exFAT support for TCL C715/C815 TV's

Search This thread

markshane

Jun 30, 2010
Dubai
Hi,

I'm not able to use by exFAT formatted HDD (4TB Seagate Backup Plus) on TCL C715, it says it is corrupted even though it works perfectly fine on my 7 years old Samsung F6400. I'm not sure if it will read NTFS as well because I don't have it on hand right now.

I also have an Android TV box (H96 Max X2) with Android TV 9.0 which also works fine with this exFAT drive and supports NTFS as well. The reason I bought the TV was to have an all in one device with Android so that I can plug in my drive directly to the TV rather than an external TV Box and setup KODI on it.

I'm familiar with rooting Android phones (Samsung, SONY, LG) so I'm open to suggestions if there is any way to make this work. I don't have a spare drive or space to copy all my 4TB data and then format it to something the TV will support.

Thanks!

Generaljan

Apr 10, 2015
Hi,

I'm not able to use by exFAT formatted HDD (4TB Seagate Backup Plus) on TCL C715, it says it is corrupted even though it works perfectly fine on my 7 years old Samsung F6400. I'm not sure if it will read NTFS as well because I don't have it on hand right now.

I also have an Android TV box (H96 Max X2) with Android TV 9.0 which also works fine with this exFAT drive and supports NTFS as well. The reason I bought the TV was to have an all in one device with Android so that I can plug in my drive directly to the TV rather than an external TV Box and setup KODI on it.

I'm familiar with rooting Android phones (Samsung, SONY, LG) so I'm open to suggestions if there is any way to make this work. I don't have a spare drive or space to copy all my 4TB data and then format it to something the TV will support.

Thanks!

Have you found solution?

I am having same problem on my TCL P815, it has diferent procesor but same motherboard. It looks like TCL for some reason das not support exFAT. :(

Neap Tide

Feb 13, 2013
Hi, You need to format your external drive with FAT32 and it will work on TCL Smart TVs.

TCL should release support for NTFS and ExFAT file systems as well.

daredevil_pt

Jun 16, 2011
My TCL support drives in NTFS format, only Exfat is not supported. I think it should be the same with the models referenced in your posts

crashnburnMDA

May 31, 2006
Texas
Hi,

Thanks!
Congrats. Im considering getting it as well. Can you help check something for me on it?
What country/ location did you get it?