• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

Question Excessive battery drain while using YouTube Vanced

Search This thread

GalaxyFan88

Jun 27, 2010
Münster
I have noticed a strange battery drain issue while using YouTube Vanced (16.15.34).

The battery drain almost seems to be on par with the display's battery drain (see attached picture).

It seems kinda unusual to me that this app uses so much battery.

Does anyone have the same issue or is this normal?
IMG_20210427_162738.jpg

trambolique

Apr 15, 2021
I have noticed a strange battery drain issue while using YouTube Vanced (16.15.34).

The battery drain almost seems to be on par with the display's battery drain (see attached picture).

Does anyone have the same issue or is this normal?View attachment 5292397
It's a vanced problem, they have a problem in their latest release. I noticed the same thing and it's a global problem. Check "Vanced" on Reddit and you will see many people are complaining about it.

Uninstall and install v16.02.35 until they fix this problem.

Reactions: GalaxyFan88

Please see this post by @Timmmmaaahh! in the Youtube Vanced thread. Maybe the excessive data consumption also leads to a high battery drain - at least I could imagine.

GalaxyFan88

Jun 27, 2010
Münster
Has already been fixed, there has been a re-release. Update to latest Vanced Manager via Github and reinstall YT (+YT Music if you use that as well). And please don't make threads for issues about apps that have a dedicated support thread. That issue was already posted there anyway so this is obsolete.

Seems it helped reinstalling/updating VancedManager as you said.
I did it through the app itself and it updated to 2.6.0 Crimson.
Then installed YouTube Vanced re-release (same version number like before).
Battery drain seems to have reduced.

Another thing though. We need to deactivate MIUI optimization upon every reinstalling/updating YouTube vanced, right?

So in the Poco X3 the option to activate/deactivate MIUI optimizations is hidden in the developer menu and can be accessed through clicking on "Set back to standard values" under "Autofill".

Although this is a possible way to access MIUI optimization settings temporarily, every time we are executing "Set back to standard values" we need to also grant permission to all the apps again.
This can be very annoying. Does someone have another way to access MIUI optimizations without this hassle?

Timmmmaaahh!

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Sep 11, 2012
Bruges
OnePlus One
OnePlus 6T

Another thing though. We need to deactivate MIUI optimization upon every reinstalling/updating YouTube vanced, right?

So in the Poco X3 the option to activate/deactivate MIUI optimizations is hidden in the developer menu and can be accessed through clicking on "Set back to standard values" under "Autofill".

Although this is a possible way to access MIUI optimization settings temporarily, every time we are executing "Set back to standard values" we need to also grant permission to all the apps again.
This can be very annoying. Does someone have another way to access MIUI optimizations without this hassle?
Please, search and you will find. Or better yet: try and you will experience. Worst case you have to reinstall. This is all still very obsolete.

GalaxyFan88

Jun 27, 2010
Münster
Please, search and you will find. Or better yet: try and you will experience. Worst case you have to reinstall. This is all still very obsolete.

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction.

It still does not work enabling "install via USB" option and consecutively installing via the app mirror apkm installer.

Guess we have to keep going the complicated route through disabling MIUI optimizations, installing Vanced, re-enabling MIUI optimizations and granting permissions for each and every app again.

If anyone can provide a different and more fluent approach, you are very welcome.

pl1992aw

Apr 5, 2019
Thanks for pointing me in the right direction.

It still does not work enabling "install via USB" option and consecutively installing via the app mirror apkm installer.

Guess we have to keep going the complicated route through disabling MIUI optimizations, installing Vanced, re-enabling MIUI optimizations and granting permissions for each and every app again.

If anyone can provide a different and more fluent approach, you are very welcome.
Read the guide, there you can find

TOOLS & APPS

ADB AppControl
(DotNET)

XiaomiADBFastbootTools (Java)

You can try them to install split apks

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Please see this post by @Timmmmaaahh! in the Youtube Vanced thread. Maybe the excessive data consumption also leads to a high battery drain - at least I could imagine.
    Has already been fixed, there has been a re-release. Update to latest Vanced Manager via Github and reinstall YT (+YT Music if you use that as well). And please don't make threads for issues about apps that have a dedicated support thread. That issue was already posted there anyway so this is obsolete.

Reboot? An earlier post about battery drainage said "Did a reboot and it seems to be much better now"

https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/...hat-cause-this-im-on-miui-12-0-4-a11.4257827/

The percentage is not quite accurate to the usage

It's a vanced problem, they have a problem in their latest release. I noticed the same thing and it's a global problem. Check "Vanced" on Reddit and you will see many people are complaining about it.

Uninstall and install v16.02.35 until they fix this problem.