extract boot.img to root the tablet T8100 Allwinner A100

Search This thread

franchu29

Nov 16, 2010
Did you did the OEM unlock under developer setttings? Also did you typed in fastboot mode, fastboot oem unlock , if you did continue to the next step, go to device manager and update the driver if it shows up as USB developer, then go back your platform tools CMD window and type fastboot devices
Thanks for your help.

I check oem unlock in developer options menu

I didn't do was the fastboot oem unlock command (I didn't see it in the instructions)

My problem is that now it doesn't start, it doesn't recognize adb or fastboot.

In device manager it appears as android adb interface (attached screenshot)

The tablet starts and stays on screen with robot (attached screenshot too)

any idea how to solve?

Attachments

• 20220420_190721.jpg
    20220420_190721.jpg
    1,008.1 KB · Views: 42
  • Captura de pantalla 2022-04-20 191709.png
    Captura de pantalla 2022-04-20 191709.png
    23.2 KB · Views: 42

Cosmin David

Feb 27, 2019
Lisbon
Thanks for your help.

I check oem unlock in developer options menu

I didn't do was the fastboot oem unlock command (I didn't see it in the instructions)

My problem is that now it doesn't start, it doesn't recognize adb or fastboot.

In device manager it appears as android adb interface (attached screenshot)

The tablet starts and stays on screen with robot (attached screenshot too)

any idea how to solve?
You got the wrong driver, right click on the device uninstall, disconnect the tablet after that install this

https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/...vers-15-seconds-adb-installer-v1-4-3.2588979/

After installation reconnect your tablet to your PC and you should see USB developer( in device manager) right click update driver choose the driver from a list.. select android phone , Google , bootloader interface

Go back to platform tools start CMD as administrator set root folder cd your path to platform tools, then type fastboot devices, at this point you should see your device, after that run the command fastboot reboot fastboot it should reboot to fastbootd, in fastbootd run the commands listed, one by one

Last edited:

franchu29

Nov 16, 2010
You got the wrong driver, right click on the device uninstall, disconnect the tablet after that install this

https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/...vers-15-seconds-adb-installer-v1-4-3.2588979/

After installation reconnect your tablet to your PC and you should see USB developer( in device manager) right click update driver choose the driver from a list.. select android phone , Google , bootloader interface

Go back to platform tools start CMD as administrator set root folder cd your path to platform tools, then type fastboot devices, at this point you should see your device, after that run the command fastboot reboot fastboot it should reboot to fastbootd, in fastbootd run the commands listed, one by one
Thanks, now i can restart and enter in fastboot mode

My problem now, the comand fastboot oem unlock dont work, it say:

FAILED (remote: 'Command not supported in default implementation')
fastboot: error: Command failed

how can i do?

Very thanks for your help

Cosmin David

Feb 27, 2019
Lisbon
Thanks, now i can restart and enter in fastboot mode

My problem now, the comand fastboot oem unlock dont work, it say:

FAILED (remote: 'Command not supported in default implementation')
fastboot: error: Command failed

how can i do?

Very thanks for your help
Go back to system , fastboot reboot ,comfirm if you did enabled OEM unlock under developer setttings

Sigidr

May 23, 2022
Hi guys,

I received this same gift tablet and after 2weeks of (barely) using it, it's stuck in a boot loop.

I see the allwinner logo, the screen goes back off and the logo appears again, this goes on until the battery dies, and i can't even turn it off, it responds to the on/off and reset button (the logo disappears instantly) but after 1sec it's stuck again.

I finally found a way to turn it off so i could enter the menu (using vol.up and power button), i wiped all data but nothing changed.
Now i'm looking for a way to reinstall it's firmware but i don't have any experience on this...
Connecting it to my pc is useless, it doesn't get recognised (it only charges) so i was thinking about using the 'update through sd card' option, but what files should i put on the sd, where can i find them?

Any help would be very welcome

Grtz,
Sigidr

SamuEDL

Aug 1, 2011
Hi guys,

I received this same gift tablet and after 2weeks of (barely) using it, it's stuck in a boot loop.

I see the allwinner logo, the screen goes back off and the logo appears again, this goes on until the battery dies, and i can't even turn it off, it responds to the on/off and reset button (the logo disappears instantly) but after 1sec it's stuck again.

I finally found a way to turn it off so i could enter the menu (using vol.up and power button), i wiped all data but nothing changed.
Now i'm looking for a way to reinstall it's firmware but i don't have any experience on this...
Connecting it to my pc is useless, it doesn't get recognised (it only charges) so i was thinking about using the 'update through sd card' option, but what files should i put on the sd, where can i find them?

Any help would be very welcome

Grtz,
Sigidr
If you don't have the bootloader unlocked, it can't be recovered at this time.

Baio98

May 29, 2022
Bravi ragazzi, lascio boot.img per Tablet T8100 e patchato con Magisk. Funziona correttamente su Rom Stock (Android 10 GO) su tablet T8100 con scheda madre BND-A863-CV2.0.

View attachment 5547199

Come curiosità, attualmente sto utilizzando le rom GSI sul mio tablet. Il problema è che nelle Rom basate su Android 11 e 12 il Gyro Sensor non funziona. Su Android 10, se funziona

View attachment 5547205

Edit: ho allegato anche il dump della Rom Stock del mio Tablet, nel caso qualcuno ne avesse bisogno. https://www.mediafire.com/file/h0hnqhwah2qyf7y/RomStockT8100.zip/file

Può essere eseguito solo da fastboot come dump e solo se si dispone di un bootloader di sblocco.
Buongiorno, ho utilizzato il file boot.img quello linkato da te, ho scaricato magisk e ho installato boot.img tramite magisk. il bootloader l'avevo sbloccato (opzioni sviluppatore -> sblocco oem) però è andato in brik. All'accensione mostra un robot verde con la pancia aperta (sia che faccio vol+ +,,accensione, sia che faccio vol- + accensione). Quando funzionava l'avevo messo in modalità fastboot, c'era un titolo tipo modalità fastbootlb. Facendo fastboot devices mi usciva il tablet. Ora con questa schermata non viene riconosciuto ne adb devices, ne fastboot devices. Non posso reinstallare il sistema operativo perché non mi esce nessun menù.
Qucuno è in grado di aiutarmi per favore? :( Andrebbe bene anche senza modifiche, con il software di fabbrica.
Grazie mille,

Attachments

• 16538279666996132583649630791817.jpg
    16538279666996132583649630791817.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 2

SamuEDL

Aug 1, 2011
Buongiorno, ho utilizzato il file boot.img quello linkato da te, ho scaricato magisk e ho installato boot.img tramite magisk. il bootloader l'avevo sbloccato (opzioni sviluppatore -> sblocco oem) però è andato in brik. All'accensione mostra un robot verde con la pancia aperta (sia che faccio vol+ +,,accensione, sia che faccio vol- + accensione). Quando funzionava l'avevo messo in modalità fastboot, c'era un titolo tipo modalità fastbootlb. Facendo fastboot devices mi usciva il tablet. Ora con questa schermata non viene riconosciuto ne adb devices, ne fastboot devices. Non posso reinstallare il sistema operativo perché non mi esce nessun menù.
Qucuno è in grado di aiutarmi per favore? :( Andrebbe bene anche senza modifiche, con il software di fabbrica.
Grazie mille,
As long as you don't install the fastboot drivers you won't be able to recover it. For this you will have to force the drivers. The device "USB Developer", uses this driver:

1653942476071.png

Zeh John

Jun 28, 2022
Hi all!

I got this Lamentablet as a promotion, paid €2 for it.
Rooted it and deleted most crap with ADB, so it doesn't have so much Google junk eating up it's mere 1GB of RAM. Much faster and more stable now.
But even so I've noted it crashed every once in while, sometimes it just turned itself off midnight... It's more stable since last reset, the OS was rotting worse than Windows to the point it lost my Google Account and couldn't create another one, the Google Play Store and YouTube stopped working...
Now since the reset it just crashed only once when, in a pattern that usually makes it crash is when I have the Power Saving, Data Saving and Night Light widgets enabled and i turn off Night Light (sorry for bad translation, my OS is in Portuguese).

So, my questions:

1) Has anyone else noticed the tablet crashing when playing with those mentioned widgets?
Are your OS stable or do they crash out of the blue?

2) Before restoring the OS, I had the SD card formatted in exfat (I find FAT32 obsolete and insecure for data integrity with a 32GB card on an always crashing device!).
Now the OS did not recognize the card formatted in exfat. Can't remember what I did last time.
Does anyone know how to get the OS to recognize an exfat uSD card?

3) Does anyone know about any custom firmware for this device? The original OS sucks!!! I run LineageOS on my phones but this tablet is not supported.
I just use this tablet to read the news on a browser and watch videos on YouTube and from the uSD card.
So, specially having this tablet just 1GB of RAM, something minimalist would be nice...

4) Does anyone knows any way to make a full system image backup and restore of the OS?
Like I used to do with Clockwork Mod and TWRP Recovery?
Even if just for the original Android 10Q ROM. Reconfiguring everything is a PITA... :(

5) By the way, does anyone know how to run TWRP Recovery on this device?

6) Probably a new kernel would be enough for the system to become more stable. Does anyone know where to find another one and how to install it on this device?
(that would also be pretty neat to use some old software I have to control CPU speed that does not work anymore, I'd like to reduce battery usage)

Many thanks for any reply!

mariosk87

Jan 20, 2011
I have the tablet bootlooping when A100 appears, i cant wipe data or go to recovery. I need to reinstall all the system but i have the bootloader locked. The uniq way to reinstall the FW is unlocking the bootloader, is there a way to unlock through fastboot?

SamuEDL

Aug 1, 2011
I have the tablet bootlooping when A100 appears, i cant wipe data or go to recovery. I need to reinstall all the system but i have the bootloader locked. The uniq way to reinstall the FW is unlocking the bootloader, is there a way to unlock through fastboot?
There is no solution, for users who have the bootloader closed. Since the only way would be to install the firm with phoenix, but we do not have any image compatible with this program and the manufacturer does not respond when we have requested it.

Zeh John

Jun 28, 2022
the only way would be to install the firm with phoenix, but we do not have any image compatible with this program

Would you please kindly clarify?
What is Phoenix? The proprietary installer software from Allwinner? From what you wrote, I understand it does not work with the regular images we flash, like the one supplied up in this thread.

Thank you, cheers.

SamuEDL

Aug 1, 2011
Hi all!

I got this Lamentablet as a promotion, paid €2 for it.
Rooted it and deleted most crap with ADB, so it doesn't have so much Google junk eating up it's mere 1GB of RAM. Much faster and more stable now.
But even so I've noted it crashed every once in while, sometimes it just turned itself off midnight... It's more stable since last reset, the OS was rotting worse than Windows to the point it lost my Google Account and couldn't create another one, the Google Play Store and YouTube stopped working...
Now since the reset it just crashed only once when, in a pattern that usually makes it crash is when I have the Power Saving, Data Saving and Night Light widgets enabled and i turn off Night Light (sorry for bad translation, my OS is in Portuguese).

So, my questions:

1) Has anyone else noticed the tablet crashing when playing with those mentioned widgets?
Are your OS stable or do they crash out of the blue?

2) Before restoring the OS, I had the SD card formatted in exfat (I find FAT32 obsolete and insecure for data integrity with a 32GB card on an always crashing device!).
Now the OS did not recognize the card formatted in exfat. Can't remember what I did last time.
Does anyone know how to get the OS to recognize an exfat uSD card?

3) Does anyone know about any custom firmware for this device? The original OS sucks!!! I run LineageOS on my phones but this tablet is not supported.
I just use this tablet to read the news on a browser and watch videos on YouTube and from the uSD card.
So, specially having this tablet just 1GB of RAM, something minimalist would be nice...

4) Does anyone knows any way to make a full system image backup and restore of the OS?
Like I used to do with Clockwork Mod and TWRP Recovery?
Even if just for the original Android 10Q ROM. Reconfiguring everything is a PITA... :(

5) By the way, does anyone know how to run TWRP Recovery on this device?

6) Probably a new kernel would be enough for the system to become more stable. Does anyone know where to find another one and how to install it on this device?
(that would also be pretty neat to use some old software I have to control CPU speed that does not work anymore, I'd like to reduce battery usage)

Many thanks for any reply!
I will answer some:
3. There are no custom roms for the tablet. But it is compatible with GSI images (We have already discussed it in this thread). In my case, I use LineageOS 17.1 GSI and it works quite well.
4 and 5: We do not have custom recovery.
6. Not have custom kernel

In short, we don't have custom rom, recovery and kernel. We only have stock rom (fastboot) and GSI roms.

