• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[Experiment] SHRP 2.3.2 for the Tab S7+ 5G [Should work on T790]

Search This thread

NullCode

Good Morning/Afternoon/Evening/Night. I have compiled an experimental Sky Hawk Recovery Project for the Tab S7+ 5G by literally taking @ianmacd 's TWRP tree and modding it. I did this because TWRP looks a bit boring to me and I personally like SHRP. Also fun fact, I do not own this device but I just want to give back to the community I take and use everything from. Here you will find the download links and instructions:

But before that, here's a warning: I AM A NEWBIE and there is no denying that. So take and use whatever I say with a kilogram of salt. And please please correct me wherever I made a mistake because, you know, I've only started android development literally 2 months ago.

So here is the link: Mega
[Might not boot, might soft-brick your device, I honestly do not know what will happen. So have ODIN and ian's recovery image in tar form handy. Also this is for testing purposes, not "un"official release. And be sure to leave feedback if you tested this.]

Bugs will be the same as ianmacd's one (if it even works)
Installation is as easy as flashing the zip in your TWRP recovery [you should have encryption and all the scary things disabled by following ian's guide HERE

Advantages: I personally think it looks better than TWRP. Also I will add the flashlight feature after I see that the build boots up fine.
[The reason that I am trying to build for tablets first is because I have a problem with tablets. I've built SO MANY Tab S3 recoveries but none of them boot AT ALL. But the 2016 phone I had lying around booted up first try with my self-made device tree].

Mega thanks to,
@ianmacd (because I didn't have to waste a day making a device tree from scratch) [and because I am scared of encrypted devices]
and Ian's device tree: https://github.com/ianmacd/twrp_gts7xl

Stay safe and happy flashing!

Last edited:
Reactions: TiTiB

CVLover

Nov 2, 2013
Xiaomi Mi Mix
Huawei P20 Pro
has anybody tried this?

---------- Post added at 12:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:30 PM ----------

just flash. doesnt boot. goes straight to download mode and says,
partition vbmeta
Reason vbmeta: error verifiying vbmeta image: and a code here

elliwigy

Forum Moderator / Recognized Dev / Dev Relations
Staff member
XDA App Taskforce
has anybody tried this?

---------- Post added at 12:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:30 PM ----------

just flash. doesnt boot. goes straight to download mode and says,
partition vbmeta
Reason vbmeta: error verifiying vbmeta image: and a code here

cuz u havent properly disabled vbmeta.. as post right above urs says, follow twrp guide to the T or ull have problems

tin2404

I also tried and no success.Just to mention that I had properly disabled vbmeta and it seems problem is somewhere else.

Attachments

• 20211009_151456.jpg
    20211009_151456.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 20

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Good Morning/Afternoon/Evening/Night. I have compiled an experimental Sky Hawk Recovery Project for the Tab S7+ 5G by literally taking @ianmacd 's TWRP tree and modding it. I did this because TWRP looks a bit boring to me and I personally like SHRP. Also fun fact, I do not own this device but I just want to give back to the community I take and use everything from. Here you will find the download links and instructions:

But before that, here's a warning: I AM A NEWBIE and there is no denying that. So take and use whatever I say with a kilogram of salt. And please please correct me wherever I made a mistake because, you know, I've only started android development literally 2 months ago.

So here is the link: Mega
    [Might not boot, might soft-brick your device, I honestly do not know what will happen. So have ODIN and ian's recovery image in tar form handy. Also this is for testing purposes, not "un"official release. And be sure to leave feedback if you tested this.]

Bugs will be the same as ianmacd's one (if it even works)
    Installation is as easy as flashing the zip in your TWRP recovery [you should have encryption and all the scary things disabled by following ian's guide HERE

Advantages: I personally think it looks better than TWRP. Also I will add the flashlight feature after I see that the build boots up fine.
    [The reason that I am trying to build for tablets first is because I have a problem with tablets. I've built SO MANY Tab S3 recoveries but none of them boot AT ALL. But the 2016 phone I had lying around booted up first try with my self-made device tree].

Mega thanks to,
    @ianmacd (because I didn't have to waste a day making a device tree from scratch) [and because I am scared of encrypted devices]
    and Ian's device tree: https://github.com/ianmacd/twrp_gts7xl

Stay safe and happy flashing!