Exynos Galaxy Note 8 on AT&T

Search This thread

ajm786

Oct 27, 2010
This time around, I will most likely be getting the Exynos version of the Galaxy Note 8. There are 2 versions that I am looking at specifically:

SM-N950F
SM-N950N

I've seen a few threads on here where people are trying to get them to work with AT&T, but never asked outright, so I am making this thread in hopes that it could possibly serve as a reference point for everyone:

Has anyone gotten the Exynos, international version of the Galaxy Note 8 working with AT&T, and get full LTE, VoLTE, Wifi calling, etc.?

If so, which Exynos model is it, and how did you get AT&T working?

Thank you so much!

Reactions: BoOsT

BarryH_GEG

Jan 16, 2009
Spokane, Washington
I was using a UK Exynos S8+ on AT&T. You'll get none of AT&T's advanced features. Also, and I didn't realize it until I got the unlocked Note8, LTE speeds are slower with the Exynos radio. If you use Samsung Pay be careful which CSC you buy. Not all of them support U.S. use of Samsung Pay.

Reactions: ajm786

ajm786

Oct 27, 2010
I was using a UK Exynos S8+ on AT&T. You'll get none of AT&T's advanced features. Also, and I didn't realize it until I got the unlocked Note8, LTE speeds are slower with the Exynos radio. If you use Samsung Pay be careful which CSC you buy. Not all of them support U.S. use of Samsung Pay.

How much slower are the LTE speeds we are talking? I can understand if it's slightly slower, but if it's much slower, then no-go.

Honestly, I use AT&T Prepaid, and it already doesn't have things by default such as VoLTE and Wifi calling (I think), so as long as I get stable and relatively fast LTE, it won't matter much.

ajm786

Oct 27, 2010
I just purchased a SM-N950N 256gb I plan on using it on ATT I really do hope LTE works on it as I returned my note 8 snapdragon to get the exynos variant.

That's good; if you could please update this thread with your direct experiences, I could then update the OP if it will work definitively or not. I already read in another thread that it works perfectly with T-mobile, so I can't see why not with AT&T.

d.cortez

Dec 30, 2005
north texas
UK N950F (XEU Single Sim) on ATT and it's working fine for me... LTE works, VoLTE works and HD Voice works (although i'm not sure if i can initiate a HD call. when i see the HD icon, i assume it's someone calling me via Wifi calling). i'm in some fringe areas, but i still get avg DL speeds of 35-40 mb/s. upload is consistently in the 20 mb/s range which is fine for my needs. @BarryH_GEG, what are your average speeds with the ATT Note 8? thanks.

Reactions: BoOsT and ajm786

ajm786

Oct 27, 2010
UK N950F (XEU Single Sim) on ATT and it's working fine for me... LTE works, VoLTE works and HD Voice works (although i'm not sure if i can initiate a HD call. when i see the HD icon, i assume it's someone calling me via Wifi calling). i'm in some fringe areas, but i still get avg DL speeds of 35-40 mb/s. upload is consistently in the 20 mb/s range which is fine for my needs. @BarryH_GEG, what are your average speeds with the ATT Note 8? thanks.

Did you have to flash any CSC or anything to make it work with AT&T, or did it just work out of the box?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Did you have to flash any CSC or anything to make it work with AT&T, or did it just work out of the box?
    Yes, had to root and then flash the CSC for ATT.
    This time around, I will most likely be getting the Exynos version of the Galaxy Note 8. There are 2 versions that I am looking at specifically:

SM-N950F
    SM-N950N

I've seen a few threads on here where people are trying to get them to work with AT&T, but never asked outright, so I am making this thread in hopes that it could possibly serve as a reference point for everyone:

Has anyone gotten the Exynos, international version of the Galaxy Note 8 working with AT&T, and get full LTE, VoLTE, Wifi calling, etc.?

If so, which Exynos model is it, and how did you get AT&T working?

Thank you so much!
    Are you able to use Android Pay, Samsung Pay, or Magisk?
    not Samsung Pay but Android Pay with Magisk works.
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone