export magisk module list

Search This thread

simona70

• Jun 11, 2013
    Livorno
    Clarifications needed... Which list are you talking about? The entire Magisk repo or just the ones you've installed (I'm gonna guess the latter)? And for what purpose?
    only the one i have installed. full list for backup / reinstall purpose. installed and not active. xposed ha a function to export /import list. I like it.

Last edited:

simona70

• Jun 11, 2013
    Livorno
    If you just need a backup, make a backup of the Magisk image (/data/adb/magisk.img). That's where all modules are kept (for now, this might change in a future version of Magisk).
    oh. perfect. no problem. can i restore? like in a rom change to a new rom? what is status for enabled disabled module?

73sydney

Jul 21, 2018
    Sydney
    Google Pixel 2 XL
    oh. perfect. no problem. can i restore? like in a rom change to a new rom? what is status for enabled disabled module?

I do this all the time.. back the files in location mentioned above to ext sdcard...wipe device for a clean flash (all except ext sdcard/EFS obviously)...flash new ROM, then flash gapps, then flash magisk, then still in TWRP, I copy the files back to correct location and reboot

Last edited:
    Reactions: simona70

simona70

• Jun 11, 2013
    Livorno
    I do this all the time.. back the files in location mentioned above to ext sdcard...wipe device for a clean flash (all except ext sdcard/EFS obviously)...flash new ROM, then flash gapps, then flash magisk, then still in TWRP, I copy the files back to correct location and reboot
    Thanks. Providential.

Reactions: joluke

oroboros74

Jan 3, 2013

Where are the ZIP files located, in case I just want to backup those rather than the img?

rodken

• Jan 11, 2010
    Google Pixel XL
    OnePlus 8
    All modules are currently stored in /data/adb/modules. Would the concept of copying the files back to the correct location still work after a reboot?

73sydney

Jul 21, 2018
    Sydney
    Google Pixel 2 XL
    All modules are currently stored in /data/adb/modules. Would the concept of copying the files back to the correct location still work after a reboot?

I actually havent tried it since the change from the img method

I can tell you i do backup and restore the magisk.db file....i have a Galaxy Active2 Watch, and if it even sniffs root i have to reset the watch and start over to get Samsung Pay working. So i flash the ROM/GApps, then Magisk, reboot and setup the ROM and Magisk, set my Android ID back to the previous one (to avoid having to reset the Watch, and have it connectable in Gear app) then copy the magisk.db to /data/adb, then reboot. Then enable MagiskHide, and hide Magisk Manager. When i restore my apps the Samsung ones are already in the MagiskHide list and Samsung Pay works as before, once i reconnect the watch.

Next time i flash ill try copying back the /data/adb/modules and let you know

73sydney

Jul 21, 2018
    Sydney
    Google Pixel 2 XL

rodken

Just a quick update

I was about to flash a new ROM for testing, and thought about doing the test...copy the modules folder from /data/adb, and restore on new ROM and then realised that not all modules im using are going to like that, as some set symbolic links during install and some now use filesystem overlays as well (thinking busybox and Vanced Youtube)

Ive just decided rather than copying im going to stick with what works 100%, and install them by hand one by one :)

Reactions: rodken

rodken

• Jan 11, 2010
    Google Pixel XL
    OnePlus 8

rodken

Just a quick update

I was about to flash a new ROM for testing, and thought about doing the test...copy the modules folder from /data/adb, and restore on new ROM and then realised that not all modules im using are going to like that, as some set symbolic links during install and some now use filesystem overlays as well (thinking busybox and Vanced Youtube)

Ive just decided rather than copying im going to stick with what works 100%, and install them by hand one by one :)
    Thanks for the update.

Reactions: 73sydney

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
      If you just need a backup, make a backup of the Magisk image (/data/adb/magisk.img). That's where all modules are kept (for now, this might change in a future version of Magisk).
      Clarifications needed... Which list are you talking about? The entire Magisk repo or just the ones you've installed (I'm gonna guess the latter)? And for what purpose?

Thanks. Providential.
      Now /data/adb/magisk.img is no more used... What folder must I backup?