Experia 5 ii wifi calling support on US Variant.

Search This thread

ds592

Feb 24, 2021
Hi,
Is wi-fi calling supported on XQ-AS62, US Variant of this phone ? If so, which networks. I am specifically interested if the feature works on Tmobile or a Tmobile MVNO.
I see contradictory information on the forums and hope someone who owns the phone can give a definitive answer.

Hi,
Is wi-fi calling supported on XQ-AS62, US Variant of this phone ? If so, which networks. I am specifically interested if the feature works on Tmobile or a Tmobile MVNO.
I see contradictory information on the forums and hope someone who owns the phone can give a definitive answer.
As mentioned on other thread:
"Nope, I am using T-Mobile and Wi-Fi calling is not supported(no option in settings), even *#*#4636#*#* menu shows Wifi Calling Provisioned toggle disabled and Off (VoLTE Provisioned is disabled and On)"

I did some research and there is no definitive answer to why Wifi Calling doesn't work with T-Mobile but I suspect it has something to do with Certification from T-Mobile, Sony and T-Mobile should work like they did for VoLTE to enable Wifi Calling. (Not sure if rooting and adding some config will change this but out of Box Wifi Calling is not working with T-Mobile)

ds592

Feb 24, 2021
Thanks for the information. I assumed the North American variant meant it would support all network features of US carriers.
I see Sony Experia phones in the past that did support wi-fi calling on Tmobile, so its surprising they have dropped the support on their flagship phones.

Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone