• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Exynos Samsung note 4 overheating

Search This thread
Hi guys
I notice my note 4 overheating so bad after I flash a custom rom to it (Lineage 17)
I use hKtweak to check the cpu temp and it never stable at a reasonable temperature (for me, it is around 45 to 60)

The battery temperature is fine tho. Its stable at 40 degree and so but the cpu not fine the device not laging its super smooth even with these heat.

So anyone have any ideas or should I contact to the person who make this Lineage rom. Thanks ☺️

If you don't know Vietnamese, Cpu is cpu temp (of course :v) and Pin is the battery temp

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210911-221134_hKtweaks.png
    Screenshot_20210911-221134_hKtweaks.png
    228.1 KB · Views: 9

w41ru5

Jul 17, 2017
Hi guys
I notice my note 4 overheating so bad after I flash a custom rom to it (Lineage 17)
I use hKtweak to check the cpu temp and it never stable at a reasonable temperature (for me, it is around 45 to 60)

The battery temperature is fine tho. Its stable at 40 degree and so but the cpu not fine the device not laging its super smooth even with these heat.

So anyone have any ideas or should I contact to the person who make this Lineage rom. Thanks ☺️
after flashing a rom it's normal to have heat, the rom it's building the cache and has many things running
give it a day or two to settle
also
exynos 5433 is well known for its heating issues
so play less games or less time
use it as a phone more than a play station

where did you download the rom?

after flashing a rom it's normal to have heat, the rom it's building the cache and has many things running
give it a day or two to settle
also
exynos 5433 is well known for its heating issues
so play less games or less time
use it as a phone more than a play station

where did you download the rom?
It got hot during my daily basis.
I only play lightweight games like Geometry Dash but it can still get hot up to 90°c

And here is the link to the rom that I downloaded: https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/exynos-unofficial-lineageos-17-1-06-30-2021.3937956/

w41ru5

Jul 17, 2017
It got hot during my daily basis.
I only play lightweight games like Geometry Dash but it can still get hot up to 90°c

And here is the link to the rom that I downloaded: https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/exynos-unofficial-lineageos-17-1-06-30-2021.3937956/
try to limit the CPU freq by installing this
also maybe there's an app or more which are running in the background all the time
install BBS xda edition and leave it running for at least 1 day and see which apps are running more frequently
with root it's a bit better, it can catch more info/apps
does the device go in deep sleep? how's the battery?

Exynos 5433 is famous for it's hot behavior, especially if it's not tamed by a good kernel and/or tweaking of the kernel

also maybe there's an app or more which are running in the background all the time
install BBS xda edition and leave it running for at least 1 day and see which apps are running more frequently

Exynos 5433 is famous for it's hot behavior, especially if it's not tamed by a good kernel and/or tweaking of the kernel
Ok, I will download BBS and try that
And I always have to disable 4 big cores (core 5,6,7,8)

Hey bro, I got the report from BBS. Can u check what's wrong

Attachments

• Reports.zip
    76.8 KB · Views: 4
"install BBS xda edition and leave it running for at least 1 day"

can't really get good info after 3 minutes
how about today, after more than 1 day running?
get screenshots from Partial Wakelocks and Alarms too
Well, thank you for helping me but I found the problem by myself.

I tried to reflash the ROM but no luck. Then I started to disassemble the phone, use some iPhone repair techniques likes replacing detachable module like charging board. And you know what, after I replace the charging module and replace it from my broken Note 4 SM-N910P, the temperature dropped from 60°c down to 45°c

I hope this will help someone in the future 🙂

Reactions: w41ru5

w41ru5

Jul 17, 2017

I tried to reflash the ROM but no luck. Then I started to disassemble the phone, use some iPhone repair techniques likes replacing detachable module like charging board. And you know what, after I replace the charging module and replace it from my broken Note 4 SM-N910P, the temperature dropped from 60°c down to 45°c

well done, glad you solved it

Reactions: AsrieltheGoat

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    "install BBS xda edition and leave it running for at least 1 day"

can't really get good info after 3 minutes
    how about today, after more than 1 day running?
    get screenshots from Partial Wakelocks and Alarms too

well done, glad you solved it