• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[Completed] Exception in thread Unsigned short value out of range: 65536

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

tetrakulo

Mar 16, 2015
I'm modifying an apk whit apktool but in a part of the smali I've added a method and strip me this error

Code:
Exception in thread "main" org.jf.util.ExceptionWithContext: Unsigned short valu
e out of range: 65536

Research of the because this error occurs and it is because it has exceeded the limit of 65 K methods but also there are way using the multidex as it can be that in apktool so it can create a multidex and finish the modification as more I couldn't find I appreciate your help if someone has had the same error and has been able to fix it thank you for your help.

Last edited by a moderator:
V

Vatsal

I'm modifying an apk whit apktool but in a part of the smali I've added a method and strip me this error

Code:
Exception in thread "main" org.jf.util.ExceptionWithContext: Unsigned short valu
e out of range: 65536

Research of the because this error occurs and it is because it has exceeded the limit of 65 K methods but also there are way using the multidex as it can be that in apktool so it can create a multidex and finish the modification as more I couldn't find I appreciate your help if someone has had the same error and has been able to fix it thank you for your help.

Hello,
You may try posting your query here APKTool with all relevant info, the experts there maybe able to assist you.
-Vatsal

Status
Not open for further replies.