Is the latest magisk module working for you V4.2 ?

• Does it create external sd in root dir

Votes: 3 20.0%
  • Does it provide ntfs & exfat support for sdcard

Votes: 1 6.7%
  • Does it provide ntfs & exfat support for usbotg

Votes: 3 20.0%
  • Are new apps installing to external storage now

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Everything seems to work well

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Doesn't work for me

Votes: 7 46.7%

• Total voters
Search This thread

ChocoboX

Sep 6, 2010
I went to system but there is no xbin folder inside. No /external_usb either. I have Total Commander. I installed miexplorer but no external_usb folder either.

ChocoboX

Sep 6, 2010
still nothing. Here is what I changed:
install.sh
#!/sbin/sh

bb='data/adb/magisk/busybox';

ln -sf $bb /system/bin/busybox 2>/dev/null;
$bb install -s /system/bin/busybox 2>/dev/null;
$bb chcon -R 'u:eek:bject_r:adb_data_file:s0' /data/adb/service.d/00sdcard.sh 2>/dev/null;
$bb chcon -R 'u:eek:bject_r:system_file:s0' /system/bin/sdmount /system/bin/ntfs-3g /system/bin/mount.exfat 2>/dev/null;

exit 0

I changed all xbin folders to to bin

also changed
#UNMOUNT
ifelse(is_mounted("/system"), unmount("/system"));

#--START
ui_print("");
ui_print("******************************************");
ui_print("* Exfat × Ntfs × Vfat Mounter ");
ui_print("* For Android Device ");
ui_print("******************************************");
ui_print("");
set_progress(0.150000);
#--PREPARE DEVICE PARTITIONS
ui_print("-- Preparing device partitions");
run_program("/bin/busybox", "mount", "/system");
run_program("/bin/busybox", "mount", "/data");
set_progress(0.250000);

#--INSTALLATION
ui_print("-- installing files");
package_extract_dir("system", "/system");
package_extract_dir("data", "/data");
set_progress(0.350000);
ui_print("-- Setting permissions...");
set_perm(0, 0, 0755, "/system/bin/sdmount");
set_perm(0, 0, 0755, "/system/bin/ntfs-3g");
set_perm(0, 0, 0755, "/system/bin/mount.exfat");
set_perm(0, 0, 0755, "/data/adb/service.d/00sdcard.sh");
set_progress(0.450000);

#--PERMISSION
ui_print("-- Running Scripts");
package_extract_dir("tmp", "/tmp");
set_perm(0, 0, 0777, "/tmp/install.sh");
set_progress(0.550000);

#--CLEAN UP
ui_print("-- Cleaning up");
delete_recursive("/tmp");
set_progress(0.850000);

#--UNMOUNT
ui_print("-- Unmounting System + data");
ifelse(is_mounted("/system"), unmount("/system"));
set_progress(0.950000);

ui_print("-- Installation complete");
set_progress(1.000000);
As I was getting error 7 in TWRP
The way I booted to TWRP:
adb reboot bootloader
fastboot boot TWRP.img

then I installed the zip from there.
When I booted I ended up with the same thing. No usbmount command found and no /external_usb

Ziona

May 4, 2019
Caribbean
install.sh

install.sh

I changed all xbin folders to to bin

also changed

As I was getting error 7 in TWRP
The way I booted to TWRP:
adb reboot bootloader
fastboot boot TWRP.img

then I installed the zip from there.
When I booted I ended up with the same thing. No usbmount command found and no /external_usb
You used wrong zip, also made some small errors in updater-script touching /sbin/busybox.
I made some corrections an a small text log file in (internal storage) to check for correct system paths.

Attachments

• usbmounter1.zip
    784.1 KB · Views: 15
Last edited:

ChocoboX

Sep 6, 2010
I tried to flash it but I got an error 7 message. BTW, I don't have "sbin" folder in my folder structure for some reason. I have installed Busybox NDK module through Magisk.
I have system/bin/xbin
Not sure how can I be of more help.

Attachments

• Screenshot_1970-10-24-22-22-30[1].png
    Screenshot_1970-10-24-22-22-30[1].png
    202.9 KB · Views: 18

Ziona

May 4, 2019
Caribbean
I tried to flash it but I got an error 7 message. BTW, I don't have "sbin" folder in my folder structure for some reason. I have installed Busybox NDK module through Magisk.
I have system/bin/xbin
Not sure how can I be of more help.
wrong file was uploaded, try again.
/sbin/busybox is for TWRP only.

droidbot1337

Apr 2, 2013
whoa! an update..... THIS IS AWESOME!!! @Ziona will this work on my tab s5e running android 11? all i want is vlc to see my thumb drive full of movie files. my tablet sees and mounts it but i cant get vlc to add the files into the browser.

Ziona

May 4, 2019
Caribbean
whoa! an update..... THIS IS AWESOME!!! @Ziona will this work on my tab s5e running android 11? all i want is vlc to see my thumb drive full of movie files. my tablet sees and mounts it but i cant get vlc to add the files into the browser.
this is just test an tune for Android 11 no official updates yet. You can give usbmount1.zip a go if it mounts OTG then media store should update it's content for vlc to see.

droidbot1337

Apr 2, 2013
this is just test an tune for Android 11 no official updates yet. You can give usbmount1.zip a go if it mounts OTG then media store should update it's content for vlc to see.

i tried the magisk modules before but got no results. this last file that you uploaded resulted in an error 7 in twrp.

ChocoboX

Sep 6, 2010
wrong file was uploaded, try again.
/sbin/busybox is for TWRP only.
I tried the new file. I was able to flash it successfully this time. However, when I try usbmount command, I can't find it.
I tried this in shell:
mkdir /data/media/external
mount.exfat /dev/block/sdg1 /data/media/external

The volume mounted successfully. I got a FUSE message in shell. I can see the files but when I try to open them I get an error message about permissions in Total Commander. Not sure what to do. Also how to unmount it. I'd like to get that usbmount file working but I don't know what it's not showing.

Ziona

May 4, 2019
Caribbean
I tried the new file. I was able to flash it successfully this time. However, when I try usbmount command, I can't find it.
I tried this in shell:
mkdir /data/media/external
mount.exfat /dev/block/sdg1 /data/media/external

The volume mounted successfully. I got a FUSE message in shell. I can see the files but when I try to open them I get an error message about permissions in Total Commander. Not sure what to do. Also how to unmount it. I'd like to get that usbmount file working but I don't know what it's not showing.
try using mixplorer to execute commands an mount USB in root to check perms.
Also check if any log was made in internal storage after installing.

*the first command will check if usbmount was installed.

*the second is for mount of USB with rw access.

*the third is to unmount the USB

Code:
ls /system/bin/usbmount

mount.exfat -o rw, /dev/block/sdg1 /data/media/external

busybox umount -l /data/media/external

ChocoboX

Sep 6, 2010
try using mixplorer to execute commands an mount USB in root to check perms.
Also check if any log was made in internal storage after installing.

*the first command will check if usbmount was installed.

*the second is for mount of USB with rw access.

*the third is to unmount the USB

Code:
ls /system/bin/usbmount

mount.exfat -o rw, /dev/block/sdg1 /data/media/external

busybox umount -l /data/media/external
I still can't find usbmount under system/bin
Mixplorer was able to open the drive and view images and create a folder!!

My issue now is how to automatically make the mount instead of typing all those commands.
(I don't know how to execute commands from Mixplorer.)

ChocoboX

Sep 6, 2010
Also the apps can't see /data/media/external folder. Not sure how to fix it. Thank you for your help.

Ziona

May 4, 2019
Caribbean
Also the apps can't see /data/media/external folder. Not sure how to fix it. Thank you for your help.
Will seeing that it's OTG USB flash an not a full time dedicated sdcard that can be mounted at boot via a simple script command. your vold & sdcard binary files would have to support exfat to be auto mounted.

Android mount service doesn't know fully the new volume drive is mounted so none root apps won't see any files.
you can just copy an paste the zip files in the locations needed. grant them permission 755 ... all this can be done using mixplorer .

It's settings is in the upper right corner three dots also the execute command tab, you can hold your finger on something to highlight it for viewing, settings permission, to execute a file many things can be done. after adding the files test the command if successful it should mount USB in root /external_usb an perform a media scan for content like videos etc.. then most apps should see its files.

ChocoboX

Sep 6, 2010
Will seeing that it's OTG USB flash an not a full time dedicated sdcard that can be mounted at boot via a simple script command. your vold & sdcard binary files would have to support exfat to be auto mounted.

Android mount service doesn't know fully the new volume drive is mounted so none root apps won't see any files.
you can just copy an paste the zip files in the locations needed. grant them permission 755 ... all this can be done using mixplorer .

It's settings is in the upper right corner three dots also the execute command tab, you can hold your finger on something to highlight it for viewing, settings permission, to execute a file many things can be done. after adding the files test the command if successful it should mount USB in root /external_usb an perform a media scan for content like videos etc.. then most apps should see its files.
Excellent information. I learned a lot from you! Thank you!
So it seems for whatever reason that every time I place usbmount in /system/bin and I reboot my phone; that usbmount file disappears. Something is deleted it but I can't figure it out.
I tried to just do usbmount after setting permissions. It creates a USB folder that I can see inside my internal storage. But the folder is empty. As if it's not mounting anything inside it.
I decided to delete the fsbinaries, modified VOLD, and your module from Magisk and copy usbmount, mount.exfat, ntfs-3g binaries again to /system/bin again. I rebooted the phone and usbmount disappeared again. Suggestions?

Ziona

May 4, 2019
Caribbean
Excellent information. I learned a lot from you! Thank you!
So it seems for whatever reason that every time I place usbmount in /system/bin and I reboot my phone; that usbmount file disappears. Something is deleted it but I can't figure it out.
I tried to just do usbmount after setting permissions. It creates a USB folder that I can see inside my internal storage. But the folder is empty. As if it's not mounting anything inside it.
I decided to delete the fsbinaries, modified VOLD, and your module from Magisk and copy usbmount, mount.exfat, ntfs-3g binaries again to /system/bin again. I rebooted the phone and usbmount disappeared again. Suggestions?
Magisk system less is stopping you. Add the files in TWRP using it's built in file manager. Or look in /sbin if there using mixplorer for a folder name magisk (it's hidden so you need to enable seeing it with mixplorer, go to right corner three dots - settings - BUTTONS - Main menu - scroll down to find - Show hidden globally - tick it's box to activate it.) then look for /mirror /system/bin folder and add files here, your exact device path may vary. this will bypass magisk magic mount.
Did u see any log file in internal storage root?

YK RAJ

May 23, 2014
External sdcard rw permission enabler plus extras
robot-4809182_1280.jpg

The latest magisk modules v4.4 & ( v5.0 located page #7 ) is for Android 6 to 11 . Providing External Sdcard write access permissions, It can add quick access links in root directory to your external sdcard. Works on single or multiple partition sdcard filesystem's.

Adds ntfs support to most devices from Android 6 to 10 , an including exfat support from Android 6 to 8. Supports usbotg for Android 6 up on compatible devices.

All sdcard & otg mounting an symlinks methods are technically unique an first of their kind here. No one else cared enough to put in the time needed to add this back to android after removed from Marshmallow an above . So it takes great effort to find universal techniques for most/all devices.
So devices configurations will vary.

READ BELOW LOOK FOR LATEST UPDATES.
Some Info

Dual linkage from the system storage and media_rw directories.
Links are made to root dir & mnt dir.

