MOTO TEST LEAK FOR APAC REGION - 2.2.1( NANDROID BACKUP )
On 26-11-2011, member ed213 informed us about a Moto test release received by a operator ( which one is not known ), presumably in Hongkong. It was not a sbf ,but they received their milestones updated to the latest release. He has provided us with a nandroid backup of his phone. The following is the kernal details from my phone after i flashed the nandroid.
Build date is Wed Jan 19 00:39:50 CST 2011.
All credits go to ed213 for the release information / nandroid backup.
- The nandroid had the vulnerable recovery flashed, so you can start using OR.
- Root and overclock works.
- Market autoupdates.
- Multilanguage support ( English, Dutch, Spanish, French, Italian, Portugese, Polish, Turkish, Chinese , German )
Original Stock without moto apps
- http://www.mediafire.com/?d84hkzdh99agsxx ( Balance memory available after installation - 158 MB )
- Check this post
- Check this post
Extract the contents of the downloaded zip file ( the nandroid folder ) to the nandroid/openrecovery folder of your sdcard and choose " restore all" in the nandroid menu of OR. Once the contents are extracted, the directory structure should look like this. If the nandroid/openrecovery folder does not exist in the sdcard, you will have to manually create them. Once copied the directory structure should look like this.
nandroid/openrecovery/nandroid/img files+md5 files
Then follow this post for detailed instructions.
Procedure to get apps2ext working
1. Install the nandroid of your choice ( not the one which has apps2ext already applied )
2. Reboot to recovery. Run AOR. In console type the following.
mkdir /system/sd ( note, there is a space between the command and the path ) cd /system ls
3. Apply the attached apps2ext zip file
5. Install busybox from market
6. Reboot to recovery. Wipe all. Reboot
7. Install your apps and check if apps2ext is working.
People who are comfortable using adb can follow this guide to get apps2ext working. This is also for people who are having problems with their sdcard after creating ext partition.
Overclocked to 900Mhz, Feels a little more smooth than the Vivo Release, battery life is very very good ( check here )The app lag that one felt in the Vivo release is still there, but a little less. Will keep all of you posted of any developments.
Tips, tricks, mods for better performance
- For better flash and video performance, try this. ( Thanks Luca )
- Overclocking ( check here ) ( procedure for overclock here ) . The new updated Milestone overclock available in market is reported as working, but i haven't tried it out ( does not work).
- For protected apps not showing in market, try this ( Thanks Kabaldan )
- Apps2ext is working. Check this link for the procedure to get it working.
Themers please look at this post for a solution to modding framework-res.
- Matrix theme, check this post.
- Honeycomb theme, V2 - here / V1 - this
- MotoArc theme, check this post.
- Gingerbread theme, check this post.
- Sensebread theme, check this post.
- Gingerbread Blue theme, check this post.
- Galaxy S theme, check this post.
For people finding it difficult to get the stock look back while retaining the reboot mod, please flash this file over your existing setup after wiping dalvik/cache using AOR.
Issues reported by users