• XDA Forums have been migrated to XenForo. We are aware of several issues including missing threads, logins not working, and more. To discuss, use this thread.

Extra functions for FRD-Lx9C432B562

haykweb

Sep 18, 2012
Moscow
All these tweaks working without issues only in firmware FRD-Lx9C432B562

Extra features

- Advanced restart menu (restart modes)
- App twin (many apps for cloning)
- Call Recorder (stock function in Call settings)
- Face unlock (stock function in Security & privacy)
- Gestures (stock function in System navigation)
- Sound Mod (In headphones sound is loud now)

After all restart the phone.

Download Link #1
Download Link #2
Download Link #3

Last edited:

Giuskiller

Jun 22, 2014
Caivano (NA)
Call recorder and Face unlock are NOT working. I followed instructions and i'm on the right firmware. Any help?

---------- Post added at 06:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:52 PM ----------

I found that using SolidExplorer and EsFile manager the changes i make are reverted after a reboot. I'll explain myself. In particular when trying to copy lib64 folder content into my system/lib64 i fail with Solid (gives me an error) but succeded with ES. But when trying to copy face unlock content and call recording app afrer a restart they revert back as i never copied them. I'm using magisk as root option. Idk what i'm doing wrong

haykweb

Sep 18, 2012
Moscow
Call recorder and Face unlock are NOT working. I followed instructions and i'm on the right firmware. Any help?

---------- Post added at 06:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:52 PM ----------

I found that using SolidExplorer and EsFile manager the changes i make are reverted after a reboot. I'll explain myself. In particular when trying to copy lib64 folder content into my system/lib64 i fail with Solid (gives me an error) but succeded with ES. But when trying to copy face unlock content and call recording app afrer a restart they revert back as i never copied them. I'm using magisk as root option. Idk what i'm doing wrong
All working very good on B562 firmware if root is correct and file manager doing all processes right.
I'm using Magisk 18.1 with Magisk manager 7.0.
File manager is X-Plore.

kinkat1995

Nov 19, 2014
I gon an error when i try to enroll a face: your facial featrures cannot be found, if i try to start rolling process from begining again camera freezes.

Giuskiller

Jun 22, 2014
Caivano (NA)
All working very good on B562 firmware if root is correct and file manager doing all processes right.
I'm using Magisk 18.1 with Magisk manager 7.0.
File manager is X-Plore.
Ok, so i tried with X-Plore but i found a weird thing...

1) Face unlock doesn't work AT ALL for me (B562)

2) Call recording shows up in setting only if i soft reboot. If i reboot normally it reverts back (auto deletes apk in /system/app i guess)

Idk what to do. It sounds weird

Micdu70

Feb 22, 2018
France
Ok, so i tried with X-Plore but i found a weird thing...

1) Face unlock doesn't work AT ALL for me (B562)

2) Call recording shows up in setting only if i soft reboot. If i reboot normally it reverts back (auto deletes apk in /system/app i guess)

Idk what to do. It sounds weird
Hello,

For 1), I tried on my Honor 8 AL00 (B540) and sadly face unlock doesn't detect my face... (the "call recording" feature seems already present in chinese firmwares so I didn't installed it.)

For 2), If you have installed "SafetyPatch" Magisk's module, that's the reason of your issue. ;)

On my phone, "Advanced restart menu" => Bootloop.... so it's better to backup the original file first AND have a working custom recovery like TWRP!

:)

Last edited:
Reactions: Giuskiller

Giuskiller

Jun 22, 2014
Caivano (NA)
Hello,

For 1), I tried on my Honor 8 AL00 (B540) and sadly face unlock doesn't detect my face... (the "call recording" feature seems already present in chinese firmwares so I didn't installed it.)

For 2), If you have installed "SafetyPatch" Magisk's module, that's the reason of your issue. ;)

On my phone, "Advanced restart menu" => Bootloop.... so it's better to backup the original file first AND have a working custom recovery like TWRP!

:)
Advanced menu works for me and no, i haven't installed SafetyPatch but my Safetinet is enforced...modifying it into permissive could fix my issues? What do you think?

Micdu70

Feb 22, 2018
France
Advanced menu works for me and no, i haven't installed SafetyPatch but my Safetinet is enforced...modifying it into permissive could fix my issues? What do you think?
I'm curious about how this advanced menu looks like, can you upload a screenshot?
I really don't know... Should be a specific Magisk's module that causes it... :(

Giuskiller

Jun 22, 2014
Caivano (NA)
All tweaks working very good.
FRD-L09C432B562
I have no doubt that they're working, i've also made some of them to work, i've only problems with face unlock and call recording and idk why, because gestures and advanced menu are working normally as they should. However thanks for sharing...If you have any ideas let me know, i will try and report back

Giuskiller

Jun 22, 2014
Caivano (NA)
Ok, i've got it! I made everything to work. That's how i did it:

Face Unlock

I've followed your instruction for what regards "system" folder. What i made different was to copy the lines that you copied in product/etc/prop/local.prop there, BUT also in hw_oem/prop/local.prop. I've also copied facerecognize and hw_motion_config.xml into hw_oem/xml. Could be stupid but that worked!

Call Recording

That was easier. What i did was to copy the entire folder into system/priv-app instead system/app. That way i've got it to work.

Thanks for sharing, face unlock is almost useless because you have to turn screen on (yeah we don't have s9 and iris scanner lol) but it's cool anyway! :D

Last edited:

haykweb

Sep 18, 2012
Moscow
Ok, i've got it! I made everything to work. That's how i did it:

Face Unlock

I've followed your instruction for what regards "system" folder. What i made different was to copy the lines that you copied in product/etc/prop/local.prop there, BUT also in hw_oem/prop/local.prop. I've also copied facerecognize and hw_motion_config.xml into hw_oem/xml. Could be stupid but that worked!

Call Recording

That was easier. What i did was to copy the entire folder into system/priv-app instead system/app. That way i've got it to work.

Thanks for sharing, face unlock is almost useless because you have to turn screen on (yeah we don't have s9 and iris scanner lol) but it's cool anyway! :D
Very interesting .
If firmwares are the same mine and yours,but i copyed all like in instruction and working very good :)

Last edited:

Giuskiller

Jun 22, 2014
Caivano (NA)
Very interesting .
If firmwares is the same mine and yours,but i copyed all like in instruction and working very good :)
Ahaha idk what to say but at least it worked that way. The only thing i can tell you is that i'm on FRD-L09 version. However, i've got some screenshots

Attachments

Schorse84

Feb 15, 2017
Not working

Hi there,
I really want to have advanced restart menu. I did like the Instruction told me, but nothing happens. Do I have to change something else?

Edit:
Works like it should somehow. Sorry for that.

Last edited:
Our Apps
Get our official app! (coming soon)
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone