Exchange 2010 Push Mail W/ Outlook Anywhere,Alias's, POP Forwarding, NOW w/ POP3/IMAP

Search This thread

Chuck_IV

Jan 1, 2009
Connecticut
I did some testing last night. I tried sending emails from 2 different email services to my ztek.me email and neither of them are being received on the ztek server. I even logged in to the web based ztek system to see and they are not there.

I CAN send stuff from ztek to other emails. But ztek.me is not receiving any emails. I have not seen any bounced messages either.

DeniaL

Jun 21, 2006
Woodland Hills, CA
Don't know quite HOW it happened, but my Router's firewall just took a dump and was blocking a vital port for receiving internet e-mail. It should be fixed now. I don't know if you will receive those e-mails during the "down-time" but incoming email should now be restored.

Aaroona

Sep 28, 2007
Auckland
DeniaL,

I realize you do this as a side project; but is there plans to have some kind of backup plan for when things like this happen?
I've been doing a lot of trading lately, and have missed about 2-3 days worth of business emails because of this outage. (Emails stopped coming in Wednesday my time [its Friday here]), I've since had to redirect my domain to a google apps server and just hope that I haven't lost any emails, I've had a whole lot of delay and bounce messages since redirecting to Gmail servers.

Aeneas

Apr 1, 2007
Has anyone managed to get this working with Windows 8 apps? (Specifically Calendar, but it's the same for Mail.) Options for settings are limited and I haven't succeeded so far.

DoubleVision

Feb 28, 2007
Issues with server / POP3 pickup

Hi Denial,

Wondering if there are issues with either. For the past week I have been only getting my mail as a batch maybe 2 or 3 times a day on both phone and MS Exchange 2010. Looking at my webmail account that is feeding the Exchange account (I am on your 2007 server), mail is coming in throughout the day.

I suspect it may be the POP3 pickup as calendar appointments and contacts are synced quickly when I enter them on one device, they appear quickly on the other.

Could you have a look for me please?

DeniaL

Jun 21, 2006
Woodland Hills, CA
Hi Denial,

Wondering if there are issues with either. For the past week I have been only getting my mail as a batch maybe 2 or 3 times a day on both phone and MS Exchange 2010. Looking at my webmail account that is feeding the Exchange account (I am on your 2007 server), mail is coming in throughout the day.

I suspect it may be the POP3 pickup as calendar appointments and contacts are synced quickly when I enter them on one device, they appear quickly on the other.

Could you have a look for me please?

Am I downloading your POP3 messages and delivering them to your exchange mbox?? If so, that's probably the case. The program has a tendency to get stuck sometimes. Usually a server reboot fixes that, so that's what I've done. Let me know if it's any better now.

I've looked at my server, but I don't think you are using the POP3 downloader.

DoubleVision

Feb 28, 2007
Thanks for quick response.

Yes, I have been receiving the POP3 mails from my Yahoo account since I began with you many years ago. Been really happy with it.

Would you like me to resent via PM my personal POP3 details? BTW, it is not Doublevision on there, it is n007fry

Had a batch come through last night and then non again today.

Am I downloading your POP3 messages and delivering them to your exchange mbox?? If so, that's probably the case. The program has a tendency to get stuck sometimes. Usually a server reboot fixes that, so that's what I've done. Let me know if it's any better now.

I've looked at my server, but I don't think you are using the POP3 downloader.

DeniaL

Jun 21, 2006
Woodland Hills, CA
Thanks for quick response.

Yes, I have been receiving the POP3 mails from my Yahoo account since I began with you many years ago. Been really happy with it.

Would you like me to resent via PM my personal POP3 details? BTW, it is not Doublevision on there, it is n007fry

Had a batch come through last night and then non again today.
Ok, I just turned it off and back on for your user. It gave me some error, so I re-entered all your info and it's re-downloading. Problem is it's re-downloading all 3000+ emails on your yahoo server. Let me know ASAP if you want me to stop it.

DoubleVision

Feb 28, 2007
Ok, I just turned it off and back on for your user. It gave me some error, so I re-entered all your info and it's re-downloading. Problem is it's re-downloading all 3000+ emails on your yahoo server. Let me know ASAP if you want me to stop it.

Thanks, I will make a backup of my exchange files and then let it go. Thanks for fast response and will let you know if successful. I might think about moving to your 2010 server at some point when I can afford a bit of time.

Great service as always :good:

DoubleVision

Feb 28, 2007
All good Denial, it was downloading last night from POP3 and new mails have appeared. Thanks again.

Thanks, I will make a backup of my exchange files and then let it go. Thanks for fast response and will let you know if successful. I might think about moving to your 2010 server at some point when I can afford a bit of time.

Great service as always :good:

Chuck_IV

Jan 1, 2009
Connecticut
Hi DeniaL,

As of yesterday, I am not receiving any emails from ztek.me. The last email I received was 3:08am on Sunday morning.

Can you take a look and see if something is up?

Thanks.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Upgrade to NBD WM6...Now cannot get push to work.

Just upgraded to NBD WM6 on my Wizard and now cannot get pocket outlook to sync to denials server. Everything was great with denials service when I had WM5.

Anybody else having issues with NBD8.3 WM6?
    Sorry for not reading the new tutorial carefully.
    Will me new email address be (where I will instruct my gmail account to forward all my emails to) be [email protected]?
    Yes. That is correct.