EXCHANGE MAIL SERVICES - incl. push / aliases etc

Search This thread

chamelion

Oct 4, 2006
hey guys,

I'm now offering exchange mailboxes to users (subscription based service). right now i see two, one by austindkelly in the wizard forum (he's disappeared for over a month and looks like he doens't offer his service any more) and one by denial in the kaiser section ($5/month). I thought I'd offer up a similar service starting with the hermes group (cheaper of course) with a few extra tidbits of joy...

- supports iphone exchange services, saves a heck of money over apple's mobileme service!
- outlook web access (with the advanced interface)
- 1gb quota
- both SSL as well as standard port options
- *IMAP access* - you don't even need outlook, syncs flawlessly with your phone.
- *MAPI* outlook access - hook up your outlook on your PC to sync with my service which in turn syncs with your phone. no plugging in ever needed!
- alias included (get your own email)
- changing your password through outlook web access (one-way non-reversible encryption).

I figured it's a bit of an overkill having my own exchange server that's serving a single account (i.e. mine). so why not open it up!

Price is $10 for 3 months, $19 for 6 months.

Please PM me if you're interested... Already have a number of beta testers who I've received only positive responses from so far. I'll probably set up your account within 12 hours (probably less).

And yes, will give you unused credit money back etc etc if you're unsatisfied for whatever reason. I'm really not in this for the money, it's more to utilize something I spent hours building up, plus to cover the costs of my internet / server hardware.

And, as usual, if you need any files hosted for xda-developers just let me know, i'm already hosting over 40 ROM images and serving 5-6gb/day in ROMs from the wiki!

cheers!

free accounts:

will provide 10 rotating free accounts at any given time for test purposes, will base it off of usage. so if you use the free account, i'll keep it up indefinitely, if not then account will be removed after 14 days and given to the next person in line.

Free accounts do not have MAPI access, have 50mb storage, have no aliases either.

Depending on utilization I may increase this 10 free account limit.

Last edited:

CUSTEL

Mar 10, 2007
Chamelion, I will be pming you later in regards to two accounts, there are a couple things I need to research beforehand.

Last edited:

chamelion

Oct 4, 2006
what version of Exchange are you running. I am curious about recieving html e-mail.

exchange 2003.

Yes, that and can I point my domains mx record to you and use my personal .com address?

much easier for both of us if you just forward your personal .com address e-mail to the e-mail address my server assigns you. if you have an alias, your replies will appear from your personal .com email, not from my server :)

for those who've PMed overnight (i'm in london time, 8:20am here now) i'll set up your accounts within the next few hours.

chamelion

Oct 4, 2006
update: all accounts from last night are set up. see your credentials information in your PM boxes!

DR400

Nov 12, 2006
Case sensitive

Hi Chamelion !

Did you get my last PM regarding the change of username to make it lower case to avoir pb with the transfer of emails to gmail.com ?

Thx in advance,

Cédric

chamelion

Oct 4, 2006
Hi Chamelion !

Did you get my last PM regarding the change of username to make it lower case to avoir pb with the transfer of emails to gmail.com ?

Thx in advance,

Cédric

hey cedric!

yep got the PMs, i've changed your username now to make it lowercase. give it a shot now!

hadn't replied yet as your PMs were at 12:30am and 3:20am my time; i'm an old man and needs his rest ;)

DR400

Nov 12, 2006
hey cedric!

yep got the PMs, i've changed your username now to make it lowercase. give it a shot now!

hadn't replied yet as your PMs were at 12:30am and 3:20am my time; i'm an old man and needs his rest ;)

Hi !

I can understand. No problem.

I'm 35 myself but my last daughter is only 2 weeks old ... that's why I'm still alive and kicking at 2.30 am (Paris Time).

Cheers for the account. I'm giving it a try and will report soon.

chamelion

Oct 4, 2006
current users : please feel free to give feedback on this thread too! appreciate it via PM but it'd be nice for other users to get some 3rd party reviews of the service!

jjjjayd13

Nov 24, 2006
How to use?

Chamileon, how can I use?

W/O internet access through phone company?

With internet access through free wifi?

TIA

jjjjayd13:confused:

chamelion

Oct 4, 2006
doesn't matter what kind of internet you have / what method you use. long as you can open a website, you can use this :)

DR400

Nov 12, 2006
current users : please feel free to give feedback on this thread too! appreciate it via PM but it'd be nice for other users to get some 3rd party reviews of the service!

Hi everyone,

I have to acknowledge that the service provided by Chamelion is working flawlessly. I've been using it for a week now and did not encounter any trouble except encoding issues but apparently not from his side. Flexmail is getting crazy with encoding, but poutlook is working great.

For sure, give it a try (if not more) !

thanks Chamelion for the good experience.

Note also that Chamelion is very accessible and quick to respond.

SVIK73

Dec 3, 2007
Stockholm
Great!

I just signed up for the exchange service with Azim and it is great. Not only is it working wonderfully, his customer service and response time has been great. You can't beat what he offers with a stick!

Scarlet

chamelion

Oct 4, 2006
few people are asking about synching from multiple sources...

from my understanding i can only give you one alias for your accounts, which means you can't select your "from." however you're free to forward as many accounts as you wish to the account i create for you, but you can only send from one "alias."

another multi-synching thing people are asking is whether you can sync calendar with your desktop and email with my service. sure!! its best that way in fact - that's what i do. i have my outlook on my desktop which has my calendar, contacts, and only sync my email via push on exchange to my server... you can even take this a step further and set up IMAP access so what you see in your email client is the same as what you'll see in your pocket outlook... if you delete from your desktop, whoosh it disappears from your PDA too :)