Extract/copy/backup data from Pixel 2 stuck on G loading screen with grey bar

Search This thread

abdo_the_eagle

Nov 13, 2020
Hello :), yesterday I I turned off (power off through power button menu) my Pixel 2 for some time, when I turned it on again it got stuck as the title says for more than 30 minutes. Whenever I long-press the power button the phone restart but gets stuck again in the same loop. I'm able to access the bootloader and the recovery mode, I even managed to use adb to sideload the latest OTA update but that doesn't fix my problem. I understand that a factory reset/wipe could fix the issue but some of the data on the phone are important to my work and have not been backed up so I'm trying to save them if possible.

My Pixel 2 is running stock A11, last updated in October to 11.0.0 (RP1A.201005.004, Oct 2020) It has been working normally since I updated it almost a month back. It's not rooted and the bootloader is locked.

This is my first time to delve into topics such as flashing, sideloading...etc. and my experience is pretty limited so my questions are as follows:
1) Is there a way to extract/copy/backup the data in this case so that I could proceed with factory reset?
2) If the answer is no, is there any possible way to get out of the infinite loading loop?
3) If all else fails, do you think that waiting for the December OTA (final update intended for Pixel 2) and then sideloading it could fix the issue?