extract boot.img to root the tablet T8100 Allwinner A100

Search This thread

Zeh John

Jun 28, 2022
I have never been notified of this error. Try to install the stock rom, if it persists it is a hardware problem and not a software one.

Is there any special procedure, configuration, etc. should one need to install the stock ROM, or the procedure to install other ROMs apply here too?

Also, would installing the stock ROM overwrite the Magisk rooted boot image and also relock the boot loader?

SamuEDL

Aug 1, 2011
Reactions: Zeh John

heyfunny

Aug 14, 2022
I am to the point where I have the tablet in fastboot shows the md2207AP13014391 when I run fastboot devices
when I run fastboot oem unlock it says FAILED (remote: 'system is already unlocked')
I did fastboot flash boot patched_boot.img
C:\Program Files\platform-tools>fastboot flash boot patched_boot.img
Invalid sparse file format at header magic
Sending sparse 'boot' 1/2 (32764 KB) OKAY [ 1.223s]
Writing 'boot' OKAY [ 2.832s]
Sending sparse 'boot' 2/2 (1408 KB) OKAY [ 0.077s]
Writing 'boot' OKAY [ 2.547s]
Finished. Total time: 6.781s
ran fastboot reboot
and I get a screen that says Your device software can't be checked for corruption. Please lock the bootloader...

How do I get to the fastbootd?

SamuEDL

Aug 1, 2011
I am to the point where I have the tablet in fastboot shows the md2207AP13014391 when I run fastboot devices
when I run fastboot oem unlock it says FAILED (remote: 'system is already unlocked')
I did fastboot flash boot patched_boot.img
C:\Program Files\platform-tools>fastboot flash boot patched_boot.img
Invalid sparse file format at header magic
Sending sparse 'boot' 1/2 (32764 KB) OKAY [ 1.223s]
Writing 'boot' OKAY [ 2.832s]
Sending sparse 'boot' 2/2 (1408 KB) OKAY [ 0.077s]
Writing 'boot' OKAY [ 2.547s]
Finished. Total time: 6.781s
ran fastboot reboot
and I get a screen that says Your device software can't be checked for corruption. Please lock the bootloader...

How do I get to the fastbootd?
Inside the bootloader, with the command "fastboot reboot fastboot"

SamuEDL

Aug 1, 2011
Good afternoon, I come to tell you that I have managed to make a rom to flash using the phoenix flash tool, thanks to the dump we had and using the base of the Teclast P80. And I have verified that it works correctly on my T8100 with unlocked bootloader. That yes, I need a tester to check if with the locked bootloader, it also works.

Notice: Tried on locked bootloader and work

Rom: https://github.com/SamuEDL/Tools_T8100/releases/download/T8100Stock1.0/T8100Firmware.zip
Installation guide (Method 1): https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/...firmware-restoration-upgrading-guide.4412585/

Last edited:

speedfreak007

May 12, 2010
Good afternoon, I come to tell you that I have managed to make a rom to flash using the phoenix flash tool, thanks to the dump we had and using the base of the Teclast P80. And I have verified that it works correctly on my T8100 with unlocked bootloader. That yes, I need a tester to check if with the locked bootloader, it also works.

Rom: https://github.com/SamuEDL/Tools_T8100/releases/download/T8100Stock1.0/T8100Firmware.zip
Installation guide (Method 1): https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/...firmware-restoration-upgrading-guide.4412585/
Can you tell us a bit more about the rom? Which android version is it and does it run more stable than the GSI A10 which has been suggested in this thread (because that one is very slow on my device).

SamuEDL

Aug 1, 2011
Can you tell us a bit more about the rom? Which android version is it and does it run more stable than the GSI A10 which has been suggested in this thread (because that one is very slow on my device).
It is the Android 10 Stock of the T8100. It is more intended for users who have bricked the tablet and they have the locked bootloader. Since that way they could try to recover the tablet.
But of course, I have not been able to test it on a tablet with a locked bootloader.

Snack4

Oct 11, 2014
It is the Android 10 Stock of the T8100. It is more intended for users who have bricked the tablet and they have the locked bootloader. Since that way they could try to recover the tablet.
But of course, I have not been able to test it on a tablet with a locked bootloader.
Have burned this rom via Phoenix Suit on T8100 with blocked bootloader and active FRP.
Phonix shows no errors while flashing.
After reboot it still remain with blocked OEM and FRP.
Any idea?

SamuEDL

Aug 1, 2011
Have burned this rom via Phoenix Suit on T8100 with blocked bootloader and active FRP.
Phonix shows no errors while flashing.
After reboot it still remain with blocked OEM and FRP.
Any idea?
I don't understand what you mean by OEM. About the FRP can not be removed with phoenix. There may be some video on youtube to bypass the FRP supported by the tablet, but I have no idea.

Edit: Can you post a photo of the error?

Snack4

Oct 11, 2014
There are no errors with image. It can successfully be used to unbrick the tablet.
Great work, thank you.
Device was accidentally blocked with mismatched pin code. Nobody knows this old Google account and now I can't open desktop. Asks for password. ADB and fastboot commands don't work while OEM unlock and USB debugging not checked.

P.S.
Found unlock video suitable for this model.

Last edited:

SamuEDL

Aug 1, 2011
To lift the thread a bit, I've recently tested Android 13 GSI (Trebledroid) and it works pretty decent. The only problems that I have found are the accelerometer (as it happens in most roms) and the bluetooth that does not turn on.

1668938542424.png

Zeh John

Jun 28, 2022
The only problems that I have found are the accelerometer (as it happens in most roms)

Thanks for keeping on feeding this thread, SamuELD.
So with this I assume the automatic screen flip to vertical / horizontal doesn't work, right?
Is there any other way to easily do it manually?
Android is a toy operating system, in my opinion, it doesn't even allow custom shortcuts like, for instance, for a setting that would control this.
I'll throw a party the day a proper Linux distro with a proper mobile OS and GUI can run in these things. Damn if I die old before this happens! :)

Zeh John

Jun 28, 2022
And since we're on this tablet, there seems to be a 2GB version of it. Not yet confirmed if it is the same exact model with more RAM or another model.

I've got my Lamentablet for €2 as a welcome gift from the Portuguese Consumers Advocate (DECO) (who is infamous for practicing the very same shady marketing techniques they fight themselves), and for a couple of months they've been bugging me by sending me marketing about a "fabulous" tablet with the same general specs, but this time 2GB of RAM.

At first I was tempted to sign in again, get my tablet and cancel the subscription again, playing by their own rules and being a cheap Tuga (Portuguese), but then I'm having 2nd thoughts on this.
On the other side, exclusively for research purposes :D it would be nice to have a Lamentablet 2.0, degoogled, that just by having 2GB of RAM would definitely behave better than the "fabulous" original Lamentablet that we already know, have and (don't) love.

So with this comes a question:
Assuming it's the exact same model but with 2GB of RAM instead of just 1, could we apply on it the rooted IMG image and the same ROMs we've been discussing here on this thread?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Do you use any custom boot or/and vendor image? i allready tried a few of the roms on that page and i always end up with a boot loop. The ones i used are based on ARM or A64, did chose the right ones?
    Can you give me some intructions on how to install it properly in order to boot?
    Is there any Twrp or any similar funcional custom recovery for this device ?

Thank you in advance
    I use the boot modified with Magisk and roms GSI arm32_binder64-ab (pphusson) / a64_bvS (LineageOS).
    P.D: In roms superior to Android 10, the gyrosensor does not work.

Instructions:
    0. Get an up-to-date fastboot on your computer (fastboot —version should give version >= 29)
    1. Get vbmeta.img from https://dl.google.com/developers/android/qt/images/gsi/vbmeta.img and get product_gsi.img from https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/tutorial-magisk-on-gsi-on-devices-with-dynamic-partition.4311045/
    2. From running Android, do adb reboot bootloader
    3. When you start the bootloader, enter the following commands
    fastboot --disable-verity --disable-verification flash vbmeta vbmeta.img
    fastboot reboot fastboot
    4. When you see the Recovery fastbootd, enter the following commands
    fastboot delete-logical-partition product
    fastboot delete-logical-partition product_a
    fastboot delete-logical-partition product_b
    fastboot flash system system-xxxx.img
    fastboot create-logical-partition product 400000000
    fastboot flash product product_gsi.img
    5. Finally, move with the volume buttons to "Enter recovery". Then a "wipe data/cache" and confirms.
    6. Reboot and enjoy
    But to use fastboot i have to pass those files to the sd card or i have to connect the tablet to the computer ?
    If it is necessary what program do I use to install the software ?
    Do I need to use the bios ?
    Thanks !
    You have to connect it to the PC, but possibly you can not do much with the blocked bootloader.
    PD: To put the tablet in fastboot mode press VOL - and POWER. To know if it is in FastBoot mode, there will be an image of an Android.

Instructions
    1. Download the ADB / FastBoot Tool (https://developer.android.com/studio/releases/platform-tools#downloads)
    2. Unzip it next to the backup files
    3. Opens a cmd and introduce the following commands:
    fastboot flash super super.img
    fastboot flash boot boot.img
    fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
    fastboot -w
    fastboot continue
    4. Done.

------------------------------------------
    By the way you guys, I tried to introduce the ROM from the Q-Link Scepter 8 tablet at the T8100. But without success, Phoenix (Pro and Suit) is blocked and not flash. Even though the motherboard were similar. A pity, it would have been fine to join communities.
    Hello !

A lot of people like me got this 'gift' tablet (in Spanish, we call it "the lamentablet", because it is "lamentable" = "terrible"):

https://www.the-china-office.com/t8100-tablet (here you can see full specifications)

That b***c allows us to unlock its bootloader, but in order to root it, we need to have the boot.img to apply magisk on it.

But the thing is that we cannot obtain it, nor dump the firmware, just in case... So, we are stuck.

Also in the docs on that webpage, it's a mention to a link with the firmware, but it is not available.

There is also no OTA update to play with...

Is there any way to obtain that boot.img / get all the partitions ? I've tested to make an adb shell to make commands to dump the partitions, but it says "it's closed", so not allowed.

I've tried to find a TWRP version but hey, guess it... There is none.

So, ... Got any ideas, you... GREAT "TECH GURUS" ?

Thanks in advance !
    I have the same tablet, and would like to know if anyone has made some progress on this. As for now it's an useless piece of ****. Would like to play around with it, I can think of a couple uses for it. Thanks
    Did you get this worked out? If not, you made reference to an OTA update file. If you have the OTA update.zip, upload it to Google Drive or other file host and post a download link. I should be able to extract the boot.img and recovery.img from the update archive. (If your tablet has a boot image devoid of a ramdisk, you will need to root using the ramdisk from the recovery.img). To determine ramdisk status, install the latest Magsk app on your tablet. Open the app and look for "Ramdisk" in the top section of items listed. If you see a "Yes," standard boot.img patching will work. If it indicates a "No," you'll need a recovery.img.