Arrow, I had a battery drain at night of 3-4%, and with Evox was at 0,3%!!! I have AOD, dt2w and even pocket detection to test how much battery it drains.
    The amount of wakelocks, sensor use and alarms are notably lees than Arrow.
    Don't misunderstand me, I liked Arrow, it is a very smooth ROM, but the autonomy is key to me, and in this first day, I guess Evox will be my daily driver.

I'll be checking with BBS how is it going, and today was released another update, so I'm gonna test it too.

Any question, I'll answer it ;)
    I just installed the version from the Gdrive above and so far its great. So many customizations and no hiccups yet.

Will edit if anything changes.
    So, to the point, how good is the UNOFFICIAL Evox for Poco F3?

For those who don't know, there is a Russian build in a russian forum.

MOD EDIT: Link Removed

Everything is in russian, ofc ;)
    DarkAngelGR may be working on EvolutionX 😉