Question Experience any bugs on the Vivo X80 Pro? Let's share and help each other!

Search This thread

admops

May 27, 2014
Many of the users were saying they were having heating issues in outdoors. I play COD everyday probably more than half an hour or so. Although, its not that much of a gpu/cpu intensive game. I can say that the phone remained cool throughout.

Bugs i have noticed:

*Ringer profiles doesn't work properly sometimes. (Makes notification sounds even in silent mode)
*Vibrate while other partie takes call and drops does not work anymore. 🥲

Are you facing the same?
Well I rarely use my phone on direct sunlight or ringer profile so I can't answer that, but 1 bug did occured to me.. I'm using nova as my launcher instead vivo (and set nova as default home), sometimes after login with fingerprint suddenly changed again to vivo launcher.. but now its seems gone after the beta update..

BLINK777

Apr 26, 2020
Vivo X80 Pro
Well I rarely use my phone on direct sunlight or ringer profile so I can't answer that, but 1 bug did occured to me.. I'm using nova as my launcher instead vivo (and set nova as default home), sometimes after login with fingerprint suddenly changed again to vivo launcher.. but now its seems gone after the beta update..
I see. Also, i must say previously all the problems associated with calls/connectivity in A12 has been addressed with this update.

jltrbb

Sep 28, 2022
Hi, I'm new to the forum, I have an X80Pro bought in Spain with a Snapdragon processor. The first days I started with doubts about the terminal, for two reasons, the notifications and the battery.
The notifications did not arrive at the time, for example if they sent me a whatsapp message, it was delayed about 20 minutes, but if they sent me two in a row, it arrived fine. Gmail and Twitter didn't notify me either, but since yesterday, without making any major adjustments, it seems that the phone is more stable and the notifications arrive on time.
I had a problem with the battery issue, applications such as amazon video and purchases consumed a lot despite not opening them for two days, I have restricted those two applications and it has not happened to me again. The only thing that is still wrong is the consumption at rest, the first days it was above 10%, these last three days it is 6 or 7%, it has improved somewhat. What has improved are the screen hours,
My first three days with the mobile gave me about 4:30 hours of screen time, but it seems that it has stabilized these two days and is giving me a little more than 6 hours, it lasts me a day and a half without charging.
Initially, I was hesitant to trade it for the Galaxy S22 Ultra, but now that it seems more stable, I really like it.

Screenshot_2022_0928_191200.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: AKh4133D

BLINK777

Apr 26, 2020
Vivo X80 Pro
Hi, I'm new to the forum, I have an X80Pro bought in Spain with a Snapdragon processor. The first days I started with doubts about the terminal, for two reasons, the notifications and the battery.
The notifications did not arrive at the time, for example if they sent me a whatsapp message, it was delayed about 20 minutes, but if they sent me two in a row, it arrived fine. Gmail and Twitter didn't notify me either, but since yesterday, without making any major adjustments, it seems that the phone is more stable and the notifications arrive on time.
I had a problem with the battery issue, applications such as amazon video and purchases consumed a lot despite not opening them for two days, I have restricted those two applications and it has not happened to me again. The only thing that is still wrong is the consumption at rest, the first days it was above 10%, these last three days it is 6 or 7%, it has improved somewhat. What has improved are the screen hours,
My first three days with the mobile gave me about 4:30 hours of screen time, but it seems that it has stabilized these two days and is giving me a little more than 6 hours, it lasts me a day and a half without charging.
Initially, I was hesitant to trade it for the Galaxy S22 Ultra, but now that it seems more stable, I really like it.

View attachment 5722357
S22 ultra is nothing compared to x80 pro tbh. You made the correct choice. Am getting good battery life as well.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220927_191657.jpg
    Screenshot_20220927_191657.jpg
    237.6 KB · Views: 59
Reactions: jltrbb

qualin

Mar 9, 2008
Gdansk
My friend contacted Vivo and ask about android 13 update. They told him that only small amount of phones were updated. These are for testing if that software is good enough to rollout it to everybody. It sounds like beta testing without beta channel activated xD

BLINK777

Apr 26, 2020
Vivo X80 Pro
My friend contacted Vivo and ask about android 13 update. They told him that only small amount of phones were updated. These are for testing if that software is good enough to rollout it to everybody. It sounds like beta testing without beta channel activated
Well that doesn't sound good isn't it, Hope it runs smooth until stable one comes out. 🥲

Last edited:

jltrbb

Sep 28, 2022
I update the battery situation and consumption at rest.
The mobile is another after these two weeks, the consumption at rest has remained at 3% during the night, and in addition, I am doing these last two days these hours of screen.

Screenshot_20221002_204040.jpg

jltrbb

Sep 28, 2022
Yesterday I got this error message while playing PUBG. It's strange, because I could play with complete peace of mind, but the message kept coming out. Today that message has not come out again.

Screenshot_20220930_032555_dac7cc7571c39b392df64923967cf7da.jpg

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    New trial update:

Screenshot_20220726_154822.jpg
    The phone would sometimes open the lock screen as if I touched it without actually touching it, waking the phone and canceling the deep sleep mode.

There are some annoying lags when switching between apps at times, it's probably due to bad LTPO3 implantation.

Battery is really the biggest issue here, it sometimes last 4.5hr before going to 25% battery, sometimes 5hr, it's very not consist despite that I use the phone the same way.
    Same bugs here. Overall, the UI feels like a rushed and unpolished effort. A good example is the duplicate power management options. If you go to an app's app info >> menu >> battery and choose "unrestricted", what you set there doesn't change the settings for that app in Settings >> Battery >> Background power consumption management. Which one applies?

Overall, the implementation is whack. For Facebook, I have background power usage restricted in both menus, yet last night, it took place number 4 in background battery usage, responsible for 4.5% of the phone's battery drain overnight. On the other side of the spectrum, there are certain apps that the system closes way too aggressively: if you switch to another app for 30" and go back, it's put it to sleep and when it reopens, you're back to the home screen, not the specific page/tab you were on. Sometimes this is extremely annoying.

There are apps that I don't use often, that would cause considerable background battery usage if left unchecked, so I have to keep them "restricted" (in both settings menus), then switch to "unrestricted" (in both places, which makes it doubly annoying) when I'm going to use them so they aren't killed by the system when I switch apps to quickly reply to a message, for example.

Or my banking app: It uses a lot of background CPU if left unchecked, . so I'd like to restrict it, but that kills all notifications (for transactions, which are important). I've tried "Smart control" but it seems like it switches between all or nothing: sometimes the system lets it do as it pleases, and it uses a ton of battery in the background, other times it completely kills it and I don't receive notifications at all. Not sure what kind of algorithms "Smart control" uses, but they aren't very smart...

Overall battery drain continues the same here. The max. I ever get, like you, is 4.5-5h SoT, and background battery drain is awful. Last night it dropped from 80% to 67% in flight mode and with battery saver on. Android system + Kernel amounted for 47% of all battery drain. 🤦‍♂️

Another small thing: Am I the only one who finds it annoying that in notifications, all app icons are all the same color (system accent color), instead of the colour the app's icon would usually be?

So far the X80 Pro is a great phone with big potential but buggy software and poor battery life, have to say i'm considering the ROG6 phone due to the battery mainly.

For me, it's a FANTASTIC camera and a very mediocre phone. Great specs, yes, but as a daily driver, not up to the task. Bad battery life, a CPU that might shine in intensive applications but is very power-hungry, an unpolished UI that's laggy (defeating the purpose of such a powerful CPU), unpolished and feels dated, bugs-galore...

Personally, I would not recommend this phone, especially at this price-point, and I won't be buying a Vivo again.

Now that Samsung's confirmed that the S23 series will be shipping with SD globally, and Qualcomm has confirmed that all their chips will be manufactured by TSMC (and no longer by Samsung), I think I might try my luck the the S23 Ultra come February. I've been staying clear of Samsung for years because of the terrible Exynos chips, but with these news, and after having experienced Funtouch OS and what a truly unpolished OS looks like, I think I'll switch. Maybe their camera still won't beat the X80Pro's, but to me a phone needs to be the whole package, and this phone falls short in way too many aspects. Ah, I wish the Huawei ban would come to an end... 😭

Another lesson learned: This is the last time I give reviews any credibility (neither Youtubers nor sites like GSM Arena, Tech Advisor, PC Mag, etc.). And if I do check out any reviews, I think it's important to focus on what they don't say, or what they only hint at subtly, and remember that reality is going to be a magnified version of that. "Average battery life" means "terrible battery life" and "a few slightly annoying bugs" means "a UI that makes you want to throw the phone out the window" 🤣
    Why run at 60hz when you can at 120hz? it's one of the best features of any flagship phone.
    Other than that, sounds good.

I did a bit of test today, i put youtube on an 1440p video for an hour and half with poweramp playing in the background, lost 7% with wifi.

That's not bad at all.
    have you tried?? i am getting a 9-10 hours SOT if i don't use the camera and 6-7 if i use the camera

Unfortunately, it limits too many background services I rely on the get my notifications. It would be nice if it offered the option to choose which apps we want to remain active in this mode...
    First week with my X80 pro I'm still on vacation so cannot really compare battery life now to my typing usage.
    With ambient temperatures around 32-35°C, average 20-30 photos and 2 videos per day, poor wifi and 4g, I'm getting around 5 hrs SOT. Overnight drop is 3-4% with wifi and data off.