• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Exynos S9+, need to flash vendor with Heimdall

Search This thread

stewa2jm

Aug 31, 2011
Grand Rapids
I simply can't find an answer anywhere as to what the command is. I've tired `heimdall flash --vendor vendor.img` and get this error:
Code:
Initialising connection...
Detecting device...
Claiming interface...
Setting up interface...

Initialising protocol...
ERROR: Failed to send data!Releasing device interface...

Youdoofus

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Feb 21, 2011
Sioux Falls, SD
Samsung Galaxy S9
I simply can't find an answer anywhere as to what the command is. I've tired `heimdall flash --vendor vendor.img` and get this error:
Code:
Initialising connection...
Detecting device...
Claiming interface...
Setting up interface...

Initialising protocol...
ERROR: Failed to send data!Releasing device interface...

why heimdall? get odin, drivers installed, system-wide ADB for good measure, a new download for whatever it is youre trying to flash, flash it, profit

Youdoofus

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Feb 21, 2011
Sioux Falls, SD
Samsung Galaxy S9
That is what I ended up doing. I also decided I'll never buy another Samsung device So many other choices with much less hassle.

im stuck with samsung until another company figures out how to make a payment system as slick as it is with SPay and the Gear S3 Frontier. I will hold on to this for as long as i can. SPay with the S3 > SPay on the Galaxy Watch

stewa2jm

Aug 31, 2011
Grand Rapids
im stuck with samsung until another company figures out how to make a payment system as slick as it is with SPay and the Gear S3 Frontier. I will hold on to this for as long as i can. SPay with the S3 > SPay on the Galaxy Watch

I remove all framework for paying with my phone (Google services and such), so having a Samsung device is not necessary. I'm more than likely switching to the Librem 5 phone and dropping the Android ecosystem as a whole.