Exercise recording error / issue - Stratos 3

Search This thread

vachod

Aug 5, 2020
Hi,

My Stratos 3 is having a problem during the exercise.
The recording (time, distance, etc) reset suring the activity/ exercise, and start again, but the duration of the exercise start shows about 443078 hours. Then when I try to restart the activity, after doing all again, i'm not able to save (the duration of exercise is to short - message that shows).

I had reboot the smartwatch 4 times, and dind´t find anything about this.

It has already happened for 4 times, when I was running and 'indoor fitness' (1 vs 3 x)

Tzar92

Jul 17, 2020
Hi,

The recording (time, distance, etc) reset suring the activity/ exercise, and start again, but the duration of the exercise start shows about 443078 hours. Then when I try to restart the activity, after doing all again, i'm not able to save (the duration of exercise is to short - message that shows).

It has already happened for 4 times, when I was running and 'indoor fitness' (1 vs 3 x)
Hello, your watch is probably on 4.2.6.0 or 4.2.7.0. Many similar bugs have been reported. No fix so far. 2 options: either you brick the watch and installed another ROM or you wait for the next fw update which I don't know the release date.

Reactions: bartnissa

vachod

Aug 5, 2020
Hello, your watch is probably on 4.2.6.0 or 4.2.7.0. Many similar bugs have been reported. No fix so far. 2 options: either you brick the watch and installed another ROM or you wait for the next fw update which I don't know the release date.

Thanks for the quickly answer!

Sorry, but what do you mean by 'brick the watch' - to reboot with factory system?
And how can I install another room? (PC?)

Probably some dumb quentions but I really don´t know haha

Tzar92

Jul 17, 2020

Sorry, but what do you mean by 'brick the watch' - to reboot with factory system?

Like any other Android device. Basically, you need to unlock the bootloader, install ADB along with the drivers. Then, you have the choice to install a customROM or reinstall another version firmware.
This has to be done carefully and you have to know that you break the warranty of your device. it has to be done at your own risk.
Here is one example for the Statos3: https://xdaforums.com/smartwatch/amazfit/paceficator-project-stratos-3-multi-t4033223
There are other installers for other fw versions and type of smartwatch Stratos, Verge etc...
Don't jump in such operations if you are not sure and familiar with Android environment, even though I am and I succeeded thanks to the perfect installer from Saratoga79.
You still have the option to wait for next fw release, but I don't know when it is being released.

Reactions: bartnissa

vachod

Aug 5, 2020
Like any other Android device. Basically, you need to unlock the bootloader, install ADB along with the drivers. Then, you have the choice to install a customROM or reinstall another version firmware.
This has to be done carefully and you have to know that you break the warranty of your device. it has to be done at your own risk.
Here is one example for the Statos3: https://xdaforums.com/smartwatch/amazfit/paceficator-project-stratos-3-multi-t4033223
There are other installers for other fw versions and type of smartwatch Stratos, Verge etc...
Don't jump in such operations if you are not sure and familiar with Android environment, even though I am and I succeeded thanks to the perfect installer from Saratoga79.
You still have the option to wait for next fw release, but I don't know when it is being released.

Ok! Thank you very much for the information. Probably will help more people as well.

maxime_vdd

Sep 8, 2021
Same problem for me.
I read on another forum that you can avoid such problems by turning the watch on airplane mode. Does anybody have tried here ?

winni21

Nov 18, 2010
hello,
not yet, where did you found this trick? does someone can confirm? i'm on 4.2.5.0

maxime_vdd

Sep 8, 2021
ok keep us informed ;-)
I've been using it a lot since my last message. In ultra mode, I had no issue so far.
The airplane mode seems to have no effect.

unlock your watch, and flash 4.2.5.0 rom on it, and NEVER update, that should do the trick.
Yes, it seems to be a good solution, for experts users who have enough time to spend to achieve the config.
Setting ultra mode is easier for users like me.

maxime_vdd

Sep 8, 2021
I've been using it a lot since my last message. In ultra mode, I had no issue so far.
The airplane mode seems to have no effect.

Yes, it seems to be a good solution, for experts users who have enough time to spend to achieve the config.
Setting ultra mode is easier for users like me.

I eventually downgraded my stratos 3 from firmware 4.2.8 to 4.2.5.
I had a little ""unfortunately, Health has stopped" issue, solved by a hard reset.
Now, I have to test the watch while running, I will let you know.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi,