Question Experience any bugs on the Vivo X80 Pro? Let's share and help each other!

Search This thread

BLINK777

Apr 26, 2020
Vivo X80 Pro
Okay, Funtouch 13 has arrived.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220919_193950.jpg
    Screenshot_20220919_193950.jpg
    196.2 KB · Views: 71

BLINK777

Apr 26, 2020
Vivo X80 Pro
Are you using EU version of the phone? If so, did you apply for beta version?
Okay, Funtouch 13 has arrived.
I must say this is a lost opportunity. Coming from a pixel, I was eagerly waiting for A13 system wide implementation. The noticeable difference is Just on the UI Color picker and we'll get the new media control card on the notification panel. Its similar to the one which pixel/nothing has for A13. The notification panel remains the same. I must say that scrolling and general swiping everything feels smooth as butter. Remember that previously there was this occasional stutter and hick ups. Well that is gone. This feels like a OP phone now. And yes, the app drawer now supports dark mode and there is a new cooling feature inside imanager. It shows its cooling actively not sure of the mechanism inside since there is no cooling fan.🙂

Attachments

• Screenrecording_20220920_020248~4.mp4
    654.8 KB · Views: 0

qualin

Mar 9, 2008
Gdansk
EU version also is getting android 13. Not to many changes :/ but it looks that system is more smooth and faster responding.
Unfortunately android auto still looks like a ****.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2022_0920_150834.jpg
    Screenshot_2022_0920_150834.jpg
    307.9 KB · Views: 50
  • Screenshot_2022_0920_155731.jpg
    Screenshot_2022_0920_155731.jpg
    359 KB · Views: 51
  • IMG_20220919_143646.jpg
    IMG_20220919_143646.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 52

BLINK777

Apr 26, 2020
Vivo X80 Pro
This seems like a stable update to me. There are zero bug encounters. Got the September patch literally one week ago and then this. But i must say this phone is now as smooth as an OP phone. The LTPO3 stuttering issue has been sorted. 🙌

qualin

Mar 9, 2008
Gdansk
Yes on Android 13 is very smooth and more responsive but why they still stick to android 11 notifications bar?

matushsvk

Sep 1, 2020
Slovakia
Yes on Android 13 is very smooth and more responsive but why they still stick to android 11 notifications bar?
Yeah, I don't understand Vivo's logic as new control center is avaliable in Origin OS but not Funtouch. Control Center is so outdated and any 3rd party apps are just not doing the trick. Not sure if they'll change it in the future.

Music&Art

Dec 14, 2015
I was having trouble with my Play Store not working due to unlocking my bootloader since it breaks your SafetyNet and makes your device not certified in the PlayStore. I never had this issue on any older rooted phone I had previously. I reset my phone and it would work a few days then it would stop. Everything that required Google Play Services was also affected. After a lot of research I finally came across this video that fixed my issue. I am leaving it here in case anyone else needs help with this issue.

Last edited:

waldoud

May 30, 2016
Well here waiting for A13 to see if it fixes so much disaster especially background applications and so much lag with its stock launcher

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    New trial update:

Screenshot_20220726_154822.jpg
    The phone would sometimes open the lock screen as if I touched it without actually touching it, waking the phone and canceling the deep sleep mode.

There are some annoying lags when switching between apps at times, it's probably due to bad LTPO3 implantation.

Battery is really the biggest issue here, it sometimes last 4.5hr before going to 25% battery, sometimes 5hr, it's very not consist despite that I use the phone the same way.
    Same bugs here. Overall, the UI feels like a rushed and unpolished effort. A good example is the duplicate power management options. If you go to an app's app info >> menu >> battery and choose "unrestricted", what you set there doesn't change the settings for that app in Settings >> Battery >> Background power consumption management. Which one applies?

Overall, the implementation is whack. For Facebook, I have background power usage restricted in both menus, yet last night, it took place number 4 in background battery usage, responsible for 4.5% of the phone's battery drain overnight. On the other side of the spectrum, there are certain apps that the system closes way too aggressively: if you switch to another app for 30" and go back, it's put it to sleep and when it reopens, you're back to the home screen, not the specific page/tab you were on. Sometimes this is extremely annoying.

There are apps that I don't use often, that would cause considerable background battery usage if left unchecked, so I have to keep them "restricted" (in both settings menus), then switch to "unrestricted" (in both places, which makes it doubly annoying) when I'm going to use them so they aren't killed by the system when I switch apps to quickly reply to a message, for example.

Or my banking app: It uses a lot of background CPU if left unchecked, . so I'd like to restrict it, but that kills all notifications (for transactions, which are important). I've tried "Smart control" but it seems like it switches between all or nothing: sometimes the system lets it do as it pleases, and it uses a ton of battery in the background, other times it completely kills it and I don't receive notifications at all. Not sure what kind of algorithms "Smart control" uses, but they aren't very smart...

Overall battery drain continues the same here. The max. I ever get, like you, is 4.5-5h SoT, and background battery drain is awful. Last night it dropped from 80% to 67% in flight mode and with battery saver on. Android system + Kernel amounted for 47% of all battery drain. 🤦‍♂️

Another small thing: Am I the only one who finds it annoying that in notifications, all app icons are all the same color (system accent color), instead of the colour the app's icon would usually be?

So far the X80 Pro is a great phone with big potential but buggy software and poor battery life, have to say i'm considering the ROG6 phone due to the battery mainly.

For me, it's a FANTASTIC camera and a very mediocre phone. Great specs, yes, but as a daily driver, not up to the task. Bad battery life, a CPU that might shine in intensive applications but is very power-hungry, an unpolished UI that's laggy (defeating the purpose of such a powerful CPU), unpolished and feels dated, bugs-galore...

Personally, I would not recommend this phone, especially at this price-point, and I won't be buying a Vivo again.

Now that Samsung's confirmed that the S23 series will be shipping with SD globally, and Qualcomm has confirmed that all their chips will be manufactured by TSMC (and no longer by Samsung), I think I might try my luck the the S23 Ultra come February. I've been staying clear of Samsung for years because of the terrible Exynos chips, but with these news, and after having experienced Funtouch OS and what a truly unpolished OS looks like, I think I'll switch. Maybe their camera still won't beat the X80Pro's, but to me a phone needs to be the whole package, and this phone falls short in way too many aspects. Ah, I wish the Huawei ban would come to an end... 😭

Another lesson learned: This is the last time I give reviews any credibility (neither Youtubers nor sites like GSM Arena, Tech Advisor, PC Mag, etc.). And if I do check out any reviews, I think it's important to focus on what they don't say, or what they only hint at subtly, and remember that reality is going to be a magnified version of that. "Average battery life" means "terrible battery life" and "a few slightly annoying bugs" means "a UI that makes you want to throw the phone out the window" 🤣
    Why run at 60hz when you can at 120hz? it's one of the best features of any flagship phone.
    Other than that, sounds good.

I did a bit of test today, i put youtube on an 1440p video for an hour and half with poweramp playing in the background, lost 7% with wifi.

That's not bad at all.
    have you tried?? i am getting a 9-10 hours SOT if i don't use the camera and 6-7 if i use the camera

Unfortunately, it limits too many background services I rely on the get my notifications. It would be nice if it offered the option to choose which apps we want to remain active in this mode...
    First week with my X80 pro I'm still on vacation so cannot really compare battery life now to my typing usage.
    With ambient temperatures around 32-35°C, average 20-30 photos and 2 videos per day, poor wifi and 4g, I'm getting around 5 hrs SOT. Overnight drop is 3-4% with wifi and data off.