Ext 4 with Humble 4.22 ODIN

Search This thread

loccoelf

Sep 3, 2009
I flashed Humble 4.22 and a new CWM on my phone and its working. The voodoo app says lagfix is active. I am just wondering if there is anything else I need to do to make sure ext4/lagfix is working properly. I am new to modding droid charge and feel like Im missing something. Some things I have ready point to having something to do with the SD CARD?

Im lost

Thanks

DragoonBrethren

Oct 4, 2011
Chicago
I flashed Humble 4.22 and a new CWM on my phone and its working. The voodoo app says lagfix is active. I am just wondering if there is anything else I need to do to make sure ext4/lagfix is working properly. I am new to modding droid charge and feel like Im missing something. Some things I have ready point to having something to do with the SD CARD?

Im lost

Thanks

If you are looking to verify whether voodoo is enabled on all 4 partitions, other then just using the app built into the rom, follow these instructions:

-First download Terminal Emulator from the market. Its free.
-Open the app.
-Type: su
-You will get a super user window prompt. Select Allow.
-Press back button to close app.
-Reopen app and again type: su
-You get a a pop up saying the app has been granted super user permissions.
-Notice the $ on far left change to #
-Type mount
-Scroll back up to top
-Look for lines that start with /dev/block/.....
-There are 4 of these: /system, /cache, /dbdata, and /data. They are near the top.
-Verify each has ext4 behind them, not rfs
-You can now back out of the app.

If you follow this and you have all four partitions say ext4, you are good to go, voodoo is fully enabled.

If you were looking for some other explanation for something else, post again explaining in better detail of what you are looking for.

Also, since you are new to voodoo, its a smart thing to always use to voodoo app to disable voodoo, then reboot your phone before doing any flashing of new ROMs/kernels. You can always reenable it, again through the app followed immediately by a reboot, if you need to. I would hate to see you post back later with a bricked phone. :)

Enjoy.

Sent from my HUMBLE by Danalo1979 using xda premium

Reactions: loccoelf

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Im lost

Thanks

If you are looking to verify whether voodoo is enabled on all 4 partitions, other then just using the app built into the rom, follow these instructions:

-First download Terminal Emulator from the market. Its free.
    -Open the app.
    -Type: su
    -You will get a super user window prompt. Select Allow.
    -Press back button to close app.
    -Reopen app and again type: su
    -You get a a pop up saying the app has been granted super user permissions.
    -Notice the $ on far left change to #
    -Type mount
    -Scroll back up to top
    -Look for lines that start with /dev/block/.....
    -There are 4 of these: /system, /cache, /dbdata, and /data. They are near the top.
    -Verify each has ext4 behind them, not rfs
    -You can now back out of the app.

If you follow this and you have all four partitions say ext4, you are good to go, voodoo is fully enabled.

If you were looking for some other explanation for something else, post again explaining in better detail of what you are looking for.

Also, since you are new to voodoo, its a smart thing to always use to voodoo app to disable voodoo, then reboot your phone before doing any flashing of new ROMs/kernels. You can always reenable it, again through the app followed immediately by a reboot, if you need to. I would hate to see you post back later with a bricked phone. :)

Enjoy.

Sent from my HUMBLE by Danalo1979 using xda premium