• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[EXPERIMENTAL][RECOVERY][3.4.0][cmi]Unofficial TWRP for Mi 10 / 10 Pro Unified

Search This thread

simonsmh

Dec 14, 2015
Team Win Recovery Project 3.x, or twrp3 for short, is a custom recovery built with ease of use and customization in mind. Its a fully touch driven user interface no more volume rocker or power buttons to mash. The GUI is also fully XML driven and completely theme-able. You can change just about every aspect of the look and feel.
Code:
#include <std_disclaimer.h>
/*
 * We are not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
 * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
 * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
 * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
 * you point the finger at us for messing up your device, we will laugh at you.
 */

Features:
- TWRP boots.
- Decryption is working.
- Vibration
- System, Vendor and Product partitions mount is working but you can't modify them.
- You can flash magisk, miui roms, kernels, firmwares, etc.

Not working:
- Partition formatting (upstream)
- ADB sideload (upstream)

Install guide:
To boot (Reccomended):
Code:
fastboot boot <twrp.img>
To install (NOT reccomended):
Code:
fastboot flash recovery <twrp.img>

Download:
Now build is checking "ro.boot.hwversion". If it is begined with "1" then use Mi 10 Pro cmi profile, otherwise it will use Mi 10 umi profile.
Please report ro.boot.hwversion if possible. You can get it from getprop command.
Mega Drive Link

Source code:
Device Tree
Recovery Source

@mauronofrio @bigbiff and more open source TWRP devs.

Mi 10 (umi) thread:
https://forum.xda-developers.com/xi...t/experimental-unofficial-twrp-mi-10-t4106381

Last edited:

simonsmh

Dec 14, 2015
yes, you can send me the tree and i am able to compile, dont say you based on instantnoodles

The instantnoodle maintainer helped me a lot on decryption.
The source is in the post. In case you need, here is part of the roomservice.
Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<manifest>
  <project path="build/make" name="simonsmh/android_build" remote="github" revision="android-10" >
    <copyfile src="core/root.mk" dest="Makefile" />
    <linkfile src="CleanSpec.mk" dest="build/CleanSpec.mk" />
    <linkfile src="buildspec.mk.default" dest="build/buildspec.mk.default" />
    <linkfile src="core" dest="build/core" />
    <linkfile src="envsetup.sh" dest="build/envsetup.sh" />
    <linkfile src="target" dest="build/target" />
    <linkfile src="tools" dest="build/tools" />
  </project>
  <project path="build/soong" name="AndroiableDroid/android_build_soong" remote="github" revision="ten" >
      <linkfile src="root.bp" dest="Android.bp" />
      <linkfile src="bootstrap.bash" dest="bootstrap.bash" />
  </project>
  <project path="system/core" name="simonsmh/android_system_core" remote="github" revision="android-10.0" />
  <project path="bootable/recovery" name="simonsmh/android_bootable_recovery" remote="github" revision="android-10.0" />
  <project path="device/xiaomi/umi" name="simonsmh/android_device_xiaomi_umi" remote="github" revision="android-10.0" />
</manifest>
Uncomment Thttps://github.com/simonsmh/android_device_xiaomi_umi/blob/android-10.0/init/Android.bp#L9 if you are on Mi 10 Pro.

Do you have Telegram account? You could find me there.

Last edited:

Swarai

Nov 4, 2013
Team Win Recovery Project 3.x, or twrp3 for short, is a custom recovery built with ease of use and customization in mind. Its a fully touch driven user interface no more volume rocker or power buttons to mash. The GUI is also fully XML driven and completely theme-able. You can change just about every aspect of the look and feel.
Code:
/*
 */

Features:
- TWRP boots.
- Decryption is working.
- System, Vendor and Product partitions mount is working but you can't modify them.

Not working:
Partition formatting (upstream)
f2fs (upstream)
Vibration

Install guide:
To boot (Reccomended):
Code:
fastboot boot <twrp.img>

Download:
Currently it's not unified. I provide two builds just for flashing rom with "ro.product.device" check, but they should be ok to boot either of them.
umi is for Mi 10.
cmi is for Mi 10 Pro.
Mega Drive Link

Source code:
Device Tree
Recovery Source

Mi 10 (umi) thread:
https://forum.xda-developers.com/xi...t/experimental-unofficial-twrp-mi-10-t4106381

Have you noticed any Wi-Fi problems?
Thanx

Reactions: jaganrana
Code:
<manifest>
  <project path="build/make" name="simonsmh/android_build" remote="github" revision="android-10" >
  </project>
  <project path="build/soong" name="AndroiableDroid/android_build_soong" remote="github" revision="ten" >
  </project>
  <project path="system/core" name="AndroiableDroid/android_system_core" remote="github" revision="android-10.0" />
  <project name="simonsmh/android_bootable_recovery" path="bootable/recovery" remote="github" revision="android-10.0" />
  <project path="device/xiaomi/umi" name="simonsmh/android_device_xiaomi_umi" remote="github" revision="android-10.0" />
</manifest>
Then define cmi instead of umi in https://github.com/simonsmh/android_device_xiaomi_umi/blob/android-10.0/init/init_umi.cpp if you are on Mi 10 Pro.

Please contact me on telegram asap, i can't pm people rn because i am blocked on telegram for doing that for some idk reasons. my tele is @TipzTeam

---------- Post added at 02:22 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:07 AM ----------

Tested and works!

nocturnoz

Feb 12, 2012
Do I have to flash it via ADB? I flashed your version with the closed source TWRP which is available. When I try to boot your TWRP I am forced into the fastboot mode

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Code:
    /*
     */

Features:
    - TWRP boots.
    - Decryption is working.
    - Vibration

Not working:
    - Partition formatting (upstream)
    - ADB sideload (upstream)

Install guide:
    To boot (Reccomended):
    Code:
    fastboot boot <twrp.img>
    To install (NOT reccomended):
    Code:
    fastboot flash recovery <twrp.img>

Download:
    Now build is checking "ro.boot.hwversion". If it is begined with "1" then use Mi 10 Pro cmi profile, otherwise it will use Mi 10 umi profile.
    Please report ro.boot.hwversion if possible. You can get it from getprop command.
    Mega Drive Link

Source code:
    Device Tree
    Recovery Source

Mi 10 (umi) thread:
    Hi guys, new build (rev. 2) has been uploaded. Tested fastboot flash recovery is working.
    The way to fix it is just appending recovery dtbo from official recovery. Source code has been updated.
    cc @nocturnoz
    Hi everyone.
    I think that is the point. There are far too many confusing manuals.
    But i think it's the confusing variants of TWRP, whith none of them working completely as desired. (Mount-problems e.g. system)

Try my video guide. If you follow it exactly (using LR. TEAM TWRP) it really should work flawlessly... I did it 3x
    I made the video after following several contradicting guides which led to bootloops.

https://youtu.be/uM1dBptUBd8
    yes, you can send me the tree and i am able to compile, dont say you based on instantnoodles

Code:
    <manifest>
      </project>
      </project>
      <project path="system/core" name="simonsmh/android_system_core" remote="github" revision="android-10.0" />
      <project path="bootable/recovery" name="simonsmh/android_bootable_recovery" remote="github" revision="android-10.0" />
    </manifest>
    Uncomment Thttps://github.com/simonsmh/android_device_xiaomi_umi/blob/android-10.0/init/Android.bp#L9 if you are on Mi 10 Pro.

Try this TWRP 3.4.2b 2020-06-23 cmi
    MOD EDIT: DOWNLOAD LINK REMOVED

23 June 22:50 from Weibo weibo.com
    2020.06.23 Update Custom 3.4.2b to optimize support for dynamic partitions
    Xiaomi 10pro's LR.Team custom version of twrp released, automatic decryption data (lock screen password), bring its own root system, multi-function restart, theoreticalsupport of the official complete card brush bag and other functions, to the need for oil, what bug words timely feedback.
    Before brushing the machine, please look carefully at the brush machine instructions!

The one you mentioned is closed source and could probably contain a rootkit or other malware. I would recommend the OPs TWRP.