• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[Expired] Moto Leak - O2 Germany {spf & nandroid available}

Search This thread

alijs

Jan 4, 2011
Amman
Hi All,

I'm using now latest leak - Asia Pacific. So I checked for the official update through Motorola Software update this evening, I noticesd that Operator changed from StarHub Singaphor "which I believe was due to the leak" to O2 Deutschland and a software check starts for the first time ever.

As you know last week Motorola Europe asked for 2 testers, so kindly Europe Users check more frequent using Software Update.

check the attachment.

Edit: After 30 minutes of checking for new software, it stated that there is no software update for my phone but I can restore it to the default status which I'm doing now.

Edit: ok, after 20 minutes restoring software, with several reboots & some stops in the bootloader, the phone starts again from the scratch with German language interface, lost my latest theme I was using.

lets see whats in:
- As I said, the phone starts with German (I think)
- back to the old launcher
- I noticed a new application called Xing, I never noticed that before & dont know if Silesh added that or not.
- kernal version: 2.6.32.9-gafbfc43
- Build number: SHOLS_U2_05.26.0
- Kernal & build number are the same the only change is in the Firmware configuration
- Lost root access (regain it after flashing VR.spf)
- If you remember on the screen lock, the rebons (unlock and/or sound on/off) when holding turned into red, this one don't

Edit: attached system menu

Edit: thanks to DummyPLUG - spf available in second post

Nandroid Backup

http://www.multiupload.com/208REFWJDW

Attachments

• CAP201102212347.jpg
    CAP201102212347.jpg
    49.2 KB · Views: 2,144
Last edited:
S

sileshnair

It is a leak for the O2 service provider in Germany, if I am not wrong.

Sent from my Milestone using Tapatalk

S

sileshnair

Ok, i beat you guys to it.;)

I could see no change from the APAC release of 25/1, except a new app called xing. Nothing more. So dont expect much. :(

sdtaddey

Oct 15, 2010
Ok, i beat you guys to it.;)

I could see no change from the APAC release of 25/1, except a new app called xing. Nothing more. So dont expect much. :(
Couldn't get beyond the bootloader!!!!!
Rsd didn't finish but i gave it up... nothing happends
Rsd recognized my device but no way to finish loading!
Do you guys know what i am missing???

S

sileshnair

Identical to APAC release

I tried installing a theme i created for APAC release and it went thru without any problems. So i guess no point in using this.

These Moto guys are really testing our patience. :mad: I dont know why they keep releasing test leaks if they don't have anything more to offer. 3 test releases now and not one thing different in the three.

Moto, release the final version and move forward. Atleast, users need not wait in hope.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    SBF:
    http://www.mediafire.com/?8bl3t1lrzuf875t

Language:
    Deutsch
    English
    Espanol
    Francais
    Italiano
    Nederlands
    Polski
    Portugues
    Turkce
    Eλληνικα
    中文
    Hi All,

I'm using now latest leak - Asia Pacific. So I checked for the official update through Motorola Software update this evening, I noticesd that Operator changed from StarHub Singaphor "which I believe was due to the leak" to O2 Deutschland and a software check starts for the first time ever.

As you know last week Motorola Europe asked for 2 testers, so kindly Europe Users check more frequent using Software Update.

check the attachment.

Edit: After 30 minutes of checking for new software, it stated that there is no software update for my phone but I can restore it to the default status which I'm doing now.

Edit: ok, after 20 minutes restoring software, with several reboots & some stops in the bootloader, the phone starts again from the scratch with German language interface, lost my latest theme I was using.

lets see whats in:
    - As I said, the phone starts with German (I think)
    - back to the old launcher
    - I noticed a new application called Xing, I never noticed that before & dont know if Silesh added that or not.
    - kernal version: 2.6.32.9-gafbfc43
    - Build number: SHOLS_U2_05.26.0
    - Kernal & build number are the same the only change is in the Firmware configuration
    - Lost root access (regain it after flashing VR.spf)
    - If you remember on the screen lock, the rebons (unlock and/or sound on/off) when holding turned into red, this one don't

Edit: attached system menu

Edit: thanks to DummyPLUG - spf available in second post

Nandroid Backup

http://www.multiupload.com/208REFWJDW
    Quick Addendum

I don't mean to double-post, but here are two other notes:

*It's been said a bunch, but if you flash this .sbf over the G.O.T. release, you will get a hang at the Android logo. If this occurs, flash the vulnerable bootloader, and run Androidiani-OpenRecovery from your SD card. G.O.T. OpenRecovery will work, but is dangerous to use with this build because its overclocking method will get your phone stuck at the Moto logo.

*Lastly, I think it's pretty cool that the people on this thread really are from all over the world and not just the wealthier countries. I seem to remember this much less when I had an HTC Touch Pro, but I guess that phone was released in the US so a lot of the XDA forum posters were American.

I really do think that this phone was a "milestone" for Motorola (as the Droid in the US too, of course), so I really do believe they have an obligation not to abandon us.

Also, from the RAM point of view, don't Google and Moto have an incentive to make their code run well on devices with less memory? Don't they want to expand their market to cheaper phones that don't necessarily run Android 1.6? It seems even Apple will soon be developing a cheaper iPhone...(I still love my unlocked and jailbroken 2G!)
    Some Celebratory Notes

This seems to be as close to final of a ROM as I've seen so far.

*WIFI is incredibly stable and even supports WPS (thought I don't use it)
    *Android Market automatically updates to the latest (pretty, well organized, etc.) version, but will NOT restore your apps...I'm not sure if this is because of the new version, or because I was using CM6 last time
    *Google Maps 5 is finally stable and pinch to rotate, etc. works out of the box
    *Apps2SD works out of the box, although you may be pressed for space if you don't delete MotoNav, etc...I haven't gotten around to this yet
    *Full color is back (no 16 bit BS)
    *Launcher/Home is back to the original, which honestly I don't mind since it's faster, although I do miss the radio toggle buttons in the notification area and the 5 apps per row instead of 4, although I'm sure this can be modded
    *Battery life is incredible. Calibrate your battery before loading this ROM up and it should last you around two days with fairly active use. I don't need to put my phone into 2G mode all the time anymore. (Toggle2G doesn't work)
    *Phone calls sound clearer than with CM6 (I think the baseband/audio stack is updated)
    *Battery life seems mostly unaffected by overclocking (don't do it with G.O.T. OpenRecovery! You will have to restore from SBF/RSDLite if you try. Use Androidiani-OR and make sure to run the set all at boot script)

Props to Nadlabak for all of his intense hackery, but I think this Moto version is stabler and generally more useful.

The Germans always come through on making stuff work. OK, I know that doesn't really make sense, but I'm guessing that O2, which operates in Germany among other EU countries, insisted on getting a better build from Moto and got their wishes. (perhaps applied pressure via threatening not to carry a new Moto Android phone?)

PS - The only two bugs I've seen so far:

*Text corruption in the text message box occasionally, but not to obtrusive. This is better than the crashes I'd experience on CM6. (yes I reset all data, etc.)
    *Facebook profile pics won't be loaded into your contacts until you visit the person's profile. This isn't as slick, but I guess it does save on data/overhead.
    Same way you do for any provider.
    Setting>Wireless & Networks>Mobile Networks> APN

The Settings you will want for TELUS APN are:
    Name: Telus
    APN: sp.telus.com
    MMCS: http://aliasredirect.net/proxy/mmsc
    MMS Proxy: 74.90.0.18
    MMS port: 80
    MCC: 302
    MNC: 220
    Authentication type: PAP
    APN type: default,dun,mms

Took me awhile to find the correct settings if it doesn't say dun in there tethering does not work.