EX Kernel for Pixel 4/XL

Search This thread

airmaxx23

Jun 25, 2010
Colton, NY
I can tell now, I've been using Franken for more than a week and suffered a lot of freezes and random reboots.
Ex is much more stable (no problem at all) and battery life is far better! :good:

Strange, I've been using Franken kernel for quite a while and never had a freeze or random reboot.

lattosimbaste

Apr 5, 2008
Samsung Galaxy Tab A series
Rooted and flashed ElementalX 1.02 over the holiday break. Proper astronomy mode (only red pixels to preserve dark adaptation) working great but HBM doesn't seem to be kicking off either from EXKM settings or dedicated HBM app/quick settings tile. The former is more important to me but hopefully both will work soon. Battery seems better but use hasn't been normal over this week. No issues with face unlock or gestures.

kornesque

Jan 1, 2017
Huh. I just tried going from Kiri 2.3.0 to EX 1.02 from within EXKM and after the reboot went to a dead robot with "No command" screen. I'm guessing my slots did their thing because it booted up normal after a power reset. I'm tempted to try applying the update again but before I do, can anyone think of anything I might be doing wrong or why that happened?

spez: Forgot to mention I selected the custom install rather than express. Express worked fine, I suppose I can just use the app the make any customizations now.

Last edited:

Badger50

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Feb 27, 2011
Kansas City
Huh. I just tried going from Kiri 2.3.0 to EX 1.02 from within EXKM and after the reboot went to a dead robot with "No command" screen. I'm guessing my slots did their thing because it booted up normal after a power reset. I'm tempted to try applying the update again but before I do, can anyone think of anything I might be doing wrong or why that happened?

spez: Forgot to mention I selected the custom install rather than express. Express worked fine, I suppose I can just use the app the make any customizations now.

The reason you went to stock recovery was due to the fact that you selected "custom install" rather than express. Custom install requires a custom recovery, which we don't have yet on the P4XL. Going forward, always select the express option :good:

kornesque

Jan 1, 2017
The reason you went to stock recovery was due to the fact that you selected "custom install" rather than express. Custom install requires a custom recovery, which we don't have yet on the P4XL. Going forward, always select the express option :good:

Hah, it even asked if I wanted to goto recovery and flash, I should have picked up on that. Thanks you for the info, I'll remember that little guy.

ap1618

Sep 10, 2010
Los Angeles
I flashed the latest 1.05 on February patch. I was rooted before with Magisk.
No problems with root, it was retained.
but not i cannot make calls, no audio in general in any app (media, phone etc), and faceunlock is broken.
anyone else?
what's the fix?

eg1122

Oct 5, 2009
Roma, Tx
I flashed the latest 1.05 on February patch. I was rooted before with Magisk.
No problems with root, it was retained.
but not i cannot make calls, no audio in general in any app (media, phone etc), and faceunlock is broken.
anyone else?
what's the fix?
1.05 is meant to work on March OTA, if you are still on February OTA, stay on 1.04. BTW, there is an official thread for this kernel in the rom and development section.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi,

so there is ElementalX Kernel for Pixel 4 now available.
    I noticed an updated ex Kernel Manager App and within the app you can download and flash the Kernel.
    Changelog says "Initial release".
    The website has not been updated yet.

I flashed the kernel this morning and it works pretty good.
    How is ElementalX running for you guys so far? Any stability issues?

Runs like a champion here for me.
    I'm not sure, I really can't tell a difference with any kernel lol

I can tell now, I've been using Franken for more than a week and suffered a lot of freezes and random reboots.
    Ex is much more stable (no problem at all) and battery life is far better! :good:
    ElementalX It is ready to download with December security patch.