Excellent Tempered Glass for Pixel 2 XL

Search This thread

pilotgav

Oct 26, 2007
Toronto
I'm actually starting to consider not using a screen protector at all. This is one strong slab of glass!

Am I crazy? Thoughts?

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Reactions: browniegirl

zetsumeikuro

Jul 13, 2010
It's so amusing to see how fast people are to jump at others throats. I feel that he genuinely was trying to help and thought there was full adhesive. The higher quality glass protectors (Zagg as well) it's hard to spot the dot matrix unless it's under certain lighting conditions. I remember Mime from back in the day and they do have excellent feeling glass and excellent customer service.

tweeti

Sep 24, 2015
That definitely has a dot matrix and edge only adhesive. You see it in the pics. Theirs also no need for black top and bottom borders if it was full adhesive.

Mike02z

Feb 3, 2012
Greenville, SC
OnePlus 9 Pro
I get that the OP was just trying to help. I just feel if your going to review something on a public forum you better know the answers to the most basic of questions. Adhesive only on the edges and a dot matrix pattern are pretty basic things to miss. Some may have purchased this based on his review and will be really pis*ed when it arrives.

You guys that want full adhesive and a glass protector that will likely last longer than the phone, really need to wait for the WhiteStone Dome Glass. I have this on my Note 8 and you can't even tell it's here. It comes with a liquid glue called "Loca" as well as a UV light to cure it and a jig for the phone that makes it very east to install in a low dust area.

Below is a video I found on YouTube showing the application. I'm expecting Amazon will have the Pixel 2 XL version around the 15th according to WhiteStone.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ta9ydmenZr0

YoungSkeezy

Jan 9, 2011
I'm actually starting to consider not using a screen protector at all. This is one strong slab of glass!

Am I crazy? Thoughts?

Don't, day one of getting it. Just in h pocket for a 2 hour walk with wife, two micro scratches on the front glass and back. Fortunately I got one of the best wet screens and and a dbrand skin for the back.

Tldr: don't go naked

Reactions: pilotgav

EeZeEpEe

Aug 13, 2010
Tampa, FL
www.twitter.com
Google Pixel 6 Pro
Don't, day one of getting it. Just in h pocket for a 2 hour walk with wife, two micro scratches on the front glass and back. Fortunately I got one of the best wet screens and and a dbrand skin for the back.

Tldr: don't go naked
Been without a screen protector since I got my phone on October 26 and no micro scratches at all. Only using a TPU case. So your mileage may vary.

blueren

Jan 4, 2011

Am I crazy? Thoughts?

No you're not crazy. I usually tend to use a screen protector initially, then move on to remove it once the phone is "old enough". The glass will get micro scratches, yes. But you will never see it in regular use. The only time you do get to see the scratches is when the display is off and you see the reflections from an external light source. But the main point of concern is that the oleophobic coating tends to wear off soon. Especially near the bottom section of the phone which is prone to swipes and taps.

Reactions: pilotgav

weaver11b

Jun 6, 2012
Appalachia Mountains
I get that the OP was just trying to help. I just feel if your going to review something on a public forum you better know the answers to the most basic of questions. Adhesive only on the edges and a dot matrix pattern are pretty basic things to miss. Some may have purchased this based on his review and will be really pis*ed when it arrives.

You guys that want full adhesive and a glass protector that will likely last longer than the phone, really need to wait for the WhiteStone Dome Glass. I have this on my Note 8 and you can't even tell it's here. It comes with a liquid glue called "Loca" as well as a UV light to cure it and a jig for the phone that makes it very east to install in a low dust area.

Below is a video I found on YouTube showing the application. I'm expecting Amazon will have the Pixel 2 XL version around the 15th according to WhiteStone.

Man that looks so good, I would definitely buy one if and when it is available for the P2XL!!

mlin

Dec 27, 2007
It's so amusing to see how fast people are to jump at others throats. I feel that he genuinely was trying to help and thought there was full adhesive. The higher quality glass protectors (Zagg as well) it's hard to spot the dot matrix unless it's under certain lighting conditions. I remember Mime from back in the day and they do have excellent feeling glass and excellent customer service.

I know, right? Even going as far as name calling. Class act, xda members. Class act.

ilal2ielli

Oct 31, 2011
Google Pixel 2 XL
Google Pixel 4 XL
Aside from probably being annoying to look at, what else does the dot matrix mean?

Possibly less responsive, as the dot matrix is a fix for screen protectors that aren't full adhesive. It helps transmit touch to the actual panel underneath.

Also, due to the lack of full adhesive, you will most likely see a rainbow effect that is caused by the air gap between the screen protector and the screen.

Reactions: mlin

oxymoron123

Feb 2, 2013
I just got an email from Whitestone saying it will be launched on the 20th, hopefully I'm wrong, but just an FYI.

Thanks for your intereset on our product

We will launch dome glass for Pixel 2 and 2 XL at Amazon on 20th Dec

Thank you!

jrbxx7

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Nov 18, 2011
Received one of these today. Op hasn't a clue on his description. Not full adhesive, dot matrix and doesn't cover as well as the amfilm. Barely any glue on it. The only good part is i got an instant refund from manufacturer.

gogol

May 20, 2005
Question regarding WhiteStone Dome screen protectors, the loca glue.

After applied and set, is it easy to remove it?

Will it be pita to remove and might damage the screen?

If it can be removed, will the actual screen still good (no damage whatsoever)?

Those are my concerns with WhiteStone Dome, in case it needs to be replaced because of broken or whatnot.

Thanks.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Some pictures

Here are some pictures

Here are some pictures

Is it just me, or does those pictures show a dot matrix?
    I recently bought a Pixel 2 XL and spent some time on Amazon looking for a well reviewed tempered glass screen saver. Could not find one. So, decided to check with a company that I have used previously for all my phones- MIME Ghost GLass.
    Thankfully they have one for the Pixel 2 XL!! It is slightly curved and provides excellent coverage. Excellent adhesive, no dot matrix, a completely quality product. Have always had excellent experience with Mime, very highly recommend.
    Link: https://mime-usa.com/product/pixel-2-xl-ghost-glass-screen-protector/