External SD Card won't mount?

Search This thread

amishguy14

Jul 1, 2012
So I had a 16 gb external sd card in my rezound, realized that I would like more space so I bought a 32 gb card. The new card worked for about a week and no longer works. I have an sd card exploring app and it sees the files on the card but my phone does not even recognize the card is inserted.

Another thing to mention is that with the old card, my phone would not display the available space on it or give me the options to unmount and mount. Now when I put both of these cards in an sd card reader and insert them into my desktop the computer does not see that a card has been inserted. I have checked it with other mini SDs that I have and the computer sees them, so I don't know what gives! Any ideas??

P.S. I am running on the ICS 3.14.605.10 RUU

amishguy14

Jul 1, 2012
Sounds like you have a bad card, can you format it?

Well the weird thing is that both the stock and the card I bought are doing the same thing. And I tried formatting, but since I can't view the cards on my computer or phone I have no way of formatting.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using xda app-developers app

couchmonkey

Mar 30, 2011
I have the same almost problem, I have to manually mount the SD card after every reboot, but it does recognize it after mounting.

TXI Kaze

Dec 2, 2009
If you have TWRP or Amon, mount USB storage and format from your computer.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2

zZDave_Stud

Aug 12, 2011
Pennsylvania
Not sure if this is the issue but it may help to try:
If you are on GB firmware and running an ICS rom, download and flash this in recovery. It is a GB firmware patch and after you flash it, sd card mounting problems are fixed.

Last edited: