Exec - HTC Universal External Antenna

Search This thread

Digs

Apr 6, 2006
I got a response today. They say they are OUT OF STOCK, and getting more in ASAP of Jas Jar adapter.

No surprise there.

If any of you are first to get the adapter, please post your review. I am nervous that "it may not be as good as we all may hope"...

So an independent review will overcome my nervousness.

Part of there email that may interest all ....

..."The Mini Mag Mount Antenna requires a ground plane to work at optimum performance, any metal surface will suffice, such as a car roof, or small bracket. I suggest to save on costs you try to get a bracket a little bit more locally than here, as the weight of one bracket will at least double the cost of delivery. The cost for the adapter is £15. These are currently out of stock! We will be getting more in ASAP! The cost for the antenna is £35 with a 4m cable, or £30 with 2.3m cable."...

Digs

Apr 6, 2006
I got a response today. They say they are OUT OF STOCK, and getting more in ASAP of Jas Jar adapter.

No surprise there.

If any of you are first to get the adapter, please post your review. I am nervous that "it may not be as good as we all may hope"...

So an independent review will overcome my nervousness.

Part of there email that may interest all ....

..."The Mini Mag Mount Antenna requires a ground plane to work at optimum performance, any metal surface will suffice, such as a car roof, or small bracket. I suggest to save on costs you try to get a bracket a little bit more locally than here, as the weight of one bracket will at least double the cost of delivery. The cost for the adapter is £15. These are currently out of stock! We will be getting more in ASAP! The cost for the antenna is £35 with a 4m cable, or £30 with 2.3m cable."...

From www.boatersphone.com

BPC

May 15, 2006
RE: HTC Universal / XDA Exec / I-mate JasJar / Qtek 9000 etc

Hello,

I am aware that some of you have been searching for this adapter for some time now, and my apologies that due to a stock issue, we haven’t been able to supply on demand. This adapter is first come first serve as it is still limited stock.

Now to answer some questions:

The adapter can go in either of the ports on the phone, it is unclear why HTC decided to put two ports on the phone when other manufacturers just put one, and indeed HTC itself put just one on other models.

We cannot confirm or deny that the connector is Amphenol MHCH196; it looks like it could be.

The system is in two parts; one part is the antenna, which works on 850/900/1800/1900/2100MHz frequencies, and comes with 4 metres of cable, this antenna has a magnetic base and the cable terminates with an FME F connector. The second part is a small cable, which has an FME M connector at one end and a connector for the HTC Universal at the other.

Due to a strictly limited stock of these adapters we will only sell one with an antenna unless you have previously bought an antenna from us, and we will supply an antenna with 4m of cable, if you require a different length please let us know.

The magnetic antenna which we recommend requires a small ground-plane to work effectively, we recommend you arrange to get one locally because of the postage costs associated with sending a piece of sheet steel internationally.

The costs:

The HTC Universal adapter is UK £20
A 3G/Multiband Mini-Mag antenna with 4 metres of cable is UK £35
International Postage is UK £15
UK Postage is £3.30

Total International cost is: UK £70
Total Domestic cost is: UK £58.30

International orders will be taken by card; you may send details over several emails DO NOT SEND THEM ALL IN ONE BECAUSE WE WILL NOT TAKE LIABILITY FOR INTERCEPTION! Or you can call us to place an order at the following times on the following number:

00447727663584, Ask for Arthur or Mark.

Monday, Wednesday, or Friday; GMT+1; 10am – 2pm.

Email address is sales@boatersphone.com

Regards,

Arthur @ BPC

Digs

Apr 6, 2006
What, now we have a flood of selections, I wonder if the Asian coy is reputable, many have recommended an adapter but not all have fitted well.

Still waiting for an independent review . If one of you buys one of these, please post your review.Thx

nicko

Mar 28, 2006
Essex, UK
External antennas for Universal

I may be moving into regions where UMTS/3G is more than a dream (I am currently in the wilderness where even GPRS requires careful acrobatics!), so I shall wait until plans are clear. Please can someone post prices for the Taiwanese adapter?
Thanks
Nick

moarph

Apr 19, 2006
Sorry guys but this seems pretty dead to me. Tried to call the guys at BPC actually talked a little with Arthur. He asked me to call him back on Wednesday. I did so but no one was able to answer the phone. So I spoke in their answering machine to call me back asap. Still waiting...
If you have 'trustable' businesspartners like the both at BPC, I really need a very good reason to give them my Visa Number...
If someone has more luck with BPC please give me a PM...otherwise my only (very small) hope is that Asia import thingy...IT IS REALY FRUSTRATING

Digs

Apr 6, 2006
I have emailed the Asian suppliers twice, no response. I only get "we will be in touch soon" standard response.

I will call them this week, hope they speak english !

weebobster

May 28, 2006
Newtownards
Good luck Digs, and keep us all posted! this is very frustrating, i have really poor signal recpetion at work and mt recent update to Radio 1.09.00 hasnt had any noticable impacr imho.

Digs

Apr 6, 2006
I have made contact with Tawian re sellers, by phone, and yes communication is an issue by voice. Will be doing emails only, the seam like nice folk.

I am asking a heap of questions, like will it work !!!

So far as I can work out the cost is about $60 USD ( frieght ??, not sure yet ) in total for the items below. I may the antenna priced incorrectly. They did say lead time was 3 weeks.

Maybe you can comment on my product selections for the Imate Jas Jar. Will I have issues, the seam ok.

MY SELECTED PRODUCTS :
Car Antenna-INSIDE-ON-GLASS(PATCH ANTENNAS)(AA-09-2)
http://scm.asianproducts.com/clients/showproducts.php?pid=A10757702839278&cno=A10173435054851

1.Connector: TNC/FME/SMA
2.CABLE: RG174U
3.Ferquency: 900/1800(800/1900) , UMTS, 3GMHz
4.Gain: 2.5dB
5.lmpedance: 50ohm
6.VSWR: 1.5:1

External Antenna Cable Adaptors for I-MATE-JASJAR(I-MATE-JASJAR)
http://scm.asianproducts.com/clients/showproducts.php?pid=P11480038890485572&cno=A10173435054851

1.CABLE: RG174
2.LENGTH: 50CM , 100CM
3.CONNECTOR: TNC,MINI UHF ,FME

Pass comments on my product selection if you like !

UPDATE : 20060625 : Communication is hard with the people at the company, they dont accept credit cards, cost is about $60 USD ( I think ??? ). I have to pay by TT, what ever that is, due to langauge difficulties I cant determine how good the product are together. The adapter is made by them, not a major phone company like NOKIA.
If you speak Taiwanese then email Jenny and have a go : jenny@chinmore.com.tw

dpaul

Apr 18, 2006
External Antenna

I give up. I just bought a HP Ipaq 6515. At least I can get a decent phone signal on it. I like my Qtek 9000 and don't want to give it up, I can't get an external antenna for it. The HTC 6600 and 6601 had problems with there external antenna when you connected a adapter to it. The connector was not strong enough and would break on the phone side. And then you had no signal at all. I think that's why it's so difficult to get a adapter for the Universal. The design is screwed up. Which leads to the question of why they would put one there anyway. I feel like I got played on that one. They advertise that there is an external antenna connection so you assume you can get one. Silly me. I hate to sell it but.

Dan :(

Camstech

Feb 2, 2004
Melbourne
Tried the THB cradle?

Whilst this may not suit those who want to use the Jasjar in their home, THB Bury do a Jasjar car cradle for their Uni 8 system. This uses a re-radiating antenna connection, where the antenna signal is fed into the cradle behind the inbuilt antenna. I find that this is sufficient to raise the signal strength by about two bars. I have friends in a black spot, and can get no signal at all when removed from the cradle; the Jasjar goes into "search" mode. Stick it in the cradle and I get two bars, quite enough for a phone call.
Hellishly expensive though, at more than AU$200 just for the cradle.
It remains the simplest option as it requires no plugging in.
Lord knows why HTC put a product on the market without supplying the accesories for it. It just seems like a totally lost marketing opportunity.
Same goes for the GPS antenna of the i-mate PDA-N. You must go after market. D'oh.

Digs

Apr 6, 2006
Thanks...

..."THB Bury do a Jasjar car cradle for their Uni 8 system. This uses a re-radiating antenna connection,"...

Can you post links to show this service ?

WARNING - Due to recent tests we advise against purchasing the XDA Exec / T-Mobile Pro / i-Mate Jasjar / HTC Universal and its variants. They are prone to hardware and software faults, and no antenna adapter is currently available except through our agents. If customers want to test an adapter in this handset they can arrange to see one of our agents.

Does this mean I should be saying "Oops" about now? XD

Oh well, I have Monthly Insurance. XD

Camstech

Feb 2, 2004
Melbourne
THB Link

THB-Bury do a range of cars kits, with individual cradles for different phone models. These cradles just clip into a standard fitting that mounts to your dash. Most systems have an external aerial, and work through the cars factory speakers.
Here is the link for the HTC cradles:
http://www.bury.com/technologies/GB/hands-free/47/UNI_Take&Talk/HTC
As far as hardware problems go, I have had none at all with my Jasjar. About the only weakness (apart from weight!) is an occasional Bluetooth shutdown, that usually only occurs when I swap devices regularly, like leaving the THB car environment and connecting a Jabra BT Headset.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Although I learly can read your bold text and being able to find this on on the page i really have no clue where you find the connection between the velco apdator and the O2 XDA Exec since it's marked with plug-in adaptor. Well we will see.