Question Experience any bugs on the Vivo X80 Pro? Let's share and help each other!

Search This thread

morpheus620

Mar 8, 2012
Cottbus
Today there was a test update for OriginOS. After the update I have a battery drain. Android system, AndroidOS and system update app are using unusually much battery.
And the Vivo no longer really goes into deep sleep. I can't tell which app it is either.

waldoud

May 30, 2016
hello everyone, I wanted to know how they are if average consumption of Google services consumes me 12 to 15% and I think it is not normal

primus66

Aug 15, 2022
Noticed some other weird bugs:

The phone would sometimes open the lock screen as if I touched it without actually touching it, waking the phone and canceling the deep sleep mode.

There are some annoying lags when switching between apps at times, it's probably due to bad LTPO3 implantation.

Battery is really the biggest issue here, it sometimes last 4.5hr before going to 25% battery, sometimes 5hr, it's very not consist despite that I use the phone the same way.

Sometimes when listening to music, specially via Bluetooth, and I open the phone, I noticed there is a one-second hitch and as a result the sound cutoff for a second, and it returns, it can be very annoying.

Last but not least.... How there are NO battery preserve health options here? Charge to 80? Shorten the charge cycle? Every phone has it, but not the Vivo.

So far the X80 Pro is a great phone with big potential but buggy software and poor battery life, have to say i'm considering the ROG6 phone due to the battery mainly.
Thanks for sharing this and I couldn't agree more with you. I have the screen on bug and it's becoming so aggravating to use. The worst part is that music playback also crackles when this happens. I regret switching over to Vivo and this is probably my last phone from the company.

Derpling

May 10, 2015
Huawei Mate 40 Pro
Vivo X80 Pro
Thanks for sharing this and I couldn't agree more with you. I have the screen on bug and it's becoming so aggravating to use. The worst part is that music playback also crackles when this happens. I regret switching over to Vivo and this is probably my last phone from the company.
I feel your pain and tbh i bought the ROG6 and man that makes the VIVO look very bad.
Outside the camera, the Vivo x80 pro is an awful phone.

Maybe a positive update from my side.
I own the Vivo X80 Pro with Funtouch OS since the 11th of August.
I can get a full day of battery out of it (just).
And ALL notifications come in everytime.

Notifications is fixed by allowing the app to run all the time in the battery management, AND, locking the app in the task-manager.
In the battery usage I see that vivo services uses a LOT!! of battery, about 25%.

A heavy usage day looks like this in gsam pro:
started with 100% and when I went to bed I had 10% left.
that is 14u en 43min time between charges.
Phone was active for 11u and 30m.
Screen was on for 7u and 53m.

Not to bad, altough my P30 Pro of 3,5yo still does better.
I think dat fixing the batterydrain of the Vivo service would greatly improve the running time.

Derpling

May 10, 2015
Huawei Mate 40 Pro
Vivo X80 Pro
Maybe a positive update from my side.
I own the Vivo X80 Pro with Funtouch OS since the 11th of August.
I can get a full day of battery out of it (just).
And ALL notifications come in everytime.

Notifications is fixed by allowing the app to run all the time in the battery management, AND, locking the app in the task-manager.
In the battery usage I see that vivo services uses a LOT!! of battery, about 25%.

A heavy usage day looks like this in gsam pro:
started with 100% and when I went to bed I had 10% left.
that is 14u en 43min time between charges.
Phone was active for 11u and 30m.
Screen was on for 7u and 53m.

Not to bad, altough my P30 Pro of 3,5yo still does better.
I think dat fixing the batterydrain of the Vivo service would greatly improve the running time.

Vivo services constantly comes on top of the usage.

Without sim however, the standby time is awesome.

primus66

Aug 15, 2022
I feel your pain and tbh i bought the ROG6 and man that makes the VIVO look very bad.
Outside the camera, the Vivo x80 pro is an awful phone.
Well, that makes me feel even worse haha But in some ways I'm glad other people have this issue. I was thinking I got a faulty unit. Oh well, no more Vivo for me I guess.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    New trial update:

Screenshot_20220726_154822.jpg
    The phone would sometimes open the lock screen as if I touched it without actually touching it, waking the phone and canceling the deep sleep mode.

There are some annoying lags when switching between apps at times, it's probably due to bad LTPO3 implantation.

