Question Experience any bugs on the Vivo X80 Pro? Let's share and help each other!

Search This thread

morpheus620

Mar 8, 2012
Cottbus
New Test Update online for Origin OS.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220820_162728.jpg
    Screenshot_20220820_162728.jpg
    234.2 KB · Views: 72

teckel_fou

Aug 21, 2022
The fingerprint scanner has disappeared from my phone, it is no longer present in the security options. I did a factory reset but that didn't change anything. I tried an update from fastboot and now I'm in version PD2185BF_EX_A_12.012.7.W30.V000L1 no change.
Please help me...

Music&Art

Dec 14, 2015
Happy to report that this update has fixed the 'dark mode' notifications issue for me. Previously, I could not receive notifications for various messenger apps while in dark mode, now they are coming through just fine.
Same here, I was very happy about that fix. That was my biggest concern. I have the Origin OS, Chinese version. The update was a system one, not a test one for me.

X80P_Neon

Aug 22, 2022
Hi Guys

Sorry for my bad english.
Wondering do you guys facing problem on picture quality of X80 Pro.
I encounter some problem with X80 Pro with or without HDR.
Sample as below
portrait.jpg

From this photo obviously having problem when camera was trying to make the portrait more pop out.

Another sample for landscape
landscape.jpg

As you can see the HDR calculation was very terrible when you try to zoom and take photo.

I mainly bought this phone because of the photography ability.
TBH after having it +-2 months, quite disappointed with the phone.

ZarW

Jun 16, 2022
Happy to report that this update has fixed the 'dark mode' notifications issue for me. Previously, I could not receive notifications for various messenger apps while in dark mode, now they are coming through just fine.
I cannot confirm that. Using the dark mode notifications from Apps like Signal and Threema are definitely not working. Turning dark mode off they notification for both apps are working.

skcookie

Jan 5, 2011
Žilina
Vivo X80 Pro
Hello how disable maximum music volume limit?
I set the max. music volume, but it always drop to about 70%

It is possible to set the ringtone and notification tone to the same values after pressing the volume button?

Music&Art

Dec 14, 2015
Is there any way to uninstall a test update? I received a nice update where the battery was good with 6.5h of SOT and I saw they had a small test update to optimize battery during screen off time and I installed it now the battery dies quicker again. Anyone know how to revert back? I have the Origin OS version.

Last edited:

natamax99

Aug 25, 2022
Just bought device, global version with funtouch. Set 120hz in settings, but have only 60hz in YouTube. All other apps are running in 120hz. Any way to fix this issue? Thx

Washo4evr

Sep 11, 2012
youtube seems to only run at 60Hz on the x80 pro, no matter what setting you pick.
But I'm curious... are there any videos on youtube running at 120Hz?

ZarW

Jun 16, 2022
Origin OS - Chinese version - double tap power on button

Just noticed that a double tap on the power on button opens a Chinese menu - is there anyone who knows how to turn this off?

ZarW

Jun 16, 2022
I also have OriginOS and don't have it. When I double press nothing happens.
Maybe it's because I deleted a lot of apps.
I did as well. Very strange, maybe I forgot the right one (my guess after checking the screenshot: vivo wallet).

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220827_235334.jpg
    Screenshot_20220827_235334.jpg
    208.8 KB · Views: 18
  • Screenshot_20220827_235343.jpg
    Screenshot_20220827_235343.jpg
    504.8 KB · Views: 18

valiiii4

Aug 22, 2022
Please tell me there is a way to force 120 hertz..Please!!
I wish there were, I can't believe I haven't seen it mentioned in any review, there's no way this didn't bother people. It feels like an old or cheap phone when everything slows it down to 60 Hz where it becomes laggy. I'm hoping people will come up with a fix or that Vivo themselves fix it through updates.

Narendra_B

Oct 19, 2013
I wish there were, I can't believe I haven't seen it mentioned in any review, there's no way this didn't bother people. It feels like an old or cheap phone when everything slows it down to 60 Hz where it becomes laggy. I'm hoping people will come up with a fix or that Vivo themselves fix it through updates.
Is there anyway we can raise it to Vivo ? If more people bring it to their attention they probably will.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I tried it but it tells me there is no downgradable system version.

Update: Not sure how this happened but after I had finally given up and multiple tries flashing different firmwares, I was restoring everything and tried one last time to flash the patched boot.img and this time it worked. No idea why or how this all happened and why it worked now and not before. The device still doesn't show up when I type fastboot devices. But when I went into bootloader I did it from the adb shell command instead of just adb. But none the less thank you for the help.
    New trial update:

Screenshot_20220726_154822.jpg
    The phone would sometimes open the lock screen as if I touched it without actually touching it, waking the phone and canceling the deep sleep mode.

There are some annoying lags when switching between apps at times, it's probably due to bad LTPO3 implantation.

Battery is really the biggest issue here, it sometimes last 4.5hr before going to 25% battery, sometimes 5hr, it's very not consist despite that I use the phone the same way.
    Same bugs here. Overall, the UI feels like a rushed and unpolished effort. A good example is the duplicate power management options. If you go to an app's app info >> menu >> battery and choose "unrestricted", what you set there doesn't change the settings for that app in Settings >> Battery >> Background power consumption management. Which one applies?

Overall, the implementation is whack. For Facebook, I have background power usage restricted in both menus, yet last night, it took place number 4 in background battery usage, responsible for 4.5% of the phone's battery drain overnight. On the other side of the spectrum, there are certain apps that the system closes way too aggressively: if you switch to another app for 30" and go back, it's put it to sleep and when it reopens, you're back to the home screen, not the specific page/tab you were on. Sometimes this is extremely annoying.

There are apps that I don't use often, that would cause considerable background battery usage if left unchecked, so I have to keep them "restricted" (in both settings menus), then switch to "unrestricted" (in both places, which makes it doubly annoying) when I'm going to use them so they aren't killed by the system when I switch apps to quickly reply to a message, for example.

Or my banking app: It uses a lot of background CPU if left unchecked, . so I'd like to restrict it, but that kills all notifications (for transactions, which are important). I've tried "Smart control" but it seems like it switches between all or nothing: sometimes the system lets it do as it pleases, and it uses a ton of battery in the background, other times it completely kills it and I don't receive notifications at all. Not sure what kind of algorithms "Smart control" uses, but they aren't very smart...

Overall battery drain continues the same here. The max. I ever get, like you, is 4.5-5h SoT, and background battery drain is awful. Last night it dropped from 80% to 67% in flight mode and with battery saver on. Android system + Kernel amounted for 47% of all battery drain. 🤦‍♂️

Another small thing: Am I the only one who finds it annoying that in notifications, all app icons are all the same color (system accent color), instead of the colour the app's icon would usually be?

So far the X80 Pro is a great phone with big potential but buggy software and poor battery life, have to say i'm considering the ROG6 phone due to the battery mainly.

For me, it's a FANTASTIC camera and a very mediocre phone. Great specs, yes, but as a daily driver, not up to the task. Bad battery life, a CPU that might shine in intensive applications but is very power-hungry, an unpolished UI that's laggy (defeating the purpose of such a powerful CPU), unpolished and feels dated, bugs-galore...

Personally, I would not recommend this phone, especially at this price-point, and I won't be buying a Vivo again.

Now that Samsung's confirmed that the S23 series will be shipping with SD globally, and Qualcomm has confirmed that all their chips will be manufactured by TSMC (and no longer by Samsung), I think I might try my luck the the S23 Ultra come February. I've been staying clear of Samsung for years because of the terrible Exynos chips, but with these news, and after having experienced Funtouch OS and what a truly unpolished OS looks like, I think I'll switch. Maybe their camera still won't beat the X80Pro's, but to me a phone needs to be the whole package, and this phone falls short in way too many aspects. Ah, I wish the Huawei ban would come to an end... 😭

Another lesson learned: This is the last time I give reviews any credibility (neither Youtubers nor sites like GSM Arena, Tech Advisor, PC Mag, etc.). And if I do check out any reviews, I think it's important to focus on what they don't say, or what they only hint at subtly, and remember that reality is going to be a magnified version of that. "Average battery life" means "terrible battery life" and "a few slightly annoying bugs" means "a UI that makes you want to throw the phone out the window" 🤣
    Why run at 60hz when you can at 120hz? it's one of the best features of any flagship phone.
    Other than that, sounds good.

I did a bit of test today, i put youtube on an 1440p video for an hour and half with poweramp playing in the background, lost 7% with wifi.

That's not bad at all.
    have you tried?? i am getting a 9-10 hours SOT if i don't use the camera and 6-7 if i use the camera

Unfortunately, it limits too many background services I rely on the get my notifications. It would be nice if it offered the option to choose which apps we want to remain active in this mode...
    First week with my X80 pro I'm still on vacation so cannot really compare battery life now to my typing usage.
    With ambient temperatures around 32-35°C, average 20-30 photos and 2 videos per day, poor wifi and 4g, I'm getting around 5 hrs SOT. Overnight drop is 3-4% with wifi and data off.