External Microphone Volume

Search This thread

adamshumpisxxx

Apr 8, 2011
I own the Klipsch R6M headphones and the built in microphone is very low. Nobody can hear me unless I yell or press the microphone hole up to my lips. This does not occur in any other Android device I plug it into. I figured I'd grab AlsaMixer and boost the external microphone input but I am unable to figure out which option is the right one. Does anyone know? Either that or does anyone know how I would go about boosting the external microphone input volume another way? I'm desperate here. Thank you in advance for the help.

Optipop 5.1.1 Build June 29th 2015

adamshumpisxxx

Apr 8, 2011
Don't everyone rush in and offer advise all at once, now! Through trial and error, I found the solution. Inside of AlsaMixer you need to find the control called "DEC8" and favorite it. After that, tap it and enter the value "99" and press "Apply". I've found that entering "111" works as well but adds a bit of distortion. You should play with the values to see what works best but anywhere from 80% to 85% seems to be the sweet spot. 90% seems to be pushing it but your results may vary depending on the headset you are using. My only issue now is making that value stick after a power cycle. I have to apply the value manually every time the phone boots. If anyone knows the solution to THAT problem and wouldn't mind posting it here...I would appreciate it. Thank you.