Battery is really the biggest issue here, it sometimes last 4.5hr before going to 25% battery, sometimes 5hr, it's very not consist despite that I use the phone the same way.
    Same bugs here. Overall, the UI feels like a rushed and unpolished effort. A good example is the duplicate power management options. If you go to an app's app info >> menu >> battery and choose "unrestricted", what you set there doesn't change the settings for that app in Settings >> Battery >> Background power consumption management. Which one applies?

Overall, the implementation is whack. For Facebook, I have background power usage restricted in both menus, yet last night, it took place number 4 in background battery usage, responsible for 4.5% of the phone's battery drain overnight. On the other side of the spectrum, there are certain apps that the system closes way too aggressively: if you switch to another app for 30" and go back, it's put it to sleep and when it reopens, you're back to the home screen, not the specific page/tab you were on. Sometimes this is extremely annoying.

There are apps that I don't use often, that would cause considerable background battery usage if left unchecked, so I have to keep them "restricted" (in both settings menus), then switch to "unrestricted" (in both places, which makes it doubly annoying) when I'm going to use them so they aren't killed by the system when I switch apps to quickly reply to a message, for example.

Or my banking app: It uses a lot of background CPU if left unchecked, . so I'd like to restrict it, but that kills all notifications (for transactions, which are important). I've tried "Smart control" but it seems like it switches between all or nothing: sometimes the system lets it do as it pleases, and it uses a ton of battery in the background, other times it completely kills it and I don't receive notifications at all. Not sure what kind of algorithms "Smart control" uses, but they aren't very smart...

Overall battery drain continues the same here. The max. I ever get, like you, is 4.5-5h SoT, and background battery drain is awful. Last night it dropped from 80% to 67% in flight mode and with battery saver on. Android system + Kernel amounted for 47% of all battery drain. 🤦‍♂️

Another small thing: Am I the only one who finds it annoying that in notifications, all app icons are all the same color (system accent color), instead of the colour the app's icon would usually be?

So far the X80 Pro is a great phone with big potential but buggy software and poor battery life, have to say i'm considering the ROG6 phone due to the battery mainly.

For me, it's a FANTASTIC camera and a very mediocre phone. Great specs, yes, but as a daily driver, not up to the task. Bad battery life, a CPU that might shine in intensive applications but is very power-hungry, an unpolished UI that's laggy (defeating the purpose of such a powerful CPU), unpolished and feels dated, bugs-galore...

Personally, I would not recommend this phone, especially at this price-point, and I won't be buying a Vivo again.

Now that Samsung's confirmed that the S23 series will be shipping with SD globally, and Qualcomm has confirmed that all their chips will be manufactured by TSMC (and no longer by Samsung), I think I might try my luck the the S23 Ultra come February. I've been staying clear of Samsung for years because of the terrible Exynos chips, but with these news, and after having experienced Funtouch OS and what a truly unpolished OS looks like, I think I'll switch. Maybe their camera still won't beat the X80Pro's, but to me a phone needs to be the whole package, and this phone falls short in way too many aspects. Ah, I wish the Huawei ban would come to an end... 😭

Another lesson learned: This is the last time I give reviews any credibility (neither Youtubers nor sites like GSM Arena, Tech Advisor, PC Mag, etc.). And if I do check out any reviews, I think it's important to focus on what they don't say, or what they only hint at subtly, and remember that reality is going to be a magnified version of that. "Average battery life" means "terrible battery life" and "a few slightly annoying bugs" means "a UI that makes you want to throw the phone out the window" 🤣
    Why run at 60hz when you can at 120hz? it's one of the best features of any flagship phone.
    Other than that, sounds good.

I did a bit of test today, i put youtube on an 1440p video for an hour and half with poweramp playing in the background, lost 7% with wifi.

That's not bad at all.
    have you tried?? i am getting a 9-10 hours SOT if i don't use the camera and 6-7 if i use the camera

Unfortunately, it limits too many background services I rely on the get my notifications. It would be nice if it offered the option to choose which apps we want to remain active in this mode...
    First week with my X80 pro I'm still on vacation so cannot really compare battery life now to my typing usage.
    With ambient temperatures around 32-35°C, average 20-30 photos and 2 videos per day, poor wifi and 4g, I'm getting around 5 hrs SOT. Overnight drop is 3-4% with wifi and data off.