P.D: We don't have the source code either. Also here is a prebuilt source code, in case someone wants to try to do something (It is not mine). https://github.com/lineageos-on-allwinner

Would you please kindly clarify?
What is Phoenix? The proprietary installer software from Allwinner? From what you wrote, I understand it does not work with the regular images we flash, like the one supplied up in this thread.

Thank you, cheers.
Exactly, it is the proprietary program of allwinner and the images have to be made for this program.

Last edited:

Zeh John

Jun 28, 2022
I will answer some:
3. There are no custom roms for the tablet. But it is compatible with GSI images (We have already discussed it in this thread). In my case, I use LineageOS 17.1 GSI and it works quite well.
4 and 5: We do not have custom recovery.
6. Not have custom kernel

In short, we don't have custom rom, recovery and kernel. We only have stock rom (fastboot) and GSI roms.

P.D: We don't have the source code either. Also here is a prebuilt source code, in case someone wants to try to do something. https://github.com/lineageos-on-allwinner

Exactly, it is the proprietary program of allwinner and the images have to be made for this program

Zeh John

Jun 28, 2022
SamuEDL, thank you so much for your reply and for all the support you've been giving along this thread for this device. So yes indeed this is a Lamentablet and we're pretty much stuck on it!

I've seen the links you've provided for the GSI but I'm not a coder, and I really get lost in GitHub even when I just have to download a simple installation file for something in Linux, that interface boggles my mind!
So I do not know what to find and download from there.

Not quite a noob here but I'm not very experienced with Android, it's such a not uniformely spread all over the place ecosystem, specially on the newer versions, I get easily lost and stuck. Before resetting my tablet I managed to connect it to my Linux PC and mount it's system RW and delete some crap, even some folders from the filesystem, and now I can't do it, I wanted to modify its hosts file to block ads but although it states that the system is mounted RW I cannot write to it as it states zero bytes free space...

So can I kindly ask you to provide some link to download a workable LineageOS 17.1 GSI image, please?
And also some general guidance for installing it. Yes I already have the bootloader unlocked and rooted my device, and know how to connect it to adb and fastboot.

Truly appreciated, once again, many thanks!

SamuEDL

Aug 1, 2011
SamuEDL, thank you so much for your reply and for all the support you've been giving along this thread for this device. So yes indeed this is a Lamentablet and we're pretty much stuck on it!

I've seen the links you've provided for the GSI but I'm not a coder, and I really get lost in GitHub even when I just have to download a simple installation file for something in Linux, that interface boggles my mind!
So I do not know what to find and download from there.

Not quite a noob here but I'm not very experienced with Android, it's such a not uniformely spread all over the place ecosystem, specially on the newer versions, I get easily lost and stuck. Before resetting my tablet I managed to connect it to my Linux PC and mount it's system RW and delete some crap, even some folders from the filesystem, and now I can't do it, I wanted to modify its hosts file to block ads but although it states that the system is mounted RW I cannot write to it as it states zero bytes free space...

So can I kindly ask you to provide some link to download a workable LineageOS 17.1 GSI image, please?
And also some general guidance for installing it. Yes I already have the bootloader unlocked and rooted my device, and know how to connect it to adb and fastboot.

Truly appreciated, once again, many thanks!
Installation guide: https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/...0-allwinner-a100.4338541/page-2#post-86720467
Rom: https://sourceforge.net/projects/an...808-UNOFFICIAL-treble_a64_bvS.img.xz/download
Rom Thread: https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/gsi-10-lineageos-17-x-gsi-all-archs.4004673/

If you need gapps, you can use LiteGapps. Which can be installed from magisk.

Reactions: bmrz1981

Zeh John

Jun 28, 2022

Many thanks again, SamuEDL!

I've downloaded the ROM and all the other needed little img files. And I've got a lot to read from the threads you've given. Appreciated!

Thanks for mentioning Gapps and their installation from Magisk, you've saved me on that one since I'm used to flash them with TWRP before the 1st boot on LineageOS18, but that does not apply here.

I got the Gapps from:
https://sourceforge.net/projects/li...LiteGapps_arm_10.0_v2.5_official.zip/download

I got the LiteGapps version because I only need the PlayStore and I can get the YouTube app from there.
And since this tablet only has 1GB of RAM, I want to keep things very minimal.

Just one thing I did not understand: the download page has links to download the Gapps and also the Addon. I don't know what this Addon is and a quick search on Google didn't help.
So what is it exactly? Is it also needed or optional while installing the Gapps?

Once again, SamuEDL, thanks!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Do you use any custom boot or/and vendor image? i allready tried a few of the roms on that page and i always end up with a boot loop. The ones i used are based on ARM or A64, did chose the right ones?
    Can you give me some intructions on how to install it properly in order to boot?
    Is there any Twrp or any similar funcional custom recovery for this device ?

Thank you in advance
    I use the boot modified with Magisk and roms GSI arm32_binder64-ab (pphusson) / a64_bvS (LineageOS).
    P.D: In roms superior to Android 10, the gyrosensor does not work.

Instructions:
    0. Get an up-to-date fastboot on your computer (fastboot —version should give version >= 29)
    1. Get vbmeta.img from https://dl.google.com/developers/android/qt/images/gsi/vbmeta.img and get product_gsi.img from https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/tutorial-magisk-on-gsi-on-devices-with-dynamic-partition.4311045/
    2. From running Android, do adb reboot bootloader
    3. When you start the bootloader, enter the following commands
    fastboot --disable-verity --disable-verification flash vbmeta vbmeta.img
    fastboot reboot fastboot
    4. When you see the Recovery fastbootd, enter the following commands
    fastboot delete-logical-partition product
    fastboot delete-logical-partition product_a
    fastboot delete-logical-partition product_b
    fastboot flash system system-xxxx.img
    fastboot create-logical-partition product 400000000
    fastboot flash product product_gsi.img
    5. Finally, move with the volume buttons to "Enter recovery". Then a "wipe data/cache" and confirms.
    6. Reboot and enjoy
    But to use fastboot i have to pass those files to the sd card or i have to connect the tablet to the computer ?
    If it is necessary what program do I use to install the software ?
    Do I need to use the bios ?
    Thanks !
    You have to connect it to the PC, but possibly you can not do much with the blocked bootloader.
    PD: To put the tablet in fastboot mode press VOL - and POWER. To know if it is in FastBoot mode, there will be an image of an Android.

Instructions
    1. Download the ADB / FastBoot Tool (https://developer.android.com/studio/releases/platform-tools#downloads)
    2. Unzip it next to the backup files
    3. Opens a cmd and introduce the following commands:
    fastboot flash super super.img
    fastboot flash boot boot.img
    fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
    fastboot -w
    fastboot continue
    4. Done.

------------------------------------------
    By the way you guys, I tried to introduce the ROM from the Q-Link Scepter 8 tablet at the T8100. But without success, Phoenix (Pro and Suit) is blocked and not flash. Even though the motherboard were similar. A pity, it would have been fine to join communities.
    Hello !

A lot of people like me got this 'gift' tablet (in Spanish, we call it "the lamentablet", because it is "lamentable" = "terrible"):

https://www.the-china-office.com/t8100-tablet (here you can see full specifications)

That b***c allows us to unlock its bootloader, but in order to root it, we need to have the boot.img to apply magisk on it.

But the thing is that we cannot obtain it, nor dump the firmware, just in case... So, we are stuck.

Also in the docs on that webpage, it's a mention to a link with the firmware, but it is not available.

There is also no OTA update to play with...

Is there any way to obtain that boot.img / get all the partitions ? I've tested to make an adb shell to make commands to dump the partitions, but it says "it's closed", so not allowed.

I've tried to find a TWRP version but hey, guess it... There is none.

So, ... Got any ideas, you... GREAT "TECH GURUS" ?

Thanks in advance !
    I have the same tablet, and would like to know if anyone has made some progress on this. As for now it's an useless piece of ****. Would like to play around with it, I can think of a couple uses for it. Thanks
    Did you get this worked out? If not, you made reference to an OTA update file. If you have the OTA update.zip, upload it to Google Drive or other file host and post a download link. I should be able to extract the boot.img and recovery.img from the update archive. (If your tablet has a boot image devoid of a ramdisk, you will need to root using the ramdisk from the recovery.img). To determine ramdisk status, install the latest Magsk app on your tablet. Open the app and look for "Ramdisk" in the top section of items listed. If you see a "Yes," standard boot.img patching will work. If it indicates a "No," you'll need a recovery.img.