• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

Excellent Tempered Glass for Pixel 2 XL

Search This thread

chetj

Dec 3, 2012
I recently bought a Pixel 2 XL and spent some time on Amazon looking for a well reviewed tempered glass screen saver. Could not find one. So, decided to check with a company that I have used previously for all my phones- MIME Ghost GLass.
Thankfully they have one for the Pixel 2 XL!! It is slightly curved and provides excellent coverage. Excellent adhesive, no dot matrix, a completely quality product. Have always had excellent experience with Mime, very highly recommend.
Link: https://mime-usa.com/product/pixel-2-xl-ghost-glass-screen-protector/

chetj

Dec 3, 2012
Adheres to the whole screen

It adheres to the whole screen, which is what i love about it. Yes it is expensive, but each of the ones that i have had on my previous phones have lasted years. Very durable. I had one on my Nexus 5 and when I finally dropped the phone the glass performed admirably. It shattered but not even a minor scratch on the phone screen.

rhug0323

Dec 8, 2008
Midwest
It adheres to the whole screen, which is what i love about it. Yes it is expensive, but each of the ones that i have had on my previous phones have lasted years. Very durable. I had one on my Nexus 5 and when I finally dropped the phone the glass performed admirably. It shattered but not even a minor scratch on the phone screen.

Got any pics with it installed?

chetj

Dec 3, 2012
Some pictures

Here are some pictures

Attachments

• IMG-20171209-WA0001.jpg
    IMG-20171209-WA0001.jpg
    114.2 KB · Views: 6,627
  • IMG-20171209-WA0002.jpg
    IMG-20171209-WA0002.jpg
    99.1 KB · Views: 6,603
  • IMG-20171209-WA0003.jpg
    IMG-20171209-WA0003.jpg
    109.4 KB · Views: 6,617

chetj

Dec 3, 2012
Not a push for sales and yes I am a junior member. The only reason i decided to post was to help out given how hard it was for me to find a good screen protector. I do not see a dot matrix when i look at the screen. I could care less what you do with your phone.

chetj

Dec 3, 2012
Actually you are right. I went back and looked at the pictures closely. And yes it looks like a dot matrix. But, I had to look in the picture to tell it. You cannot see the dot matrix in person at all. I even tried increasing the screen brightness all the way to 100 percent to see if I would see it and I did not.

Last edited:

erojas388

Jun 16, 2016
New york
Actually you are right. I went back and looked at the pictures closely. And yes it looks like a dot matrix. But, I had to look in the picture to tell it. You cannot see the dot matrix in person at all. I even tried increasing the screen brightness all the way to 100 percent to see if I would see it and I did not.

Uh huh.....ok

oakley470

Dec 27, 2011
Lol you're a moron you say no dot matrix but then right there in your third picture isn't very clearly dot matrix. If you're going to try and sell something in exchange for your review of a free product you'd think you'd be better at lying

Reactions: alobear

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Some pictures

Here are some pictures
    I get that the OP was just trying to help. I just feel if your going to review something on a public forum you better know the answers to the most basic of questions. Adhesive only on the edges and a dot matrix pattern are pretty basic things to miss. Some may have purchased this based on his review and will be really pis*ed when it arrives.

You guys that want full adhesive and a glass protector that will likely last longer than the phone, really need to wait for the WhiteStone Dome Glass. I have this on my Note 8 and you can't even tell it's here. It comes with a liquid glue called "Loca" as well as a UV light to cure it and a jig for the phone that makes it very east to install in a low dust area.

Below is a video I found on YouTube showing the application. I'm expecting Amazon will have the Pixel 2 XL version around the 15th according to WhiteStone.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ta9ydmenZr0
    Here are some pictures

Is it just me, or does those pictures show a dot matrix?
    I recently bought a Pixel 2 XL and spent some time on Amazon looking for a well reviewed tempered glass screen saver. Could not find one. So, decided to check with a company that I have used previously for all my phones- MIME Ghost GLass.
    Thankfully they have one for the Pixel 2 XL!! It is slightly curved and provides excellent coverage. Excellent adhesive, no dot matrix, a completely quality product. Have always had excellent experience with Mime, very highly recommend.
    Link: https://mime-usa.com/product/pixel-2-xl-ghost-glass-screen-protector/
    It's so amusing to see how fast people are to jump at others throats. I feel that he genuinely was trying to help and thought there was full adhesive. The higher quality glass protectors (Zagg as well) it's hard to spot the dot matrix unless it's under certain lighting conditions. I remember Mime from back in the day and they do have excellent feeling glass and excellent customer service.