Expanding SuperJustKitchen to the Opal

Search This thread

ivanmmj

Retired Moderator
Jan 3, 2007
I'm looking to expand SuperJustKitchen from the Herald to the Opal. Basically, it's based on Ervius's Visual Kitchen with batches to do other things. It currently supports 13 languages for the Herald and usually gets the newest 6.1 build, the newest old gui 6.5 and the newest new gui 6.5.
I figured since you guys have a QVGA phone, I'd start with you guys.
I need something from you guys, though:

I need the RUU for the Opal on EVERY language that it was released in.
Thanks guys!

ob_izzy

Sep 12, 2008
las vegas
I'm looking to expand SuperJustKitchen from the Herald to the Opal. Basically, it's based on Ervius's Visual Kitchen with batches to do other things. It currently supports 13 languages for the Herald and usually gets the newest 6.1 build, the newest old gui 6.5 and the newest new gui 6.5.
I figured since you guys have a QVGA phone, I'd start with you guys.
I need something from you guys, though:

I need the RUU for the Opal on EVERY language that it was released in.
Thanks guys!

alrite ivan wats up... been awhile i dnt have my herald no more.. r u making roms here??

ivanmmj

Retired Moderator
Jan 3, 2007
I don't make ROMs any longer. I do make kitchens, though, and I'm thinking about expanding to the Artemis. I haven't really looked too much into it, yet.

ob_izzy

Sep 12, 2008
las vegas
i c... wat about the soft keys??? cuz the words are too big for the cirlce so i'll be like contacts will be "cont..."

theglen35

Jun 11, 2009
Great Man

Thanks for doing this man i am looking forward to it.Did you get any RUU files as yet? I have the original RUU rom in english if you want,let me know.And even though you don't get alot of languages still make it ok,Thanks man.

ivanmmj

Retired Moderator
Jan 3, 2007
Thanks for doing this man i am looking forward to it.Did you get any RUU files as yet? I have the original RUU rom in english if you want,let me know.And even though you don't get alot of languages still make it ok,Thanks man.
I haven't received anything, yet, unfortunately. I would appreciate the English RUU.
i c... wat about the soft keys??? cuz the words are too big for the cirlce so i'll be like contacts will be "cont..."
I don't have that problem on the ROMs built into my kitchen, so I don't know what you mean. Sorry.

ob_izzy

Sep 12, 2008
las vegas
hope this work... that the ruu if thats the one u looking for..

Attachments

• Opal_CustomRUU_v1.0.zip
    590.3 KB · Views: 11

ivanmmj

Retired Moderator
Jan 3, 2007
yea the rest of the theme in my phone r the same... unless i can download another theme? yea its kinda weird huh... do u have any suggestions? cuz its ugly...miss my wing..
Find another theme. There are some nice ones in the main development forums.
Let's get back on topic, I still need some RUU ROMs. ^_^

ivanmmj

Retired Moderator
Jan 3, 2007
Ok, I ported the Opal to my kitchen in WWE(0409-English) and RUS(0419-Russian).
I need someone with an Opal here to test a ROM made with it to see if it works at all. If it does, then you guys can start using it when v0.5 comes out.

ivanmmj

Retired Moderator
Jan 3, 2007
Well, I went ahead and merge Opal but only in English to the Herald kitchen. Actually, the switch brought upon many reforms. Can someone please test that nbh that I posted so I can know if the Opal builds work at all?
At the moment the kitchen can build the following:
21054 - WM6.1
23016 - WM6.5 with older GUI
23060 - WM6.5 with new redesigned GUI
23420 - WM6.5.1 with new internal code and redesigned GUI (But buggier)

ivanmmj

Retired Moderator
Jan 3, 2007
When flashing my phone it reached 100% and after the phone restarted it goes to the tri color screen with an error "upgrade ROM code error Please try again"
hmm... Does this ever happen with other ROMs for your device? If so, what causes it then? I'll research the error as well.