• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

Execute a script at boot

Search This thread

sverza

Jan 15, 2008
Hello, I'd like to execute a easy script at every boot of the phone so basically I've placed the script in the folder
/sbin/.magisk/img/.core/service.d/doze.disable.sh
I've tried also putting it in
/sbin/.magisk/img/.core/post-fs-data.d/doze.disable.sh
but even if the magisk log reports the script was executed... it isn't executed.

The script has the purpose to completely disable the doze and it has root/root and all r/w/x permissions

The content is
#!/system/bin/sh
su -c 'dumpsys deviceidle disable'

The magisk log is attached

Where am I wrong??
Or, how I can execute the script every boot?

Samsung S7 with The Galaxy Project OREO

Thanks

Attachments

• magisk_log_20190129_093143.log
    1.4 KB · Views: 328

Didgeridoohan

Senior Moderator / Dev Committee / Dev Relations
Staff member
May 31, 2012
Gothenburg
Google Nexus 4
Nexus 6
A couple of things:
  1. You don't need to call su in the boot script. It's being executed by Magisk, which always has superuser access...
  2. post-fs-data.d might be too early. Try moving it to service.d instead. Depending on when that's being set during boot, you might also have to add a delay as to when the command is being run.

sverza

Jan 15, 2008
A couple of things:
  1. You don't need to call su in the boot script. It's being executed by Magisk, which always has superuser access...
  2. post-fs-data.d might be too early. Try moving it to service.d instead. Depending on when that's being set during boot, you might also have to add a delay as to when the command is being run.

Thanks,
1) I've tried also without calling the su option but without success. So I tried also calling it
2) after checking the script in the service.d didn't work I tried puttin it also in post-fs-data.d
... yes, I've tried different ways.

So something like this (considering 10 seconds)?
#!/system/bin/sh
sleep 10
dumpsys deviceidle disable

[email protected]

Jan 18, 2019
I'm running into this same problem, Magisk is saying it was executed but the process is not running. Here is my script in
/sbin/.magisk/img/.core/service.d/customboot.sh

The script runs fine when i run it via ssh but it never works on boot?

Code:
#!/system/bin/sh

sleep 30

/data/data/com.termux/files/usr/bin/rclone mount gDRIVE: /data/media/0/Movies \
 --config=/storage/sda1/tools/rclone/rclone.conf \
 --allow-non-empty \
 --allow-other \
 --dir-cache-time 72h \
 --cache-workers 6 \
 --debug-fuse \
 -v \
 --daemon

Last edited:

[email protected]

Jan 18, 2019
Have you tried running it on device (not trough ssh)? How about putting the command on one line?

hmm you found something interesting, when I launch termux and try to launch it from there directly off the device it doesn't work:

su
sh /sbin/.magisk/img/.core/service.d/customboot.sh

however there are no errors or anything like that. the command is not running in the processes I see via top (when i run the command thru ssh the process shows) and the log I designed only shows the sleep command and rclone command no other errors:

exec > /sbin/.magisk/img/.core/service.d/test.log 2>&1
set -x

I'm stuck at this point any ideas

edit--i figured it out it was a problem within rclone itself strangely enough it hda a dependency that didn't load till later

Last edited:

[email protected]

Jan 18, 2019
So now that I figured out I'm missing an environmental variable does anyone know how I can add a custom program as an environmental variable to Android or Magisk so that when my bootscript runs it calls the right programs and fix "executable file not found in $PATH"

figured it out:

#!/system/bin/sh
PATH=$PATH:<directory you want to add>
<rest of script>

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    It is causing delayed notification on some apps.
    Oreo
    Credit @return_of_0ctobot

while [ "$(getprop sys.boot_completed)" != 1 ];
    do sleep 1;
    done

Much more universal ... And does not require trial and error to find boot completed
    A couple of things:
    Something like that might work, yes. Have you made sure that the command works at all on your device? If it does it's likely a matter of finding the correct delay...
    It seems it is working now, thanks for the tip "delay"
    It seems it is working now, thanks for the delay tip

No worries. Been there, done that, pulled my hair out in frustration... :laugh: