Exchange 2010 Push Mail W/ Outlook Anywhere,Alias's, POP Forwarding, NOW w/ POP3/IMAP

Search This thread

DeniaL

Jun 21, 2006
Woodland Hills, CA
Just an FYI to all who are interested. I just purchased a new server today and will be setting it up as Win 2k8 R2 SP1 and Exchange 2010. I will NOT be migrating any user's data to the new server. If you wish to have an account on the new server, let me know. I will most likely be using a different domain with this server, so if you use the getztek.com e-mail address, you may not want to switch.

vittogn

Jan 15, 2007
OnePlus 8T
Google Pixel 6 Pro
Many thanks for the upgrade prposal! Are we going to have the same prices for Exchange 2010?
Do we have to decide and migrate now or can we do it later?

Thanks.
Vittore

Sent from my HTC Vision using Tapatalk

DeniaL

Jun 21, 2006
Woodland Hills, CA
Many thanks for the upgrade prposal! Are we going to have the same prices for Exchange 2010?
Do we have to decide and migrate now or can we do it later?

Thanks.
Vittore

I am not 100% yet on the prices. I have to do the math. It will be very similar though, if I can. You don't have to decide yet. The server won't be ready for about a week or so. Thanks.

DeniaL

Jun 21, 2006
Woodland Hills, CA
New server is up and running! Ready for people that want to move to Exchange 2010 to send me PMs. I will NOT be migrating data for you. That will be your responsibility! Once moved to Exchange 2010, I will be removing your Exchange 2007 account. Please provide me with all the info from the first post if you wish to move. Also, if possible, send me your Paypal subscription ID so I can verify you are an existing user quickly. Thanks. Prices will not be changing. Take care.

vittogn

Jan 15, 2007
OnePlus 8T
Google Pixel 6 Pro
Got it.

How many time do we have to decide to move?
How many days do we have to migrate (days with two servers)?
Does it work with Outlook 2003?

Thanks a lot for this free upgrade.

Vitto

DeniaL

Jun 21, 2006
Woodland Hills, CA
Got it.

How many time do we have to decide to move?
How many days do we have to migrate (days with two servers)?
Does it work with Outlook 2003?

Thanks a lot for this free upgrade.

Vitto

At the present moment, I don't have a time frame to phase out the 2007 server, but I do want to at some point.
You have as many days as you need to migrate your data...I just ask that you let me know once you are finished so I can remove the old account.
It should work just fine with Outlook 2003.
Thanks.

vittogn

Jan 15, 2007
OnePlus 8T
Google Pixel 6 Pro
Migration steps

DeniaL,
let me try to summarize the step to obtain the migration to 2010:

- We need to communicate to you via PM the usual data + existing paypal recurrence ID:
First Name:
Last Name or Initial:
E-Mail address requested: whatever@getztek.com
Alias: whatever@whatever.com
Password​
:
- Yuo'll activate the account on 2010 server, keeping the old active.
- We have to migrate data trough pst export.
- We have to set up all our clients (Outlook, mobile.....) with new server setup parameters.
- We'll upload our data from the local pst to the new 2010 account.
- Communicate to you we are OK in order to delete our 2007 data.

Is my understanding correct?

My only concern is that as all the new 2010 parameters looks to me the same as 2007, how can we manage the switch for data?

Thanks.
Vittore

DeniaL

Jun 21, 2006
Woodland Hills, CA
DeniaL,
let me try to summarize the step to obtain the migration to 2010:

- We need to communicate to you via PM the usual data + existing paypal recurrence ID:
First Name:
Last Name or Initial:
E-Mail address requested: whatever@getztek.com
Alias: whatever@whatever.com
Password​
:
- Yuo'll activate the account on 2010 server, keeping the old active.
- We have to migrate data trough pst export.
- We have to set up all our clients (Outlook, mobile.....) with new server setup parameters.
- We'll upload our data from the local pst to the new 2010 account.
- Communicate to you we are OK in order to delete our 2007 data.

Is my understanding correct?

My only concern is that as all the new 2010 parameters looks to me the same as 2007, how can we manage the switch for data?

Thanks.
Vittore
This is all correct. Except the new server has a new domain name. ZTEK.ME . So most of the settings are the same except instead of server.getztek.com it's server.ztek.me. The username when connecting to Outlook is ZTEK\User instead of GETZTEK\User .

vittogn

Jan 15, 2007
OnePlus 8T
Google Pixel 6 Pro
This is all correct. Except the new server has a new domain name. ZTEK.ME . So most of the settings are the same except instead of server.getztek.com it's server.ztek.me. The username when connecting to Outlook is ZTEK\User instead of GETZTEK\User .

Sorry for not reading the new tutorial carefully.
Will me new email address be (where I will instruct my gmail account to forward all my emails to) be user@ztek.me?

vittogn

Jan 15, 2007
OnePlus 8T
Google Pixel 6 Pro
You don't need that tick in the security tab. I'm not sure why it's not working...it's working for everyone else. Maybe start fresh with a new profile?

It is a new profile.
I got a further error message saying that server or mailbox can not be resolved.

Is for the other folks working with Outlook 2003 + XP?
Should I try a different client (Outlook 2010)?

DeniaL

Jun 21, 2006
Woodland Hills, CA
Well we know the server and the mailbox are working if its working with Android and OWA. I know it's working on Outlook 2003, 2007, and 2010 versions. As far as XP, I don't know. Only other thing I can suggest is to let me connect remotely through a service like join.me and I can set it up myself?

vittogn

Jan 15, 2007
OnePlus 8T
Google Pixel 6 Pro
Well we know the server and the mailbox are working if its working with Android and OWA. I know it's working on Outlook 2003, 2007, and 2010 versions. As far as XP, I don't know. Only other thing I can suggest is to let me connect remotely through a service like join.me and I can set it up myself?

Many thanks....
Tell me what I have to do for sharing my desktop

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Upgrade to NBD WM6...Now cannot get push to work.

Just upgraded to NBD WM6 on my Wizard and now cannot get pocket outlook to sync to denials server. Everything was great with denials service when I had WM5.

Anybody else having issues with NBD8.3 WM6?
    Sorry for not reading the new tutorial carefully.
    Will me new email address be (where I will instruct my gmail account to forward all my emails to) be user@ztek.me?
    Yes. That is correct.