extract boot.img to root the tablet T8100 Allwinner A100

Search This thread

observingman

Mar 24, 2013
Hello !

A lot of people like me got this 'gift' tablet (in Spanish, we call it "the lamentablet", because it is "lamentable" = "terrible"):

https://www.the-china-office.com/t8100-tablet (here you can see full specifications)

That b***c allows us to unlock its bootloader, but in order to root it, we need to have the boot.img to apply magisk on it.

But the thing is that we cannot obtain it, nor dump the firmware, just in case... So, we are stuck.

Also in the docs on that webpage, it's a mention to a link with the firmware, but it is not available.

There is also no OTA update to play with...

Is there any way to obtain that boot.img / get all the partitions ? I've tested to make an adb shell to make commands to dump the partitions, but it says "it's closed", so not allowed.

I've tried to find a TWRP version but hey, guess it... There is none.

So, ... Got any ideas, you... GREAT "TECH GURUS" ?

Thanks in advance !

Attachments

• tablet.jpeg
    tablet.jpeg
    109.2 KB · Views: 368
Reactions: Hydra119

gdpt

Feb 8, 2011
Brussels
I have the same tablet, and would like to know if anyone has made some progress on this. As for now it's an useless piece of ****. Would like to play around with it, I can think of a couple uses for it. Thanks

Reactions: Hydra119

3mel

Aug 23, 2012
London
can you boot into recovery and if so can you use ADB from there ?

Code:
cat /dev/block/boot > /sdcard/boot.img

gdpt

Feb 8, 2011
Brussels
can you boot into recovery and if so can you use ADB from there ?

Code:
cat /dev/block/boot > /sdcard/boot.img
I managed to reboot into recovery with ADB, but I get the following Error

C:\Program Files (x86)\Minimal ADB and Fastboot>cat /dev/block/boot > /sdcard/boot.img
The system cannot find the path specified.

What should I do?

UPDATE: Managed to unlock the bootloader with fastboot oem unlock command. I needed to install the Allwinner A100 drivers though, was stuck in a bootloop before that. Will now try to install Magisk.

This is what I got regarding the file system
Filesystem 1K-blocks Used Available Use% Mounted on
tmpfs 495652 604 495048 1% /dev
tmpfs 495652 0 495652 0% /mnt
tmpfs 495652 0 495652 0% /apex
/dev/block/dm-3 592852 591024 0 100% /
/dev/block/dm-1 113696 113344 0 100% /vendor
/dev/block/dm-2 689644 687556 0 100% /product
/dev/block/nand0p17 13316076 796656 12519420 6% /data
/dev/block/nand0p7 757680 968 733120 1% /cache
/data/media 13316076 796656 12519420 6% /storage/emulated

Last edited:

Viva La Android

Jul 31, 2019
Northeastern Tennessee
LG G Pad 8.3
Moto G
Did you get this worked out? If not, you made reference to an OTA update file. If you have the OTA update.zip, upload it to Google Drive or other file host and post a download link. I should be able to extract the boot.img and recovery.img from the update archive. (If your tablet has a boot image devoid of a ramdisk, you will need to root using the ramdisk from the recovery.img). To determine ramdisk status, install the latest Magsk app on your tablet. Open the app and look for "Ramdisk" in the top section of items listed. If you see a "Yes," standard boot.img patching will work. If it indicates a "No," you'll need a recovery.img.

Reactions: Alkuam

digitalDelay

Mar 1, 2016
I was "given" (lol) a Qlink Scepter 8 tablet(AKA Obama tablet): exdroid sun50iw10p1 which cross references to an $49 retail Chinese ALLWINNER T8100 A100 tablet.
As the OP already stated: out-of-the-box this is an unusable POS.
I'm leaving this breadcrumb for the next poor person who inherits one of these... I spent over a hour doing research and reached a dead end.
The ARM is working at 32bit... no idea why... forcing it to 64bit will help. But why bother? A 10 year old low-end Samsung tablet would still be faster (and more stable).
If I had the boot.img, maybe I would spend a little more time with this.
Good luck and Godspeed.

SamuEDL

Aug 1, 2011
Good guys, I leave the boot.img for Tablet T8100 and patched with Magisk. Works correctly on the Rom Stock (Android 10 GO) on tablet T8100 with motherboard BND-A863-CV2.0.

photo_2022-01-12_14-48-31.jpg

As a curiosity, I am currently using GSI Roms on my tablet. The problem is that Roms based on Android 11 and 12, the Gyro Sensor does not work. On Android 10, if it works

Screenshot_20220210-172645_Ajustes.png

Edit: I attached also the dump of the Rom Stock of my Tablet, in case someone needs it. https://www.mediafire.com/file/h0hnqhwah2qyf7y/RomStockT8100.zip/file

Only can be flashed by fastboot as a dump and only if you have an unlock bootloader.

Attachments

• BootParchet.zip
    8.3 MB · Views: 299
Last edited:
Reactions: Zeh John

TiagoG3400

Feb 27, 2022
Hi.
My tablet is constantly restarting and I want to reinstall the system. I have already formatted it by bios but it's still the same. How can I install this recovery by ssd card ?

SamuEDL

Aug 1, 2011
But to use fastboot i have to pass those files to the sd card or i have to connect the tablet to the computer ?
If it is necessary what program do I use to install the software ?
Do I need to use the bios ?
Thanks !
You have to connect it to the PC, but possibly you can not do much with the blocked bootloader.
PD: To put the tablet in fastboot mode press VOL - and POWER. To know if it is in FastBoot mode, there will be an image of an Android.

Instructions
1. Download the ADB / FastBoot Tool (https://developer.android.com/studio/releases/platform-tools#downloads)
2. Unzip it next to the backup files
3. Opens a cmd and introduce the following commands:
fastboot flash super super.img
fastboot flash boot boot.img
fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
fastboot -w
fastboot continue
4. Done.

------------------------------------------
By the way you guys, I tried to introduce the ROM from the Q-Link Scepter 8 tablet at the T8100. But without success, Phoenix (Pro and Suit) is blocked and not flash. Even though the motherboard were similar. A pity, it would have been fine to join communities.

Last edited:

TiagoG3400

Feb 27, 2022
the tablet is connected but not recognised. do i have to install the tablet drives on the pc ?

Attachments

• imagem_2022-02-28_175245.png
    imagem_2022-02-28_175245.png
    55.7 KB · Views: 162
  • 1.png
    1.png
    91.2 KB · Views: 161
  • 12.jpg
    12.jpg
    35 KB · Views: 159

TiagoG3400

Feb 27, 2022
Sorry for the trouble I'm giving you, but I'm having a lot of trouble with this tablet.
now i have the drives but i have this error ...
after running the command in cmd, the tablet restarts but still has the same problem

Attachments

• 1.png
    1.png
    72.9 KB · Views: 134
  • 2.PNG
    2.PNG
    4.6 KB · Views: 134

SamuEDL

Aug 1, 2011
Sorry for the trouble I'm giving you, but I'm having a lot of trouble with this tablet.
now i have the drives but i have this error ...
after running the command in cmd, the tablet restarts but still has the same problem
It happens because you have the blocked bootloader. Try to put the next command, although I do not think it works when not previously activated in settings:

Reactions: TiagoG3400

TiagoG3400

Feb 27, 2022
it doesn't work, if i can unlock the bootloader can i reinstall the system on the tablet to make it functional ?
Must be tricky to do that

Cosmin David

Feb 27, 2019
Lisbon
Good guys, I leave the boot.img for Tablet T8100 and patched with Magisk. Works correctly on the Rom Stock (Android 10 GO) on tablet T8100 with motherboard BND-A863-CV2.0.

View attachment 5547199

As a curiosity, I am currently using GSI Roms on my tablet. The problem is that Roms based on Android 11 and 12, the Gyro Sensor does not work. On Android 10, if it works

View attachment 5547205

Edit: I attached also the dump of the Rom Stock of my Tablet, in case someone needs it. https://www.mediafire.com/file/h0hnqhwah2qyf7y/RomStockT8100.zip/file

Only can be flashed by fastboot as a dump and only if you have an unlock bootloader.
Can you provide a gsi rom, or link to it that works on this device?

thank you

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Do you use any custom boot or/and vendor image? i allready tried a few of the roms on that page and i always end up with a boot loop. The ones i used are based on ARM or A64, did chose the right ones?
    Can you give me some intructions on how to install it properly in order to boot?
    Is there any Twrp or any similar funcional custom recovery for this device ?

Thank you in advance
    I use the boot modified with Magisk and roms GSI arm32_binder64-ab (pphusson) / a64_bvS (LineageOS).
    P.D: In roms superior to Android 10, the gyrosensor does not work.

Instructions:
    0. Get an up-to-date fastboot on your computer (fastboot —version should give version >= 29)
    1. Get vbmeta.img from https://dl.google.com/developers/android/qt/images/gsi/vbmeta.img and get product_gsi.img from https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/tutorial-magisk-on-gsi-on-devices-with-dynamic-partition.4311045/
    2. From running Android, do adb reboot bootloader
    3. When you start the bootloader, enter the following commands
    fastboot --disable-verity --disable-verification flash vbmeta vbmeta.img
    fastboot reboot fastboot
    4. When you see the Recovery fastbootd, enter the following commands
    fastboot delete-logical-partition product
    fastboot delete-logical-partition product_a
    fastboot delete-logical-partition product_b
    fastboot flash system system-xxxx.img
    fastboot create-logical-partition product 400000000
    fastboot flash product product_gsi.img
    5. Finally, move with the volume buttons to "Enter recovery". Then a "wipe data/cache" and confirms.
    6. Reboot and enjoy
    But to use fastboot i have to pass those files to the sd card or i have to connect the tablet to the computer ?
    If it is necessary what program do I use to install the software ?
    Do I need to use the bios ?
    Thanks !
    You have to connect it to the PC, but possibly you can not do much with the blocked bootloader.
    PD: To put the tablet in fastboot mode press VOL - and POWER. To know if it is in FastBoot mode, there will be an image of an Android.

Instructions
    1. Download the ADB / FastBoot Tool (https://developer.android.com/studio/releases/platform-tools#downloads)
    2. Unzip it next to the backup files
    3. Opens a cmd and introduce the following commands:
    fastboot flash super super.img
    fastboot flash boot boot.img
    fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
    fastboot -w
    fastboot continue
    4. Done.

------------------------------------------
    By the way you guys, I tried to introduce the ROM from the Q-Link Scepter 8 tablet at the T8100. But without success, Phoenix (Pro and Suit) is blocked and not flash. Even though the motherboard were similar. A pity, it would have been fine to join communities.
    Hello !

A lot of people like me got this 'gift' tablet (in Spanish, we call it "the lamentablet", because it is "lamentable" = "terrible"):

https://www.the-china-office.com/t8100-tablet (here you can see full specifications)

That b***c allows us to unlock its bootloader, but in order to root it, we need to have the boot.img to apply magisk on it.

But the thing is that we cannot obtain it, nor dump the firmware, just in case... So, we are stuck.

Also in the docs on that webpage, it's a mention to a link with the firmware, but it is not available.

There is also no OTA update to play with...

Is there any way to obtain that boot.img / get all the partitions ? I've tested to make an adb shell to make commands to dump the partitions, but it says "it's closed", so not allowed.

I've tried to find a TWRP version but hey, guess it... There is none.

So, ... Got any ideas, you... GREAT "TECH GURUS" ?

Thanks in advance !
    I have the same tablet, and would like to know if anyone has made some progress on this. As for now it's an useless piece of ****. Would like to play around with it, I can think of a couple uses for it. Thanks
    Did you get this worked out? If not, you made reference to an OTA update file. If you have the OTA update.zip, upload it to Google Drive or other file host and post a download link. I should be able to extract the boot.img and recovery.img from the update archive. (If your tablet has a boot image devoid of a ramdisk, you will need to root using the ramdisk from the recovery.img). To determine ramdisk status, install the latest Magsk app on your tablet. Open the app and look for "Ramdisk" in the top section of items listed. If you see a "Yes," standard boot.img patching will work. If it indicates a "No," you'll need a recovery.img.