this rom is very good, you are really a great developer, I have tested it on SMN910H, especially for games there is no word lag, but again for power consumption on zerolemon the battery can only last 3 hours, Thank and sorry bad englishKernel Permissive as in the kernel does not load Selinux rules and enforce them (so its less secure and more vulnerable to attackers if someone targets you)
ideally selinux would be enforcing, but right now we dont have rules written as it takes more time than i have to spare for it
it is not relevant for CPU governors, however regardless we currently only have the basic CPU governors, i removed the others as they were very unstable, i will look into them later when i can
ensure you have latest modem and bootloader installed, N910CQ is just a rebranded N910C, the rom works on both as it has been tested already on it. also use latest twrp, do all the wipes and try again
For everyone else, as my phone part still did not arrive, here is the latest test build compiled at the end of january for all models. it is not a "release" so i wont be updating the thread, but its something for you guys to test until i get my port fixed up and test it myself to confirm everything is fine.
Download : https://drive.google.com/drive/u/3/folders/1eMVXbZ7xQWd7LvTG0r9QxJcAgxnSIiGj
main changes are :
- S-PEN palm rejection patch is added
- changes for VoIP / wifi calls so they should work now, if not please get me some logs while doing calls and mention what app you are using.
- updated APN list for new carriers
- call recording should work now (mic volume is low though, so it will mostly record the other party properly, your voice will be quiet, this is due to the way we handle call mic.)
- WiFi is improved (with/without nearby sharing it will be fine) P2P no longer causes issues
- Safetynet should work now with only one module (Kdragon safetynet fix) instead of requiring magisk fingerprint module
- N910H Detection is improved, dont know if its enough to automate LTE > 3G Switch so ppl can try and let me know
- MicroG Support is included
- GPU Vulkan support should be fixed, which should reduce random app crashes
- Power profile is tuned once more it still maintains good performance without destroying your battery
- synced with latest lineage source at Jan 2023
Do note that this does not include fixes for the most recent app crashes reported, i have not yet been able to debug and see why that happens, in the mean time if you can get me some log_ball from the logging guide in the first post that would be great, kerne logs would help too.
this build should boot fine but do take backups of SYSTEM just incase.
Thank you, if possible please go to https://github.com/universal5433/android_device_samsung_trelte-common and scroll down, follow the instructions to take logs and make the apps (instagram etc) crash few times while the logger is running, log-ball.bat and log_e.bat, finally a copy of the folder "/data/tombstones" would be very helpful.
Thank you @ananjaser1211 for keeping our beloved Note 4 alive, appreciate your efforts !
I was able to flash without wiping from a test build dated in January, it should be fine but keep in mind if you had flashed opengapps before, you must flash it again after the ROM otherwise it wont boot, its also good practice to backup everything in TWRP incase something goes wrong and it does not boot.
Hello Anan. I finally found the problem for my n910h 3g network issue. The problem was the battery. My battery doesn't have NFC kit. So when I change it to original one with NFC kit, everything got work's excellent. again thanks a lot for your hard working on this ROM. I want to ask you something. When I want to install some apps, they give a massage that your phone is rooted and can't run on rooted phone. especially banking apps. I didn't use magisk or any other root methods. Just clean install. Is there any way to install apps like this issue on the phone ?
LineageOS 18.1 for the Samsung Galaxy Note 4 (N910C/H/U/S/L/K | N915S/L/K | N916S/L/K)
--> Personal Notes <--
20230630 Release notes :
Hello again everyone, I have finalized the release, half of these changes were included in the last "test" release i posted, i had to postpone any releases due to my note 4 USB port dying on me, but now that it is all sorted i managed to debug and do some changes i wanted to finish.
Overall this release is more or less preparation for Android 12/13 if i ever get around to doing them, there was alot of missing upstream required in the kernel and adding them helped performance alot, and hopefully aid in fixing the random app crashes reported, CPU, Binder, Memory and few others have been upstreamed.
i have used my note 4 for few days with my main sim card in it, made alot of calls, tested various modes such as bluetooth calls and so on, and it has been solid, battery life sucks on performance mode, using low/balanced did help things a bit, but i would not say its excellent, the ROM is too demanding.
Few other minor notes, Audio, fingerprint in 3rd party apps, Vulkan GPU all got fixes, WiFi is more stable now regardless of NearbySharing settings, and i added support for MicroG, and S-PEN Palm rejection. i have listed everything in the changelog
Note : While now the phone runs the actual official CTS fingerprint, it fails to pass CTS, after some testing it seems that the official note 4 fingerprint is no longer being certified, unless im mistaken, To circumvent this, if you need CTS pass you must flash magisk and Kdrag0n SafetyNet Fix module.
SourceForge mirrors, Wiki and TWRP/Bootloader is all found here Head over to WiKi for instructions.
The main device repo contains bug reporting and tracking found here it is the most updated bug list page and you are able to provide your own bug reports there following the steps below.
Special and massive thanks to retiredtab for his contributions to the Exynos5433 project on the Galaxy Tablets!
Submitting new issues/Requests
- First read existing issues and the F.A.Q Below to ensure its not a duplicate/workaround
- Head over to universal5433 for logging and issue reporting guide
- provide as much info as possible and upload your logs on the forum
If you appreciate the effort behind this, don't hesitate to leave a thanks, provide constructive criticism and maybe consider a donation at my paypal
--> Known Bugs <--
- Footej and This GoogleCamera or Custom Opencamera XDA can record videos only
- Kernel is Permissive
- Microphone quality outside of calls is weak
- Issues Page
- My builds (3.7) WIth encryption support - XDA
- Latest Packages here
- Simple follow Install instructions , Make sure to enable Magisk Hide to restore SafetyNet functionality
- i recommend Magisk V23 + Magisk hide for most usage
- MicroG is supported as of 6/29/2023+ Builds
- Pick ARM > Android 11. No MicroG support currently
- Pick ARM Package
- Odin3 v3.13.3
- Glass Echidna
Source Code: github
BUG Tracker : github
Track changes on RefinedChannel : Telegram
Come hang with us on our chat : Telegram
This project is also hosted on SourceForge with links to ROM,s Recovery and Bootloader Packages.
--> Downloads <--
Lineage 18.1 (06/30/2023 - STABLE)
N910C/H (treltexx) MD5 : f6403c639dcde4b3650580f2c7bb44c5
N910S/L/K (trelteskt) MD5 1729e27b38e4a05c5d36c12904df48d9
N915SLK (tbelteskt) MD5 : c9fb827889f9509f33f79d2b5e9e810a
N916SLK (tre3calteskt) MD5 : ea15e2e82a82e6a7a9cb939f86df44ed
N910U (trhpltexx) MD5 : 3bb752e3285c2525cc7e4353d1f9a27a
SourceForge : Download
AFH : Download
--> Changelog <--
Lineage 18.1 Update (06/30/2023 - STABLE)
- S-PEN Palm Rejection Support
- MicroG Signature Spoofing Support
- Fix Tcp log spams
- Re-write and fix libinit device/fingerprint detection
- Fixed Previously broken CTS Fingerprint (Only Kdrag0n SafetyNet fix required now)
- WiFi Sleep and misc issues fixed (NearbySharing/P2P and random disconnection)
- WiFi Background scan support enabled
- Fixed CallRecording (Recorded Mic will be very quiet though)
- Update APN Config to latest Samsung Android 13 release
- Fixes to VoIP/3rdParty Calling low volume issues
- AudioHAL slight rework to work better
- Fix Vulkan GPU support which should reduce random app crashes
- Re-tune PowerProfiles once more
- Fix Biometrics Fingerprint in 3rd party apps (Magisk, Paypal etc)
- Fix overlays for WiFi Bands and disable unsupported MAC Randomization properly
- Fix KernelCPUThread missing cpu stat nodes
- synced with latest lineage source at June 2023
- Upstream Kernel CPUFREQ_Stats and UID_SYS_STATS to fix various ROM errors
- Upstream CPUFREQ_Interactive Driver to optimize Frequency balancing and improve performance
- Switch CPU Frequencies properly
- Fix few memory leaks in cpufreq stat
- Upstream ZRAM and misc MM drivers
- Upstream Android Binder Driver to help with random app crashes
- Merge misc Patches required for Android 11 to work properly
- Reduce RGBLED and Display aggressive logging
- Fix a GPU Driver bug that caused a soft crash in the kernel
- Overall Performance and memory improvements
Please try to log the crash using the guide at the bottom of this page https://github.com/universal5433/android_device_samsung_trelte-common
OK, I'm not sure what F-Auto-Root-tre3calteskt-tre3calteskt-smn916s.tar.md5 is..
I believe I'm having the same trouble on N916S. Rom doesn't boot, and I get it rebooted to recovery. Dec 2022 works but there were a few glitches.Likewise on my N916-L. I happened to have a N910K as well, which works fine with the latest iteration. So that makes it at least two of us, probably something N916-specific. Glad to know the Dec 2022 release works fine, I am off to download that binary!
EDIT: I am happy to report back that the Dec 2022 version works mostly, apart from random app crash when browsing through system settings. Since I am using the phone for car nav/hud/torque/tasker duty only, it doesn't bother me all that much.
Really? The dec 2022 version works ok for me, maybe because i do not have GApps.