Question external storage 0B used 0B total?

Search This thread

hagekic548

Jul 23, 2020
Hi there, I've got a Pixel 7 Pro device here, running rooted TD1A.221105.001 which doesn't seem to be able to read external storage properly. I've tried connecting various usb-sticks, it manages to display the correct partition label under Settings -> Storage -> Dropdown box at the top, but selecting that external disk displays "0B used" & "0B total" & file explorer apps show no hint of that external storage.

Does this work for other users, or is it a bug that doesn't get talked about because not a lot of people use that feature? Or did I mess up my ROM by rooting it and instaling a few Magisk modules?

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: zetsumeikuro

hagekic548

Jul 23, 2020
Does anybody have a more useful reply to my question than a laughing smiley?

Or maybe you could explain the error in my questioning that caused me to only receive that smiley in response instead of a useful reply?

Reactions: w_tapper

Shumitu

Aug 12, 2015

Or maybe you could explain the error in my questioning that caused me to only receive that smiley in response instead of a useful reply?
What filesystem do you have on your external storage / usb sticks?
What cable / adapter do you use to connect them to your pixel?

hagekic548

Jul 23, 2020
I've tried various sticks, filesystems fat32 & exfat. for connecting I've tried several adapters.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi there, I've got a Pixel 7 Pro device here, running rooted TD1A.221105.001 which doesn't seem to be able to read external storage properly. I've tried connecting various usb-sticks, it manages to display the correct partition label under Settings -> Storage -> Dropdown box at the top, but selecting that external disk displays "0B used" & "0B total" & file explorer apps show no hint of that external storage.

Does this work for other users, or is it a bug that doesn't get talked about because not a lot of people use that feature? Or did I mess up my ROM by rooting it and instaling a few Magisk modules?

I've tried various sticks, filesystems fat32 & exfat. for connecting I've tried several adapters.
    seems strange, maybe its OS related as you said.
    In my case its working correctly for both fat32 and exfat.
    Hard to say whats the root cause of this but imo you could try to check it again on stock, clean os.