EX Kernel for Pixel 4/XL

Search This thread

wgrant

Sep 23, 2011
1. High Brightness Mode.
2. Yes.
3. I'm liking it a lot. Fast, smooth, and a lot better screen, sound, and feel vs my beloved P2. I do miss the FP sensor and led light, but oh well :cool:
Kernel installed and holy crap HBM is crazy bright lol. I love my P2XL, I'm having a hard time selling it even though I know I'll never need it, such a great phone. I miss those things too but I'm adapting, slowly but surely.

KHANrad_SIN

Jul 4, 2014
Kernel installed and holy crap HBM is crazy bright lol. I love my P2XL, I'm having a hard time selling it even though I know I'll never need it, such a great phone. I miss those things too but I'm adapting, slowly but surely.

So idk if I'm doing something wrong but HBM doesn't seem to work for me? It's odd, so I wanted to see how much of a difference HBM would make from the current brightest setting. So I turned the slider all the way up, then went in to EX manger and turned on HBM and it seemed like it got dimmer?? I checked around the forums and some say to turn off AOD for it to work properly and I did but it still happens. Am I missing something???

wgrant

Sep 23, 2011
So idk if I'm doing something wrong but HBM doesn't seem to work for me? It's odd, so I wanted to see how much of a difference HBM would make from the current brightest setting. So I turned the slider all the way up, then went in to EX manger and turned on HBM and it seemed like it got dimmer?? I checked around the forums and some say to turn off AOD for it to work properly and I did but it still happens. Am I missing something???

Sorry bud, the extent of my knowledge of HBM is turning it on and off. I don't even use it, just tested it to see what it did. Perhaps @Badger50 has some thoughts?

Badger50

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Feb 27, 2011
Kansas City
can I just flash this over a different custom kernel?

Some would say yes, others no....and they'd both be right. However, intelligence, guided by experience has taught me to alway go back to the stock kernel, before flashing a new one. Having said that, I've seen users have no difficulty as well by just flashing one kernel over another. The choice is yours :good::cool:

Reactions: Some_Ghost

Some_Ghost

Nov 6, 2019
Some would say yes, others no....and they'd both be right. However, intelligence, guided by experience has taught me to alway go back to the stock kernel, before flashing a new one. Having said that, I've seen users have no difficulty as well by just flashing one kernel over another. The choice is yours :good::cool:

thanks I may wait though, now finding out there hasn't been a December update for it yet

CyberpodS2

Mar 27, 2012
NE Pennsylvania Boonies
thanks I may wait though, now finding out there hasn't been a December update for it yet

To take the advice of @Badger50 another step, reset saved settings or just delete data from the EX or FK app if you are using one. Sometimes a kernel might have a capability or value that does not exist in the other. If nothing else this step will avoid some mystery in your potential troubleshooting if something comes up...

Some_Ghost

Nov 6, 2019
To take the advice of @Badger50 another step, reset saved settings or just delete data from the EX or FK app if you are using one. Sometimes a kernel might have a capability or value that does not exist in the other. If nothing else this step will avoid some mystery in your potential troubleshooting if something comes up...

thank you I have not changed anything from my current kernel as I'm using Kiri kernel, but if faceunlock isn't working with current ex kernel I may not use it just yet

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi,

so there is ElementalX Kernel for Pixel 4 now available.
    I noticed an updated ex Kernel Manager App and within the app you can download and flash the Kernel.
    Changelog says "Initial release".
    The website has not been updated yet.

I flashed the kernel this morning and it works pretty good.
    How is ElementalX running for you guys so far? Any stability issues?

Runs like a champion here for me.
    I'm not sure, I really can't tell a difference with any kernel lol

I can tell now, I've been using Franken for more than a week and suffered a lot of freezes and random reboots.
    Ex is much more stable (no problem at all) and battery life is far better! :good:
    ElementalX It is ready to download with December security patch.
    Huh. I just tried going from Kiri 2.3.0 to EX 1.02 from within EXKM and after the reboot went to a dead robot with "No command" screen. I'm guessing my slots did their thing because it booted up normal after a power reset. I'm tempted to try applying the update again but before I do, can anyone think of anything I might be doing wrong or why that happened?

spez: Forgot to mention I selected the custom install rather than express. Express worked fine, I suppose I can just use the app the make any customizations now.

The reason you went to stock recovery was due to the fact that you selected "custom install" rather than express. Custom install requires a custom recovery, which we don't have yet on the P4XL. Going forward, always select the express option :good:
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone