Question Experience any bugs on the Vivo X80 Pro? Let's share and help each other!

Search This thread

Derpling

May 10, 2015
Huawei Mate 40 Pro
Vivo X80 Pro
Well so far I haven't seen much of an improvement to be honest, so I'm a little bit disappointed by the battery life and it's really getting annoying a little bit.
Hopefully the next update or updates will bring better battery life

ZarW

Jun 16, 2022
Favorite Contacts (family members) constantly disappearing and appearing.

Setting up my phone I marked 6 contacts as my favorite ones. Last week I noticed the first time, that one contact was suddenly not in this list anymore. I also found out that the contact was not in my contact list anymore - strange. So I added my dad again. One day later, after having a restart, the contact appeared twice in my favorite list and also in my contact list (google). Everything fine, no: This disappearing and appearing pattern continued with other contacts. I really do not know why this is happening. Currently, out of 6 only 3 contacts are shown in my favorite list, the other 3 contacts missing, are also missing in my normal contact list. When I add them, the next the I have them twice. This makes no sense - maybe the reason is "google"?

Model: Global, Origin OS, 512GB, DIM9000

Contacts & Favorites issues fixed

The Origin OS Update from last week fixed the issue with the favorites and missing contacts. All contacts are listed and my favorites list is always complete without missing anyone.

ZarW

Jun 16, 2022
New issue - phone call with usb-c adapter and earphones: my dialog partner complains about hearing himself

Does anyone has the same issue when having a phone call while using a usb-c adapter and earphones? I used the usb-c adapter with several other phones and there was no issue like that. I do not have any echo issues, only my dialog partners. Furthermore, I would like to have the opportunity to reduce the volume further - my earphones (with usb-c adapter) make my ears explode.

I really appreciate your tips condisering the echo for my dialog partner and the volume issue.

Haroon2015

Feb 15, 2015
Hi, i am facing a issue with my device,
In sleepmode my data (internet) does not work often, when i wake my device i have to toggle data button for work my internet,
please give solution

Dutch-Vivo

Mar 3, 2022
Looks promising!

All of the things it (supposedly) addresses area things I've actually been having problems with: apps randomly crashing for no reason, Bluetooth connection losses...

They don't mention battery life though and lately I've noticed something a little alarming:

Screenshot-2022-0726-134216.jpg

Vivo services are causing that much background battery drain? Their power management is whack...

Screenshot-2022-0727-032756.jpg

What's concerning is that the main subprocesses involved are ambient sensor, accelerometer and proximity sensor which shouldn't be doing squat in the background because I have "raise to wake" and "tap screen to wake" disabled. 🤷‍♂️

And 3 & 1/2 background CPU usage since I last unplugged the phone from the charger? That sounds excessive to the point of the kind of fishy days collection other Chinese manufacturers have been involved in in the past. Either that, or the worst power management implementation I've ever seen on en Android phone...

My battery life seemed to be improving but it's gotten worse again the last two days. Last night battery level dropped by 8% with (wait for it...) ✈️ mode on, Bluetooth off and battery saver mode on. 8%!

Seeing the Vivo services background drain, I really think a lot of this could be addressed with software fixes... I really hope they get their $#!7 together because I'm this close to returning the damn thing. If it weren't for the AMAZING pics I definitely would have returned it already but...DAMN! 🤣

I think I'll opt for the "beta" versions and see how that pans out
That ViVo service could very well be something about collecting 'data'.
That's why it's triggered by all possible sensor that would sense that you are using the device in some way, even if it's not moving and laying flat on it's back. They got any interaction with the device covered with those 3 sensors.
Very very fishy, especially since it's not just stealing data but also stealing lots of batterypower in the process.

Derpling

May 10, 2015
Huawei Mate 40 Pro
Vivo X80 Pro
Noticed some other weird bugs:

The phone would sometimes open the lock screen as if I touched it without actually touching it, waking the phone and canceling the deep sleep mode.

There are some annoying lags when switching between apps at times, it's probably due to bad LTPO3 implantation.

Battery is really the biggest issue here, it sometimes last 4.5hr before going to 25% battery, sometimes 5hr, it's very not consist despite that I use the phone the same way.

Sometimes when listening to music, specially via Bluetooth, and I open the phone, I noticed there is a one-second hitch and as a result the sound cutoff for a second, and it returns, it can be very annoying.

Last but not least.... How there are NO battery preserve health options here? Charge to 80? Shorten the charge cycle? Every phone has it, but not the Vivo.

So far the X80 Pro is a great phone with big potential but buggy software and poor battery life, have to say i'm considering the ROG6 phone due to the battery mainly.

wimbawaya

Jun 20, 2016
That ViVo service could very well be something about collecting 'data'.
That's why it's triggered by all possible sensor that would sense that you are using the device in some way, even if it's not moving and laying flat on it's back. They got any interaction with the device covered with those 3 sensors.
Very very fishy, especially since it's not just stealing data but also stealing lots of batterypower in the process.
I'm just speculating here, don't want to throw around unfounded accusations either.

wimbawaya

Jun 20, 2016
The phone would sometimes open the lock screen as if I touched it without actually touching it, waking the phone and canceling the deep sleep mode.

There are some annoying lags when switching between apps at times, it's probably due to bad LTPO3 implantation.

Battery is really the biggest issue here, it sometimes last 4.5hr before going to 25% battery, sometimes 5hr, it's very not consist despite that I use the phone the same way.
Same bugs here. Overall, the UI feels like a rushed and unpolished effort. A good example is the duplicate power management options. If you go to an app's app info >> menu >> battery and choose "unrestricted", what you set there doesn't change the settings for that app in Settings >> Battery >> Background power consumption management. Which one applies?

Overall, the implementation is whack. For Facebook, I have background power usage restricted in both menus, yet last night, it took place number 4 in background battery usage, responsible for 4.5% of the phone's battery drain overnight. On the other side of the spectrum, there are certain apps that the system closes way too aggressively: if you switch to another app for 30" and go back, it's put it to sleep and when it reopens, you're back to the home screen, not the specific page/tab you were on. Sometimes this is extremely annoying.

There are apps that I don't use often, that would cause considerable background battery usage if left unchecked, so I have to keep them "restricted" (in both settings menus), then switch to "unrestricted" (in both places, which makes it doubly annoying) when I'm going to use them so they aren't killed by the system when I switch apps to quickly reply to a message, for example.

Or my banking app: It uses a lot of background CPU if left unchecked, . so I'd like to restrict it, but that kills all notifications (for transactions, which are important). I've tried "Smart control" but it seems like it switches between all or nothing: sometimes the system lets it do as it pleases, and it uses a ton of battery in the background, other times it completely kills it and I don't receive notifications at all. Not sure what kind of algorithms "Smart control" uses, but they aren't very smart...

Overall battery drain continues the same here. The max. I ever get, like you, is 4.5-5h SoT, and background battery drain is awful. Last night it dropped from 80% to 67% in flight mode and with battery saver on. Android system + Kernel amounted for 47% of all battery drain. 🤦‍♂️

Another small thing: Am I the only one who finds it annoying that in notifications, all app icons are all the same color (system accent color), instead of the colour the app's icon would usually be?

So far the X80 Pro is a great phone with big potential but buggy software and poor battery life, have to say i'm considering the ROG6 phone due to the battery mainly.

For me, it's a FANTASTIC camera and a very mediocre phone. Great specs, yes, but as a daily driver, not up to the task. Bad battery life, a CPU that might shine in intensive applications but is very power-hungry, an unpolished UI that's laggy (defeating the purpose of such a powerful CPU), unpolished and feels dated, bugs-galore...

Personally, I would not recommend this phone, especially at this price-point, and I won't be buying a Vivo again.

Now that Samsung's confirmed that the S23 series will be shipping with SD globally, and Qualcomm has confirmed that all their chips will be manufactured by TSMC (and no longer by Samsung), I think I might try my luck the the S23 Ultra come February. I've been staying clear of Samsung for years because of the terrible Exynos chips, but with these news, and after having experienced Funtouch OS and what a truly unpolished OS looks like, I think I'll switch. Maybe their camera still won't beat the X80Pro's, but to me a phone needs to be the whole package, and this phone falls short in way too many aspects. Ah, I wish the Huawei ban would come to an end... 😭

Another lesson learned: This is the last time I give reviews any credibility (neither Youtubers nor sites like GSM Arena, Tech Advisor, PC Mag, etc.). And if I do check out any reviews, I think it's important to focus on what they don't say, or what they only hint at subtly, and remember that reality is going to be a magnified version of that. "Average battery life" means "terrible battery life" and "a few slightly annoying bugs" means "a UI that makes you want to throw the phone out the window" 🤣

Derpling

May 10, 2015
Huawei Mate 40 Pro
Vivo X80 Pro
Same bugs here. Overall, the UI feels like a rushed and unpolished effort. A good example is the duplicate power management options. If you go to an app's app info >> menu >> battery and choose "unrestricted", what you set there doesn't change the settings for that app in Settings >> Battery >> Background power consumption management. Which one applies?

Overall, the implementation is whack. For Facebook, I have background power usage restricted in both menus, yet last night, it took place number 4 in background battery usage, responsible for 4.5% of the phone's battery drain overnight. On the other side of the spectrum, there are certain apps that the system closes way too aggressively: if you switch to another app for 30" and go back, it's put it to sleep and when it reopens, you're back to the home screen, not the specific page/tab you were on. Sometimes this is extremely annoying.

There are apps that I don't use often, that would cause considerable background battery usage if left unchecked, so I have to keep them "restricted" (in both settings menus), then switch to "unrestricted" (in both places, which makes it doubly annoying) when I'm going to use them so they aren't killed by the system when I switch apps to quickly reply to a message, for example.

Or my banking app: It uses a lot of background CPU if left unchecked, . so I'd like to restrict it, but that kills all notifications (for transactions, which are important). I've tried "Smart control" but it seems like it switches between all or nothing: sometimes the system lets it do as it pleases, and it uses a ton of battery in the background, other times it completely kills it and I don't receive notifications at all. Not sure what kind of algorithms "Smart control" uses, but they aren't very smart...

Overall battery drain continues the same here. The max. I ever get, like you, is 4.5-5h SoT, and background battery drain is awful. Last night it dropped from 80% to 67% in flight mode and with battery saver on. Android system + Kernel amounted for 47% of all battery drain. 🤦‍♂️

Another small thing: Am I the only one who finds it annoying that in notifications, all app icons are all the same color (system accent color), instead of the colour the app's icon would usually be?

For me, it's a FANTASTIC camera and a very mediocre phone. Great specs, yes, but as a daily driver, not up to the task. Bad battery life, a CPU that might shine in intensive applications but is very power-hungry, an unpolished UI that's laggy (defeating the purpose of such a powerful CPU), unpolished and feels dated, bugs-galore...

Personally, I would not recommend this phone, especially at this price-point, and I won't be buying a Vivo again.

Now that Samsung's confirmed that the S23 series will be shipping with SD globally, and Qualcomm has confirmed that all their chips will be manufactured by TSMC (and no longer by Samsung), I think I might try my luck the the S23 Ultra come February. I've been staying clear of Samsung for years because of the terrible Exynos chips, but with these news, and after having experienced Funtouch OS and what a truly unpolished OS looks like, I think I'll switch. Maybe their camera still won't beat the X80Pro's, but to me a phone needs to be the whole package, and this phone falls short in way too many aspects. Ah, I wish the Huawei ban would come to an end... 😭

Another lesson learned: This is the last time I give reviews any credibility (neither Youtubers nor sites like GSM Arena, Tech Advisor, PC Mag, etc.). And if I do check out any reviews, I think it's important to focus on what they don't say, or what they only hint at subtly, and remember that reality is going to be a magnified version of that. "Average battery life" means "terrible battery life" and "a few slightly annoying bugs" means "a UI that makes you want to throw the phone out the window" 🤣

Same boat it seems, hehe
Samsung phones tend to be good for the first months, and then the updates gradually screw it up.

I miss Huawei so much, they are the only company that had the less issue with the best camera and battery life, i wish they could re-release the Mate 20 X with today's hardware.

I think i'll buy the Rog6 as it seems to have the best speed with awesome battery life, great screen ,great speakers and OK cameras...

I leave the Vivo x80 Pro as a backup device and i'll monitor if it improves or if Vivo improve the software.

I'll probably buy the Xiaomi Ultra 13 or 13 Pro if it ticks all the right boxes next year.

Dutch-Vivo

Mar 3, 2022
Same boat it seems, hehe
Samsung phones tend to be good for the first months, and then the updates gradually screw it up.

I miss Huawei so much, they are the only company that had the less issue with the best camera and battery life, i wish they could re-release the Mate 20 X with today's hardware.

I think i'll buy the Rog6 as it seems to have the best speed with awesome battery life, great screen ,great speakers and OK cameras...

I leave the Vivo x80 Pro as a backup device and i'll monitor if it improves or if Vivo improve the software.

I'll probably buy the Xiaomi Ultra 13 or 13 Pro if it ticks all the right boxes next year.
I skipped several Samsungs because of the Exynos soc in my region and the poor batterylife a couple of years ago.
I also hated my single speaker on my Note 8 so my next device needed to have 2x great speakers and great battery stamina.
It was impossible to find everything i wanted (top spec Soc, audio jack, big screen, huge storage, fast charging, etc etc) so i decided i would buy something that was kinda close as a temporary device untill the flagships came with something worthy.
I bought the Asus ROG 6 512GB and never looked back !
The battery is such a conveniance and the speakers are the best you will find, period.
Display is good but not the best, BUT it's flat which i find to be ideal for gestures and editing pictures and such.
Charging was plenty fast and the UI is very stock Android with nice features, that was probably the biggest surprise.
Camera is Meh ... Sometimes great, sometimes dissapointing.
I sometimes miss wireless charging aswell as an IP rating.

Today i am using it 2.7 years, much longer than expected and i went all across the globe with it, no issues at all.
I do miss a great camera system so that's why i am looking at something new now andd had my hopes up for the Xiaomi 12SUltra but it's kinda dissapointing in some ways and NO global version.

My Vivo search has kinda stopped after seeing all the issues which i do NOT have on this old ROG2, so i don't see myself spending a small fortune only to go backwards in some important departments and having to find workarounds or always look for power in order to charge it.

With the recent ROG6 i think the camera is much better than mine but the macro system is again an useless feature as nobody cares for a low quality macro and it should have been a 3x optical zoom.
Right now i'm on the fence as i won't be looking for a Vivo, and the ROG6 (need 512GB !) is too expensive nowadays.
They don't reallly drop in price neither so i won't be paying 1200 euro's for something that's better than what i have but the experience will be the same in some areas.

Thinking about buying a 'temporary' device again and was looking at the Mi11 Ultra 512GB. That should easily ast me untill the Galaxy S24Ultra.
Just like WabaWaya i have strayed away from Samsung because of their decisions these past couple of years but the S23U and possibly the S24U could change the game.
But seeing is believeing as Samsung has the abillity to make the very very best devices on the planet but they alway seem to mess things up in some ways.
The Exynos/SD issue is evident but they haven't been doing great on battery ever since the failed Note 7.
Also they like to regress, just like we have seen with the poor speakers on the S22U while they were pretty good on the S21U.
Just like they went from 16GB Ram on the 512GB version to 12GB. And before we start a discussion, i DOcare about the most amount of RAM possible. It has never ever been a drawback to have more than you need, but the otherway around can be a pain. Especially looking at the superb Software support from Samsung these day the 12GB Ram could become an issue in the next 4 years with OS updates and Apps that could be more demanding.
I see more Ram as futureproofing, even if it never will be used.

Anyways, thanks guys for your honest opinions as others can learrn from it.

Derpling

May 10, 2015
Huawei Mate 40 Pro
Vivo X80 Pro
I'll probably purchase the Asus Rog6 despite the price, and keep the vivo for testing their software if it ever improves...
At least until the next gen will come out, and we'll see if Samsung can actually make a phone that won't eat itself in terms of battery drain, or Xiaomi will nail it with the 13 series.

Reactions: wimbawaya

Dutch-Vivo

Mar 3, 2022
Oh, as for reviewers ...
Don't believe the Hype !
They don't run into all the 'smaller' issues as they simply don't really USE the devices.
Sure, they will put their sim in, use a sandbox account, download some apps and make some calls but do you really think they put their Life on that device that was 'donated' ?????
No Way .... They all have an Iphone or something like a Pixel to run their private life and have all their real email on that device. The same goes for banking apps, crypto, private social media, etc etc etc.
We all know how long it will take to setup a new device to your liking. All your apps, icon placement, passwords, documents, galleries, etc etc. This can take upto days before it's just like you want it.
Do you honestly think these reviewers will go through that every other week with a new device ?
Not to mention that some devices could be compromised so a big Youtuber will never ever take that Risk.

This way they simply don't notice certain things as a big part of the lifting is done by this trusted device.
That's why NOBODY and i mean NOBODY (of the big reviewers) mentioned anything about Notification issues for instance. They also seemed to have a decent or average batterylife .. Again, you get that when you have a minimum of apps installed and you only use the camera basicly along with some benchmarks and generic apps.

Just like testriding a car from the dealership, pretty much everything will be fine, and only bigger things that you don't like will be noticed. It requires months of driving to really find the smaller things that could hamper your experience and simply require longer use. For example poor defrosting will not be noticed 50% of the time in countries that have an actual winter.
Just like somebody who doesn''t use Facebook won't care about batterydrain of that app as they are not using it, while to the other it matters.

Reactions: Nauju and wimbawaya

Dutch-Vivo

Mar 3, 2022
I'll probably purchase the Asus Rog6 despite the price, and keep the vivo for testing their software if it ever improves...
At least until the next gen will come out, and we'll see if Samsung can actually make a phone that won't eat itself in terms of battery drain, or Xiaomi will nail it with the 13 series.
We will have to see.
It's funny to see people all hailing Huawei but they seem to forget that Huawei also made weird decisions.
Their flagships became crazy expensive, they dared to release them with a single speaker for a long time.
Even the big storage versions came out with just 8GB and let's not forrget the beautifull waterfall edges that proved to be a pain in regular use.
It wasn't all Hunky Dory with Huawei neither.

But it's a surething that they did influence the other and would keep them on their toes. I also wish they would still participate and prevent the others from snoozing.

Derpling

May 10, 2015
Huawei Mate 40 Pro
Vivo X80 Pro
We will have to see.
It's funny to see people all hailing Huawei but they seem to forget that Huawei also made weird decisions.
Their flagships became crazy expensive, they dared to release them with a single speaker for a long time.
Even the big storage versions came out with just 8GB and let's not forrget the beautifull waterfall edges that proved to be a pain in regular use.
It wasn't all Hunky Dory with Huawei neither.

But it's a surething that they did influence the other and would keep them on their toes. I also wish they would still participate and prevent the others from snoozing.

Huawei wasn't perfect for sure but still they made the best phone that had almost all, the Mate 20 X 4G.

It's hard to find a true replacement for that, the ROG comes close minus the camera system, and the Zenphone is just too small.

wimbawaya

Jun 20, 2016
AND Xiaomi will actually sell their 13 series globally...

Dutch-Vivo

Mar 3, 2022
AND Xiaomi will actually sell their 13 series globally...
Sure, but 13 series doesn't mean every single device.
Right now they sell several 12 series devices but the ones we want they don't sell.
The Mi 10 ultra wasn't global, the 11 ultra wasn't sold globally in all regions and the 12Sultra suffers the same fate.
Also Global versions are often limited in color versions and they usually don't offer the big storage variant, just like now the Find X5 pro, 12 series Xiaomi, Vivo X80, and the OnePlus 10 Pro ALL come with a max of 256GB ...... While they are all sold in china in 512GB variants aswell.

I have to give it to Apple, they ALWAYS sell all their colors, all variants and storage versions anywhere and they can be bought right after release. Sometimes a color is added after a period of time but your not limited in some regions like with all the Chinese brands.

Dutch-Vivo

Mar 3, 2022
I just hope SD8Gen2 will be MUCH better than 1+ or Gen1.
I can answer that for you, it won't be. Won't be much better. Sure, it will be faster and a bit more efficient eventhough the latter probably won't really be noticed by a big margin.
How do i know this ?? Simple logic ...
Just look back the past 5 years and see how the SD's have evolved, you can't expect them to make a huge leap, especially not with the current and previous 2 generations have suffered more and more from heat which wasn't an issue 3-4+ years ago.
It's just wishfull thinking and naive to think they will find a magic solution and make a huge leap. Also, they like to 'milk' tech in a slow pace to make the most $$$ out of it.

So yeah, don't expect too much. The jumps are just incremental and in daily use not always noticeable.
I personally think people care about features, things that DO improve daily operation.
Just like extreme long battery usage, great speakers, comfortable design, out of the box fast charging, and most importantly GREAT software.
This year it's very evident that Android has been suffering with the latter.

Derpling

May 10, 2015
Huawei Mate 40 Pro
Vivo X80 Pro
I can answer that for you, it won't be. Won't be much better. Sure, it will be faster and a bit more efficient eventhough the latter probably won't really be noticed by a big margin.
How do i know this ?? Simple logic ...
Just look back the past 5 years and see how the SD's have evolved, you can't expect them to make a huge leap, especially not with the current and previous 2 generations have suffered more and more from heat which wasn't an issue 3-4+ years ago.
It's just wishfull thinking and naive to think they will find a magic solution and make a huge leap. Also, they like to 'milk' tech in a slow pace to make the most $$$ out of it.

So yeah, don't expect too much. The jumps are just incremental and in daily use not always noticeable.
I personally think people care about features, things that DO improve daily operation.
Just like extreme long battery usage, great speakers, comfortable design, out of the box fast charging, and most importantly GREAT software.
This year it's very evident that Android has been suffering with the latter.

Yeah, SD really lacks power efficiency, no wonder why Kirin were always great( at least from 960).

That's why big battery with the right cooling is so mandatory these days, shame that most of the games and apps works the best only with SD.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Are you using Origin OS? Could you post a screenshot of your settings if it wouldn't be too much a hassle? I have Funtouch OS 12 and there's no option to choose the refresh rate for each app and if you set it globally to 120 Hz, it drops to 60 Hz or less in most apps and even at 60 Hz the display feels slower and laggier than older phones.
    Of course. Here they are. Yes I have a Chinese model on Origin OS. The 60Hz isn't laggy, on mine at least.
    yeah, that's my experience as well
    really happy with phone, W10 variant
    120Hz works anywhere I want too (as you can see in youtube)
    seems like OriginOS is better optimized than Funtouch
    Have you notice poor graphic quality in android auto connected to a car? I have check today 3 phones (X80Pro, s21 ultra, zenfone 8) on 3 cars (ford Kuga, ford fiesta, vw arteon) and only on vivo i have graphic glitches (it looks like artifacts in JPG with very high compresion) and low resolution. I tried also developer settings in AA and force highest resolution but it doesnt help. I have also cleared all AA data in phone and nothing change. Can you check how it looks in your cars and compare to other (than x80 pro) phones?
    This latest update seems pretty good
    I can confirm that.. right now I'm @37% battery left with 5h 23m sot.. could easily got 6 or maybe 7 hour.. just using my phone casually (browsing/tiktok/youtube)
    I also get 6-7h sot with android 13.
    New trial update:

Screenshot_20220726_154822.jpg

Why run at 60hz when you can at 120hz? it's one of the best features of any flagship phone.
    Other than that, sounds good.

I did a bit of test today, i put youtube on an 1440p video for an hour and half with poweramp playing in the background, lost 7% with wifi.

That's not bad at all.
    have you tried?? i am getting a 9-10 hours SOT if i don't use the camera and 6-7 if i use the camera

Unfortunately, it limits too many background services I rely on the get my notifications. It would be nice if it offered the option to choose which apps we want to remain active in this mode...
    First week with my X80 pro I'm still on vacation so cannot really compare battery life now to my typing usage.
    With ambient temperatures around 32-35°C, average 20-30 photos and 2 videos per day, poor wifi and 4g, I'm getting around 5 hrs SOT. Overnight drop is 3-4% with wifi and data off.