Link 1 in root - external_sd
Link 2 in mnt - sdcard1

Both links utilize external read & write permission for access by apps requested.

Example
Titanium backup can use both these points for storage access for backups to sdcards.

NOT FOR USE WITH ADOPTABLE STORAGE SDCARD SETUP

INSTALL

Flash zip in recovery an reboot.
Magisk module users v4.1 an above flash in magisk.

If using v4.2 up uninstall module before updating versions or if re-flashing module again when option for ntfs & exfat support are chosen.

If using v4.4 , uninstall an install is supported in both magisk manager and recovery.

Note

init.d support or magisk is needed
First zip uses init.d support.
Second zip v4 an higher uses magisk support.

Some apps may need you to grant them access to external storage, others may ask to direct them to the path which can easily be found rite in root folder and also mnt folder - ( this is found in root folder. )

Locations example
Path in root directory are :
/external_sd
/mnt/sdcard1
/usbotg
/mnt/usbotg

Some devices may only support one location for their external sdcard in /storage because their is no /mnt/media_rw folder. Module will detect the correct available location to create dual symlinks.

Volume Deamon info:
What is vold (Volume Daemon) that most Android OS support , why this module uses a custom type when selected (vold posix) option on install ;
http://strayinsights.blogspot.com/2018/05/android-external-storage-support-volume.html?m=1

####### UPDATED #######

LATEST UPDATE , V4.4 - FOR MAGISK USER

# AUTO INSTALL #

-External Sdcard access
-Permissive on install
-Sepolicy patches on install

Some changes below;

:Note for custom vold only (vold posix option when using boot patch):

Best success for using custom vold will be achieved in recovery mode install .
For devices that supports vold an sdcard binaries only, this is auto checked when vold posix is selected .

LATEST UPDATE , V4.3 - FOR MAGISK USER

# AUTO INSTALL #

-Permissive on install

NOTE:
Use Boot Patch if module didn't work for you with SD link option.
Warning make or have a backup of your ROM to flash if you use custom vold option.

What does vold do? It's the core mount management for most Android devices that mounts internal , external & usb/otg storage devices. Custom vold adds the custom binaries that most non custom rom lacks for mounting ntfs sdcards an otg storage devices. Do to the nature of how it works for full reasons unknown when changing vold binary its a 10℅ chance the device may decide not to full boot an need to be dirty flash to restore start up. So still try with caution .

# Many upgrades some added changes are below #

How does this module work ? Some more info can be found here
https://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=83054737&postcount=76

UPDATE , V4.2 - FOR MAGISK USER

# AUTO INSTALL #

-Permissive on install
-Modded busybox on install
-Apps install location set to external storage

NOTE:
Use Boot Patch an also try it with the custom vold options if module didn't work for you with SD link option. V4.2 only

UPDATE , V4.1 - FOR MAGISK USER

INSTALL

Within Magisk Manager App ONLY {Not Recovery}

In the Modules Tab using the yellow plus sign button at bottom of modules tab , locate where you download an saved this zip (downloads folder most likely).
NOTE
When installing Follow the on srceen instructions , volume key check should be selected quickly on startup test or installer will exit. (Will just have to restart installer if so)

Info
-System remounted RW
-Provides full Permissive mode -Optional
-Provides Invert back Selinux Enforcing mode -Optional
-Sepolicy internal & external sdcard Platform.xml patch for rw permissions to system files & directories on some devices
-Provides app backup access write permissions an quicker access to external_sd mounted in root dir.
-Example.. titanium backup can use external sdcard link in root folder or /mnt/sdcard1 to store backup files..
-Custom Magisk installer
-Custom modded busybox -Optional
-Custom Ext.sdcard dual mounts -Optional
-Can be used alone with only write sdcard access installed systemless
-Systemless altering (patching) of files .

Custom install selection v4.1 options
-Choose android version on install to select custom sepolicy injection on boot.
-Choose Permissive on install
-Choose Selinux Enforcing on install
-Choose None to leave selinux as is on install
-Choose Modded app2sd busybox on install
-Choose Symlink Dual ExternalSD on install

-ExternalSD write access by default on install , can run it standalone if no other options are selected.

-Any Options install will be listed in magisk within module tab.
Uninstall or disable ExternalSD module within Magisk module tab or custom recovery.

# After first beta version 4 lagacy install for Magisk.

Update v4.1
# first magisk module build date;
11/04/2020

Uninstall - For older Magisk v4 & init.d support installs

Flash first top zip again once to remove mod with init.d support
Flash bottom v4 magisk uninstall for magisk .

Disclaimer
You choose to install anything on your devices the decision is always your , xda is not responsible for your actions on your device & either am i, if you have doubt about something ask questions about it first.

Latest Updated (04/10/2020)
Including Latest Magisk support, version v4.4

Thanks to :
@Techguy777 for helping with testing device compatibility.

Hopefully you find this useful.

Please Give Your Feed Back!
It takes devs time to create mods for You but it take nothing for You to hit LIKE BUTTON!! ?

Report errors to developers we cant know if to continue updates or to correct anything we don't read minds

NEED HELP PERSONALLY:
Telegram - https://t.me/Ziona242

Let me know which device it doesn't work for
Hi!
I'm using latest GCam 8.4 on Pixel Android 12L but the GCam app isn't giving options to change the primary storage just storing media files into Internal Storage.
Will using this module add a External SD Card path for GCam media storage?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220513-115301_Camera.png
    Screenshot_20220513-115301_Camera.png
    173 KB · Views: 4

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    External sdcard rw permission enabler plus extras
    robot-4809182_1280.jpg

The latest magisk modules v4.4 & ( v5.0 located page #7 ) is for Android 6 to 11 . Providing External Sdcard write access permissions, It can add quick access links in root directory to your external sdcard. Works on single or multiple partition sdcard filesystem's.

Adds ntfs support to most devices from Android 6 to 10 , an including exfat support from Android 6 to 8. Supports usbotg for Android 6 up on compatible devices.

All sdcard & otg mounting an symlinks methods are technically unique an first of their kind here. No one else cared enough to put in the time needed to add this back to android after removed from Marshmallow an above . So it takes great effort to find universal techniques for most/all devices.
    So devices configurations will vary.

READ BELOW LOOK FOR LATEST UPDATES.
    Some Info

Dual linkage from the system storage and media_rw directories.
    Links are made to root dir & mnt dir.

Link 1 in root - external_sd
    Link 2 in mnt - sdcard1

Both links utilize external read & write permission for access by apps requested.

Example
    Titanium backup can use both these points for storage access for backups to sdcards.

NOT FOR USE WITH ADOPTABLE STORAGE SDCARD SETUP

INSTALL

Flash zip in recovery an reboot.
    Magisk module users v4.1 an above flash in magisk.

If using v4.2 up uninstall module before updating versions or if re-flashing module again when option for ntfs & exfat support are chosen.

If using v4.4 , uninstall an install is supported in both magisk manager and recovery.

Note

init.d support or magisk is needed
    First zip uses init.d support.
    Second zip v4 an higher uses magisk support.

Some apps may need you to grant them access to external storage, others may ask to direct them to the path which can easily be found rite in root folder and also mnt folder - ( this is found in root folder. )

Locations example
    Path in root directory are :
    /external_sd
    /mnt/sdcard1
    /usbotg
    /mnt/usbotg

Some devices may only support one location for their external sdcard in /storage because their is no /mnt/media_rw folder. Module will detect the correct available location to create dual symlinks.

Volume Deamon info:
    What is vold (Volume Daemon) that most Android OS support , why this module uses a custom type when selected (vold posix) option on install ;
    http://strayinsights.blogspot.com/2018/05/android-external-storage-support-volume.html?m=1

####### UPDATED #######

LATEST UPDATE , V4.4 - FOR MAGISK USER

# AUTO INSTALL #

-External Sdcard access
    -Permissive on install

Some changes below;

:Note for custom vold only (vold posix option when using boot patch):

Best success for using custom vold will be achieved in recovery mode install .
    For devices that supports vold an sdcard binaries only, this is auto checked when vold posix is selected .

# Change log: v4.4

.added support for recovery install an uninstall of module.

.added custom vold safety protection auto uninstall on failure to fully boot.

added full driver support from Android 6 to 10 , for both the 32 & 64 bit variety.

.added additional upgrades to sdcard an usbotg mount & symlinks methods .

.added additional configurations for write access to devices on Android 11 OS.

.added options to choose internel or external app install location for supporting devices.

.added usbotg symlinks an direct folder support in root dir.

.added some other big systematic changes to setup.

.added full uninstall module an boot image patch by re flashing module if installed.

LATEST UPDATE , V4.3 - FOR MAGISK USER

# AUTO INSTALL #

-Permissive on install

NOTE:
    Use Boot Patch if module didn't work for you with SD link option.
    Warning make or have a backup of your ROM to flash if you use custom vold option.

What does vold do? It's the core mount management for most Android devices that mounts internal , external & usb/otg storage devices. Custom vold adds the custom binaries that most non custom rom lacks for mounting ntfs sdcards an otg storage devices. Do to the nature of how it works for full reasons unknown when changing vold binary its a 10℅ chance the device may decide not to full boot an need to be dirty flash to restore start up. So still try with caution .

# Change log: v4.3
    .added newer sdcard an usbotg mount & symlinks methods .

.added additional configurations for write access to devices that dont have even basic setups.

.added back options to choose busybox on install only if wanted.

.added some other systematic changes.

UPDATE , V4.2 - FOR MAGISK USER

# AUTO INSTALL #

-Permissive on install
    -Modded busybox on install
    -Apps install location set to external storage

NOTE:
    Use Boot Patch an also try it with the custom vold options if module didn't work for you with SD link option. V4.2 only

# Change log: v4.2

.added new latest magisk install template with selection.

.added advance techniques for sdcard symlinks - Optional

.added custom boot.img patch if symlinks failed to create in root - Optional

.added custom vold binary for some devices on Android 6-9 - Optional

.added ntfs & exfat full support for Mediatek devices, also qcom support in Android 8-9 64bit only - Optional

.added mounting & symlinks support for multiple partitions on sdcards, all links & folders made in root. Exfat, Vfat, Ntfs, Ext4 & ( F2fs if kernel supported )

.added usbotg ntfs & exfat mount support on boot.

.added install & uninstall options in magisk manager when flashing zip to undo any changes.

UPDATE , V4.1 - FOR MAGISK USER

INSTALL

Within Magisk Manager App ONLY {Not Recovery}

In the Modules Tab using the yellow plus sign button at bottom of modules tab , locate where you download an saved this zip (downloads folder most likely).
    NOTE
    When installing Follow the on srceen instructions , volume key check should be selected quickly on startup test or installer will exit. (Will just have to restart installer if so)

Info
    -System remounted RW
    -Provides full Permissive mode -Optional
    -Provides Invert back Selinux Enforcing mode -Optional
    -Sepolicy internal & external sdcard Platform.xml patch for rw permissions to system files & directories on some devices
    -Provides app backup access write permissions an quicker access to external_sd mounted in root dir.
    -Example.. titanium backup can use external sdcard link in root folder or /mnt/sdcard1 to store backup files..
    -Custom Magisk installer
    -Custom modded busybox -Optional
    -Custom Ext.sdcard dual mounts -Optional
    -Can be used alone with only write sdcard access installed systemless
    -Systemless altering (patching) of files .

Custom install selection v4.1 options
    -Choose android version on install to select custom sepolicy injection on boot.
    -Choose Permissive on install
    -Choose Selinux Enforcing on install
    -Choose None to leave selinux as is on install
    -Choose Modded app2sd busybox on install
    -Choose Symlink Dual ExternalSD on install

-ExternalSD write access by default on install , can run it standalone if no other options are selected.

-Any Options install will be listed in magisk within module tab.
    Uninstall or disable ExternalSD module within Magisk module tab or custom recovery.

# After first beta version 4 lagacy install for Magisk.

# Change log: v4.1
    - New Template install.
    .added new latest magisk install template with selection.

.added sepolicy patch - Android version - Optional install.

.added permissive mode - Optional install.

.added busybox modded app2sd version -Optional install.

.added sdmount for symlinks - Optional install.

.added external Sd write access enabler' Standalone mode - if no options selected on install.

.script - adjustments in post-fs-data.sh for file backups, file sed an patching.

.script - adjustments in sdmount.sh for better mounting & optimized bootcomplete start execution for creating symlinks & automatic file deletion on magisk module removal.

Update v4.1
    # first magisk module build date;
    11/04/2020

Uninstall - For older Magisk v4 & init.d support installs

Flash first top zip again once to remove mod with init.d support
    Flash bottom v4 magisk uninstall for magisk .

Disclaimer
    You choose to install anything on your devices the decision is always your , xda is not responsible for your actions on your device & either am i, if you have doubt about something ask questions about it first.

Latest Updated (04/10/2020)
    Including Latest Magisk support, version v4.4

Thanks to :
    @Techguy777 for helping with testing device compatibility.

Hopefully you find this useful.

Please Give Your Feed Back!
    It takes devs time to create mods for You but it take nothing for You to hit LIKE BUTTON!! ?

Report errors to developers we cant know if to continue updates or to correct anything we don't read minds

NEED HELP PERSONALLY:
    Telegram - https://t.me/Ziona242

Let me know which device it doesn't work for
    Confirmed! Working like a charm!

Btw, Can u add another symlink for usb otg at /root please?

Sent from my TECNO CX Air using Tapatalk
    Confirmed! Working like a charm!

Btw, Can u add another symlink for usb otg at /root please?

Sent from my TECNO CX Air using Tapatalk

Ok get back to you later today,i may make that for u or just roll it out next release, the way it is now great but i made to additional methods to detect external sd sources , seem like no one else wanted the challenge after Marshmallow changed the whole game on how to find an use sdcard resources. The new install added a nice touch too lol , (YouTube) hit that like button to subscribe haha
    I agree no one after marshmallow really worked on anything to get Extsd card support working for apps. There is one but you need to use edxposed xinternalsd also. I think this is great Im using on my S6 tablet on android pie. I wish you would add android Q support but its great to see you doing this project. Thanks

Thx, am bout to release v4.2 newest for magisk. I left out Q because am not sure how it works yet i dnt have a Android 10 device to test on yet.
    If someone willing to test i may remove the install limit to allow its installing for Q.
    This new release added more methods of sdcard detection, sdcard an app permissions , force install apps to internal or external Sdcard only, added ntfs, ext4, exfat, vfat sdcard & usbotg support.
    Boot.img patch for external Sdcard. Magisk patch for Pie .
    Sepolicy rules for vold & posix, also custom binaries an more. Theirs optional choices on installation
    I have a 64bit S7 edge and 64bit S6 tablet with Snapdragon 855 so qcom. I also have a old blu mtk device on android 6 but the phone is just a dust collector. I also have a nexus 6 , Moto g4, and galaxy s2 tablet.

Ok i hav qcom 64bit Oreo & pie drivers for ntfs an exfat support already. Checking cause my new module will pack some goodies for external Sdcard support. It mainly supports Mtk marshmallow an nougat 32 / 64bit . Am allowing Android 10 install also.
    Does any of your devices support exfat an ntfs?