• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[EXYNOS][UNOFFICIAL] LineageOS 17.1 06/30/2021

Search This thread

agtherluyd

Sep 23, 2020
Remember guys. It's all up to Anan. He's the one working his ass off doing exynos developement. He knows what he is doing and he will release the build when it's ready. Not a moment sooner. As these things go. Exynos was not supposed to even get nougat. But some miracle strings were pulled.

Try not to pressure the man. He's doing this all for free.. Maybe send him a coffee/beer. And be patient.. It will be ready when it's ready :)
There are people wanting the LOS 18.0 (Android 11), however, we are dealing with one of the first devices to have the Exynos as standard, and which at the time was an extremely complicated chip to develop ROMs, unlike the Snapdragons, which were standard in the note line until the 3.
We are lucky that someone still insists on such a complicated chip and try to develop a ROM, the device is from 2014, and is receiving a system from last year, developed by one person, with all the problems faced, we are still very lucky.
I'd rather they improve LOS 17.1 before going to 18, since from the 16-17 transition, everything was incompatible and was remade from scratch, we're almost at full stability, a little bit left, oh, many newer devices still haven't received Android 11 neither in official version nor in custom version.
We have to thank anan for insisting on this device, which must be a lot of work, happy for a new build, eager to test.

imglai

Jun 21, 2021
Hey @ananjaser1211 my phone is a recently processor changed N910H (old processor was N910F). Flashed the ROM, everything is fine; except the mobile data. When I tried to do the thing you said in the FAQ, It didn't switch when I clicked 3g (also the phone had 4g support before I updated to android 10) it also says "Disconnected" on choose a network setting. When I click on that, It just gives me a black screen and Automatically select network doesn't turn on. I live in Turkey if it helps. Thanks!

ananjaser1211

Recognized Developer / Recognized Contributor
Hey @ananjaser1211 my phone is a recently processor changed N910H (old processor was N910F). Flashed the ROM, everything is fine; except the mobile data. When I tried to do the thing you said in the FAQ, It didn't switch when I clicked 3g (also the phone had 4g support before I updated to android 10) it also says "Disconnected" on choose a network setting. When I click on that, It just gives me a black screen and Automatically select network doesn't turn on. I live in Turkey if it helps. Thanks!
Network selection crashes from time to time, some bug with lineage itself i haven't figured out yet, it takes few tries, eventually it will be changed to 3G, the video ive linked in the F.A.Q showcases the crash, and then it working.

you can skip all this workarounds by using RR-Q, which does not suffer from this issue on H models, i dont know why yet, but id love to implement that in lineage.

All builds are actually uploaded, ive yet to make the release post. ill do it in a bit

Reactions: Godel Chen

imglai

Jun 21, 2021
Network selection crashes from time to time, some bug with lineage itself i haven't figured out yet, it takes few tries, eventually it will be changed to 3G, the video ive linked in the F.A.Q showcases the crash, and then it working.

you can skip all this workarounds by using RR-Q, which does not suffer from this issue on H models, i dont know why yet, but id love to implement that in lineage.

All builds are actually uploaded, ive yet to make the release post. ill do it in a bit
Thanks for the reply @ananjaser1211 . I've looked at the comparison between Lineage and RR, and it said RR had more customizations. I don't like customizations. Is there a lite version or something with like, no customization options? Also, where do I find the latest modem & bootloaders?

ananjaser1211

Thanks for the reply @ananjaser1211 . I've looked at the comparison between Lineage and RR, and it said RR had more customizations. I don't like customizations. Is there a lite version or something with like, no customization options? Also, where do I find the latest modem & bootloaders?
A lite version of RR ? No, tho the customization aspect is fully optional, you can just ignore them,

Latest bootloader and modem can be found here https://drive.google.com/drive/u/0/folders/1mwljcCvVyCzrQZnTn4nfh35fYqit0WO0?direction=a

these are ODIN flashables, if/when i had the time ill make twrp flashable versions.

ananjaser1211

http-i-imgur-com-FEDeu-CH.png

LineageOS 17.1 for the Samsung Galaxy Note 4 (N910C/H/U/S/L/K | N915S/L/K | N916S/L/K)

--> Personal Notes <--
Builds for all variants have been updated, this release has been a WIP since April, ive done quite alot of changes for memory management, and added zRAM with LZ4 compression, to significantly improve our RAM situation.

Ive also fixed a broken sdfat driver that caused random reboots, and over all did a clean up of the kernel, removed old commits, updated some drivers, and more importantly, ive removed "ALL" custom GPU modifications, as they cause graphical issues in most games, and overheating, this means there no longer is an option to overclock/undervolt GPU. for now atleast.

finally, ive added a binary to help with N910H devices, which now allows them the option to go to settings > mobile networks > and pick 3G (full guide in F.A.Q) to fix SIM issues

Change-log wise this is a "small" update, but it hopefully addresses various stability problems, i have not done much work in audio tho, nothing ready for release, but i will be looking into that moving further.

Big thanks to @Fuadmoin , @ISoreo and @TrisTanster for a ton of help with testing

Submitting new issues/Requests
  • First read existing issues and the F.A.Q Below to ensure its not a duplicate/workaround
  • Download loggingkit and follow its guide from here
  • provide as much info as possible and upload your logs on the forum

If you appreciate the effort behind this, don't hesitate to leave a thanks, provide constructive criticism and maybe consider donating some "totally not illegal stuff" over at my paypal

TWRP (official builds also exist, i will update my builds later)
- My builds (3.3) - XDA

ROOT Method
Magisk
- Simple follow Install instructions , Make sure to enable Magisk Hide to restore SafetyNet functionality

Google Apps
Open GApps
- Pick ARM > Android 10. No MicroG support currently

Odin

- Odin3 v3.13.3

Heimdall
- Glass Echidna

--> Quick Notes about this project <--
  • ROM is stable for daily-usage.
  • Only the N910C version is tested by me.
  • All Exynos models support full functionality (Sim , calls etc)
  • For Stable Camera (Photo/Video) Use this GoogleCamera
  • Lineage 17.1 DOES NOT support dualboot patcher!
  • The kernel is fully customizable using HKTweaks by corsicanu: Github

--> Known Bugs <--
  • Footej and This GoogleCamera can record videos only
  • Encryption is broken
  • Kernel is Permissive
  • Audio is not always perfect
F.A.Q

Q: N910H wont detect SIM / network
A: This is due to it trying to force LTE, Go to settings > network > mobile networks And change preferred network type to 3G, then enable and disable Airplane Mode. Here is a Video by @mvrul2k20 to explain the procedure

Q : High Quality in instagram stories etc ?
A : You need to flash FakeDeviceInfo v2 magisk module (which means you need magisk) . when instagram detects our device, it sends low quality video, the patch tricks it into thinking our device is Galaxy tab which plays back max quality

Q : How to enable android 10 gestures
A : First you need to enable navigation bar (this will disable touchkeys) then go to gesture settings and enable full screen gestures

Q : Recommended camera app to use ?
A : This Google Camera : Download or Footej2 from the play store

Q : When registering FP, i dont see progress or vibration
A : It is fine, keep enrolling your finger, and at the end it will show you pass. this seems to only happen with first enrollment

Source Code: github

Track changes on RefinedChannel : Telegram
Come hang with us on our chat : Telegram

--> Downloads <--
Lineage 17.1 (6/30/2021 - STABLE)

N910C/H (treltexx) : AFH | MD5 : ac96cb3104b2e2b7a85fab8b6ce8ac06
N910S/L/K (trelteskt) : AFH | MD5 : ff84c1b4d4f4fdef8b0382efd1fe8fdc
N915SLK (tbelteskt) : AFH | MD5 : 79e104f0984b0cfa2f9ae88cdf42a42d
N916SLK (tre3calteskt) : AFH | MD5 : 6f1c70a84b40131281d519d659723625
N910U (trhpltexx) : AFH | MD5 : 31e4ef4ec43af360ecaac704f37ff6bb
Google Drive mirror : Download
FakeDeviceInfo v2 : GDrive | AFH (Read more about it in F.A.Q)

--> Changelog <--

- Sync GPS headers with exynos5420
- add patch for our old gps hal
- remove custom LMK stuff
- add ZRAM configs
- cleanup LMK
- add binary to detect device and set 3g/4g and proper codename/fingerprint
- support devices with engineering bootloader
- Remove problematic old commits from kernel
- re-do memfd and sdcardfs updates for Q
- backport zpool/zbud/zsmalloc and zRAM drivers
- Disable ZSWAP, and samsung swap (vnswap)
- Enable 1.5GB LZ4 ZRAM
- add proper LMK driver
- improve powerHAL frequency changing
- Downgrade sdfat driver to 2.0.6 to fix random reboots
- Add FreeForm multiwindow lineage patches

agtherluyd

Sep 23, 2020
Looking forward to testing this new build, thanks anan once again.
I was lucky on my phone having virtually no serious problems with the previous build, the almost 4 months was worth the wait, very little left for complete stability.
I plan to do a week of extensive testing, to see the limits of the build,I'm optimistic about this new release, the previous release was so good that made me leave the LOS 16 outright.
Just one detail, I can only install magisk until the 21.4, the last to have a native zip version, all magisk after the 22, gives error in installing, even doing the step by step site, easier for me to install 21.4 and then update in the APP itself, someone faced this problem?

Last edited:

ananjaser1211

Looking forward to testing this new build, thanks anan once again.
I was lucky on my phone having virtually no serious problems with the previous build, the almost 4 months was worth the wait, very little left for complete stability.
I plan to do a week of extensive testing, to see the limits of the build,I'm optimistic about this new release, the previous release was so good that made me leave the LOS 16 outright.
Just one detail, I can only install magisk until the 21.4, the last to have a native zip version, all magisk after the 22, gives error in installing, even doing the step by step site, easier for me to install 21.4 and then update in the APP itself, someone faced this problem?
Magisk no longer uses zips, instead APKs, just download magisk apk from here https://github.com/topjohnwu/Magisk/releases/tag/v23.0 then rename it from magisk.apk to magisk.zip (on your phone is fine) and then flash it via twrp

Reactions: agtherluyd

scamp258

Apr 28, 2020
Hello @ananjaser1211 . First of all, thank you for your work. I have the CQ model. I updated to the latest version last night. I installed the nano version of Gapps and Magisk. The restarting problem that I encountered frequently in the previous version seems to be completely resolved in this version. But in the latest version, I can hardly hear the other person's voice during phone calls. How can i solve this problem.

Reactions: kasper_sky23

agtherluyd

Sep 23, 2020
A day using the new build, the only thing I noticed differently, is that the battery consumption of this version is higher than the previous, I say that a 20-25% higher, in addition, I did not notice significant difference, maybe need to test with heavy apps, which required to use more GPU, since correction was made at that point.
The rest is equal to the previous build, very good, without serious problems.

ananjaser1211

Hello @ananjaser1211 . First of all, thank you for your work. I have the CQ model. I updated to the latest version last night. I installed the nano version of Gapps and Magisk. The restarting problem that I encountered frequently in the previous version seems to be completely resolved in this version. But in the latest version, I can hardly hear the other person's voice during phone calls. How can i solve this problem.
earpiece is lowered to avoid echo in calls. you can try and increase it a bit by editing system/vendor/etc/mixer_paths_0.xml
and increase the number in lines 436,437,438,439

<ctl name="HPOUT3 Digital Volume" value="124" />
<ctl name="HPOUT3L Input 1 Volume" value="32" />
<ctl name="HPOUT3L Input 3 Volume" value="32" />
<ctl name="HPOUT3L Input 4 Volume" value="32" />

to like , 130 , 40 40 40
A day using the new build, the only thing I noticed differently, is that the battery consumption of this version is higher than the previous, I say that a 20-25% higher, in addition, I did not notice significant difference, maybe need to test with heavy apps, which required to use more GPU, since correction was made at that point.
The rest is equal to the previous build, very good, without serious problems.
if it is near flashing, it is dalvik cache rebuild and other "optimizations" android does, give it some time it should stabilize, i removed GPU overclocking and other stuff as they caused too much heat and issues

also for now avoid using the battery profile slider in settings > battery as it seems to be buggy, and sets the phone to power saving, working on fixing that so expect a new build in a while
update 6/30/2021, very good, why are there notifications, phone not allowed for voice ( N910H )
im not sure what that means, did you switch to 3G mode as per the F.A.Q ?

Reactions: kasper_sky23

unicunic8

Dec 24, 2014
earpiece is lowered to avoid echo in calls. you can try and increase it a bit by editing system/vendor/etc/mixer_paths_0.xml
and increase the number in lines 436,437,438,439

<ctl name="HPOUT3 Digital Volume" value="124" />
<ctl name="HPOUT3L Input 1 Volume" value="32" />
<ctl name="HPOUT3L Input 3 Volume" value="32" />
<ctl name="HPOUT3L Input 4 Volume" value="32" />

to like , 130 , 40 40 40

if it is near flashing, it is dalvik cache rebuild and other "optimizations" android does, give it some time it should stabilize, i removed GPU overclocking and other stuff as they caused too much heat and issues

also for now avoid using the battery profile slider in settings > battery as it seems to be buggy, and sets the phone to power saving, working on fixing that so expect a new build in a while

im not sure what that means, did you switch to 3G mode as per the F.A.Q ?
apparently, I have to flash the modem again via odin for N910H

from what you shared:

thank you for helping

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    The last build is very good, few bugs, most of them do not bother me in normal use. About the Camera, I've gotten used to footej to the point of installing on the devices from here home, the only bug that can sometimes bother is the audio leak, with the headset connected, the sound sometimes does not come out through the headset, comes out through the speaker, just restart to solve the problem, this did not happen to me with Bluetooth headphones.

It happened to me very few reboots, however, very random, could not say what was the circumstance of the reboot, the battery is in normal use, the inaccurate indicator of the network signal still persists (marking empty, half or full), the previous build was more accurate.

Overall, I'm finding the build very good, in these 3 months that was released, for me it is very close to stability, I do not think we need an official label of LineageOS, and the unofficiais builds of XDA are already good, it is very little to be perfect.
    Oh wow i have not pushed the audio leak fix yet ? my bad guys...i assumed the public build is the one with encryption / audio leak fixes etc, i sure dropped the ball on that.

as a temporary solution, you could replace the library manually in your ROM.

Download this library, and copy it to "system/lib"` replacing the existing libaudioroute, you can use FX Explorer, or any root file explorer that can mount system as R/W (so most of them)

this will fix the issue that causes audio to leak out to speaker, and will increase audio route stability from/to calls and other scenarios.

the reboot sadly is a bit more cumbersome to fix manually, the previous post by @retiredtab does explain the process. the manifest file can be found at "system/vendor/etc/vintf/manifest.xml"
    I do not believe that the official seal of LineageOS will change much in relation to us, that we already have access to XDA, besides being impossible to achieve 100% stability with a new system and an old device, it is already 8 years from the release of the Note 4, today has hardware of an incoming mobile phone 2021, but fully functional

LineageOS helped many who like to explore the Android system to the limit, CyanogenMod who started all this, but LineageOS managed to expand facilitating the system ports, we have LineageOS up for Nintendo Switch, each time the LineageOS project tends to improve, especially for unofficial builds, that we can do whatever we want with the system, thanks to free Android and the easy tools of LineageOS
    Good news is, apparently the PIE clause was for something totally different, and we wont have issues with it, lineage member stricted explained to me what it meant.

but true, getting official status wont matter much. but i ofcourse it would be very rewarding and "cool" to manage to re-enlist what was previously a device dead on nougat.

i am still surprised that this thread is even still active, and that people still use the note 4. this is the main thing that keeps me motivated and working on this old device. the community is still here after all those years!

i am still surprised that this thread is even still active, and that people still use the note 4. this is the main thing that keeps me motivated and working on this old device. the community is still here after all those years!

The only annoying issue is finding decent batteries. Apart from that ... Nice construction, rewarding to the touch. Still beutiful display. Excellent audio DAC (which the N910F does not have) to wired headphones ... For some reason I am not entirely able to pinpoint exacty, this Note 4 is still a pleasure to use. Samsung is able to put forward some truly nice devices, only to let them die prematurely by not providing system and security updates. Kudos for going against programmed obsolescence.
    Oh wow i have not pushed the audio leak fix yet ? my bad guys...i assumed the public build is the one with encryption / audio leak fixes etc, i sure dropped the ball on that.

Download this library, and copy it to "system/lib"` replacing the existing libaudioroute, you can use FX Explorer, or any root file explorer that can mount system as R/W (so most of them)

this will fix the issue that causes audio to leak out to speaker, and will increase audio route stability from/to calls and other scenarios.

the reboot sadly is a bit more cumbersome to fix manually, the previous post by @retiredtab does explain the process. the manifest file can be found at "system/vendor/etc/vintf/manifest.xml"

Good news is, apparently the PIE clause was for something totally different, and we wont have issues with it, lineage member stricted explained to me what it meant.

but true, getting official status wont matter much. but i ofcourse it would be very rewarding and "cool" to manage to re-enlist what was previously a device dead on nougat.

Once again, thank you Anan for insisting on updating this device, which will be 8 years old soon. With the pandemic, semiconductor shortage and global crisis, I think a lot of people have bought used and older cell phones, as electronics prices are extremely overpriced.

Thanks for showing me the way to audio correction, but I'll wait for a new build as I'm using Note 4 as a secondary phone, more as an old game emulator and multimedia player, so I don't have the urge to mess with this, even more since I'm not a person who has advanced knowledge in Android system, I can perfectly wait for a new build, no problems.

I got used to using Footej, I like it, I don't miss the native 4K filming that the cell phone allows, it would be great to be able to shoot with 4K, but we know that because it was unheard of at the time, this system was very limited, for me, 1080p it's already great size.

My mom has a Note 3, and because it's Snapdragon, it has official LineageOS support, they're already on 18.0 (Android 11), but what I realized is that there's practically no change compared to 17.1, except to leave more slow, even the same bugs remain. I think Android 10 is the limit for these top-of-the-line devices from 2013/2014, they now have input hardware, maybe the 11 is too heavy or harder to carry, I returned my mother's cell phone to 17.1, it's flying the same or better than the original system.

As I've always said, I prefer you refine 17.1 so that then you just transfer the work to 18.0 without any problems, since it was an inconvenience for you to have lost all the work on the 16.0/17.1 transition, we're not in a hurry to switch to android anymore recent, whoever wants that, buy a new cell phone.

LOS is very close to being perfect for the Note 4, for me it's working very well, again, thanks to you and everyone involved. Hugs
    The only annoying issue is finding decent batteries.
    Search for "NOHON battery" - 12$ on AliExpress. I'm using a second such battery now - first one lasted for 3 years before degrading. These are of usual capacity (3220 mAh). Very reliable and good quality! Added a wireless charging receiver board from same seller too.

In case you are looking for an extended capacity I can recommend the Wubatec Extended (10000mAh advertised, 8500mAh actual) - tested and lasts for 4 days full-time usage, but device becomes really bulky. On the plus side - this seems to be the only extended battery for SGN4 that has NFC antenna built-in. Downside - you can't use the wireless charger with the extended battery.
    Search for "NOHON battery" - 12$ on AliExpress. I'm using a second such battery now - first one lasted for 3 years before degrading. These are of usual capacity (3220 mAh). Very reliable and good quality! Added a wireless charging receiver board from same seller too.

In case you are looking for an extended capacity I can recommend the Wubatec Extended (10000mAh advertised, 8500mAh actual) - tested and lasts for 4 days full-time usage, but device becomes really bulky. On the plus side - this seems to be the only extended battery for SGN4 that has NFC antenna built-in. Downside - you can't use the wireless charger with the extended battery.
    The first thing I did when I bought my Note 4 and my mom's Note 3 was to look for Batteries for them, on Aliexpress, I found NOHON, super well recommended, they work perfectly the same as the original, it's also the only brand that displays real capacity in mAh. I recommend everyone to use this brand.

LineageOS 17.1 for the Samsung Galaxy Note 4 (N910C/H/U/S/L/K | N915S/L/K | N916S/L/K)

--> Personal Notes <--
    20210630 Release notes :

Builds for all variants have been updated, this release has been a WIP since April, ive done quite alot of changes for memory management, and added zRAM with LZ4 compression, to significantly improve our RAM situation.

Ive also fixed a broken sdfat driver that caused random reboots, and over all did a clean up of the kernel, removed old commits, updated some drivers, and more importantly, ive removed "ALL" custom GPU modifications, as they cause graphical issues in most games, and overheating, this means there no longer is an option to overclock/undervolt GPU. for now atleast.

finally, ive added a binary to help with N910H devices, which now allows them the option to go to settings > mobile networks > and pick 3G (full guide in F.A.Q) to fix SIM issues

Change-log wise this is a "small" update, but it hopefully addresses various stability problems, i have not done much work in audio tho, nothing ready for release, but i will be looking into that moving further.

Big thanks to @Fuadmoin , @ISoreo and @TrisTanster for a ton of help with testing

Submitting new issues/Requests
    • First read existing issues and the F.A.Q Below to ensure its not a duplicate/workaround
    • Download loggingkit and follow its guide from here
    • provide as much info as possible and upload your logs on the forum

old release notes

03/08/2021Update : I have released N910U builds with full sim support, they are available in the download section Sim calls / Data and SMS were all tested. it should be at the same level of bugs as other models now

03/05/2021
    Alright i finally have time to release the next set of builds, i have done alot of work again on Audio to make it more stable.
    and other fixes overall for modem / sim. i have used it for the past 3 days with my sim in it, and its alright.
    i have also made a magisk module which you need to flash if you want high quality instagram (and other apps) video playback. all info in F.A.Q

I still have no idea how N910H will perform, so let me know if it works or not. if sim is buggy, try to manually force 3G APNs
    N910U Now can show baseband info but still will not load or detect simcards. so no progress there.

We are down to few bugs, i am going to try to tackle some boring tasks in the next releases, like selinux and encryption, i am hoping to get us enforced soon, and maybe encrypted. after that i will probably re-do all our device trees. in case we ever get all the bugs resolved, we might apply to lineage official

2/17/2021
    This batch of releases should hopefully address the random reboots and sim issues faced by many, i have also did entire audio from scratch, which would be fun to experiment on, i could not test it fully so i am going to expect that some calling scenarios might not work, would love to know about them.

i would like to also mention that the power management in this build has been re-done and settings > battery > profiles actually do use custom tunable similar to stock ROM, you may override the frequency i set for CPUs via HKTweaks but i personally think its better for over all stability and battery life

i should also mention that performance in general is miles better than both 16 and 17.1 builds of the past, as i found a big flaw in the kernel

over-all these set of builds carry a ton of improvements and fixes, and many missing commits that we should have had ages ago.

Enjoy and do let me know how it goes, to report any issues, follow the guide below on how to capture useful logs

2020 NOV
    Alright everyone, so i have taken the stable state of our lineage 16.0 trees and decided to just go for 17.1, i have basically observed the same bugs (wifi thing on idle, no video recording in default cam app and encryption) so figured it was worth it to just spend the extra time to upbring 17.1, i have noticed a ton of improvements myself, i dropped certain hacks, and repaired a bunch of stuff in the tree, and fixed some critical 16.0 bugs related to GPS, Wifi and a ton others. I hope you enjoy this release, and please let me know how it goes, i am basically down to 2 or 3 testers at this point as everyone i knew already left this device, and i personally suck at testing, i loaded my phone with gapps micro, nova prime launcher and my general social apps / debugging tools. and so far its solid, There are some additional notes make sure to read below regarding registering fingerprint, as it gets stuck but actually takes in the FP information.

regarding continuing 16 builds, i dont know honestly, the build server i use is already crowded and building for 5 devices is too much to handle, last 16 build might be the last for a while.

Hope you enjoy this release!

Also BIG WARNING : Dualbootpatcher is no longer a thing with 17.1, it wont work ,dont ask me for support. the tool is deprecated

Lineage 16 release notes :-

Alright, it took a lot of work and effort, but finally our device is running Android Pie in a state that is considered "usable" by myself and the testers. There is still a lot of room for improvement but for now the current C/H build is good enough. S/L/K and U builds will follow later after the C/H one is tested, and while i get myself a server.

This project is only possible due to the awesome people who helped me get my foot into AOSP development, which is very different from what I'm used to. In no particular order, our thanks to @Lunarixus , @ripee , @Stricted (especially for commits that fixed RIL) @tripLr , @bonuzzz and many others from various communities who helped indirectly by sharing their device trees on GitHub.

I will continue to work on Lineage 16.0 and hopefully Lineage 17.0 in the future. I am enjoying AOSP more than TW at the moment.
    Expect other flavors of AOSP Pie to come out. I was going to release Havoc but it seems to have a problem with incall UI when you install gapps, so I'm skipping it for now.

If you appreciate the effort behind this, don't hesitate to leave a thanks, provide constructive criticism and maybe consider donating some "totally not illegal stuff" over at my paypal

TWRP (official builds also exist, i will update my builds later)
    - My builds (3.3) - XDA

ROOT Method
    Magisk
    - Simple follow Install instructions , Make sure to enable Magisk Hide to restore SafetyNet functionality

Google Apps
    Open GApps
    - Pick ARM > Android 10. No MicroG support currently

Odin
    - Odin3 v3.13.3

Heimdall
    - Glass Echidna

Hope you enjoy this ROM!

• ROM is stable for daily-usage.
    • Only the N910C version is tested by me.
    • All Exynos models support full functionality (Sim , calls etc)
    • For Stable Camera (Photo/Video) Use this GoogleCamera
    • Lineage 17.1 DOES NOT support dualboot patcher!
    • The kernel is fully customizable using HKTweaks by corsicanu: Github

--> Known Bugs <--
    • Footej and This GoogleCamera can record videos only
    • Encryption is broken
    • Kernel is Permissive
    • Audio is not always perfect
    --> Credits <--

Thanks for the best testers you could wish for :
    @Fuadmoin for extensive N910S/L/K Testing
    @ISoreo for extensive N910C Testing
    ck on telegram for N910U testing
    @Voytec83 @claude96 @Enginyaman @MrNova @podiwadda @muddii_yasser @Mohelsayedplus @SypeR_ @exalented @Seemanthinis @clewisit

Downloads, Change-logs and F.A.Q Below
    Source Code:
    github

ROM OS Version: 10.x Pie
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.10.x
    ROM Firmware Required: Latest Bootloader/Modem and TWRP 3.3+
    Based On: Lineage OS 17.1

Version Information
    stable
    Stable Release Date: 2021-06-30
    Created 2019-06-09
    Downloads and changelogs

Track changes on RefinedChannel : Telegram
    Come hang with us on our chat : Telegram
    My TWRP (3.3.1-0) For all Galaxy Note 4 Exynos Variants : XDA

--> Downloads <--

N910C/H (treltexx) : AFH | MD5 : ac96cb3104b2e2b7a85fab8b6ce8ac06
    N910S/L/K (trelteskt) : AFH | MD5 : ff84c1b4d4f4fdef8b0382efd1fe8fdc
    N915SLK (tbelteskt) : AFH | MD5 : 79e104f0984b0cfa2f9ae88cdf42a42d
    N916SLK (tre3calteskt) : AFH | MD5 : 6f1c70a84b40131281d519d659723625
    N910U (trhpltexx) : AFH | MD5 : 31e4ef4ec43af360ecaac704f37ff6bb
    FakeDeviceInfo v2 : GDrive | AFH (Read more about it in F.A.Q)

Old Builds (Only on AFH)

Lineage 17.1 N910U Update (3/08/2021 - STABLE)
    N910U (trhpltexx) : AFH | MD5 : 331659c66e1dcd82ec0be81de7899bd6
    Google Drive : Mirror

Lineage 17.1 (3/05/2021 - STABLE)
    N910C/H (treltexx) : AFH | MD5 : a2da420d64b450988f5b23c61120bf07
    N910S/L/K (trelteskt) : AFH | MD5 : 762cef4d9353bfc9a0eed7e7b139db9e
    N915SLK (tbelteskt) : AFH | MD5 : da3924b4ceff4793bb5a7f9d10e3fca5
    N916SLK (tre3calteskt) : AFH | MD5 : ab09e57d034dc3dd5f94dd7b45d96f8d
    N910U ALPHA (trhpltexx) : AFH | MD5 : 8d610b1f348990850e527ba544d3d1f6
    FakeDeviceInfo : AFH (Read more about it in F.A.Q)

Lineage 17.1 (2/17/2021)
    N910C/H (treltexx) : AFH | MD5 : a04e33f9b9143a5e1bddf84b02da2425
    N910S/L/K (trelteskt) : AFH | MD5 : ce1a4711a2f9da5801c0a6ef6a2472e8
    N915SLK (tbelteskt) : AFH | MD5 : 09826bb4adba8e472f2d77dc337493eb
    N916SLK (tre3calteskt) : AFH | MD5 : 8c511737528abf6fdbf6576b77fed985
    N910U ALPHA (trhpltexx) : AFH | MD5 : 0694c9a1d3bc9da0c2037ce82b263244
    GoogleDrive Mirror : Download
    Calls patch : Download

Lineage 17.1 (11/23/2020)
    N910C/H (treltexx) : AFH | MD5 : e8de4fa2e53d21ab59c9524c2c09fec9
    N910S/L/K (trelteskt) : AFH | MD5 : d2b38f59afc461035f6723551d1716bd
    N915SLK (tbelteskt) : AFH | MD5 : b4cbf809ebdd176cb74bdd4294cbc79c
    N916SLK (tre3calteskt) : AFH | MD5 : 87da8b64428d52215149efdc0a4c06c9
    N910U ALPHA (trhpltexx) : AFH | MD5 : 030c8cfeb8412fb1ed594e3bc946445b

Lineage 16.0 (11/01/2020)
    N910C/H (treltexx) : AFH | MD5 : a09788f0384b7d10924acb1467603f48
    N910S/L/K (trelteskt) : AFH | MD5 : 48950d5032f0721d1e2bd892a61baf1f
    N915SLK (tbelteskt) : AFH | MD5 : 082461f5c5099aac5a200cb2100f48c9
    N916SLK (tre3calteskt) : AFH | MD5 : a61060895aae647b42b0107d1e50bc69
    N910U ALPHA (trhpltexx) : AFH | MD5 : 6221a2d991083778c502dd5764d6ebe9

->> Lineage 16.0 builds (10/19/2019)
    N910C/H (treltexx) : AFH | MD5 : 488840aca19725b0003f5d262da95b2f
    N910S/L/K (trelteskt) : AFH | MD5 : 04681665fa88a1c4eacd56e42067bd09
    N915SLK (tbelteskt) : AFH | MD5 : c7c975bd401f1e5a5a1ea3c7f8486631
    N916SLK (tre3calteskt) : AFH | MD5 : c72ec56a7f67d6d57ab78759f9375718

->> Lineage 16.0 builds (10/10/2019)
    N910C/H (treltexx) : AFH | MD5 : c26c8cedf315398c002c4c7629eb2b56
    N910S/L/K (trelteskt) : AFH | MD5 : 0b7cf4305d160f7a42c5d5342c1a74cb
    N915SLK (tbelteskt) : AFH | MD5 : 0a302764053ce8e1ef666a3f34e97698
    N916SLK (tre3calteskt) : AFH | MD5 : a91239b9335bc79231a1ec2bc8e5572c

--> Changelog <--

Lineage 17.1 Update (6/30/2021 - STABLE)

- Sync GPS headers with exynos5420
    - add patch for our old gps hal
    - remove custom LMK stuff
    - add ZRAM configs
    - cleanup LMK
    - add binary to detect device and set 3g/4g and proper codename/fingerprint
    - support devices with engineering bootloader
    - Remove problematic old commits from kernel
    - re-do memfd and sdcardfs updates for Q
    - backport zpool/zbud/zsmalloc and zRAM drivers
    - Disable ZSWAP, and samsung swap (vnswap)
    - Enable 1.5GB LZ4 ZRAM
    - add proper LMK driver
    - improve powerHAL frequency changing
    - Downgrade sdfat driver to 2.0.6 to fix random reboots
    - Add FreeForm multiwindow lineage patches

Lineage 17.1 N910U Update (3/08/2021 - STABLE)
    - Fix simcard recognition
    - Fix mobile data
    - Fix voice call verbs and scenarios
    - Now fully functional Sim calls, 3rd party calls, SMS and mobile data

Lineage 17.1 (3/04/2021 - STABLE)

- Fix modem startup on N910C/H/U that caused random reboots and sim issues overtime
    - improve modem stability and fix a bug that caused the phone to panic if you unlock it fast after boot
    - Enable Full screen gestures (See F.A.Q for how to enable)
    - Replace custom fingerprint service with stock AOSP one
    - Disable camera debugging and custom params that cause issues
    - Rework media profiles to improve camera video quality in gcam
    - Fix media performance issues to fix playback issues (Read F.A.Q for quality fix for instagram)
    - Remove buggy AptXHD bluetooth codec and keep Aptx only
    - Rework DRM service for full L1 support (No secure L1 playback yet)
    - Disable absolute volume to fix bluetooth audio issues
    - Add Wifi/Gps wakelock group to prevent issues on long uptimes
    - More fixes to disable buggy P2P/WiFi Direct spam
    - use low-end video profiles for smoother playback in some apps
    - Add back and fix missing NFC
    - Massive Audio rework to fix issues listed below :-
    - Fix calls on earpiece, speaker, bluetooth and headphones for C/H/S/L/K
    - Fix microphone issues on speaker calls
    - Fix microphone issues on video calls
    - Fix bluetooth call issues on all models
    - Fix an issue that caused headphone volume to leak from speaker
    - Fix an issue that caused earpiece to work when doing bluetooth calls
    - Add custom workaround to fix no incall volume and other audio routing when you boot muted

Old releases changelogs

Lineage 17.1 (2/17/2021)

- set default gpu clock to 600mhz to fix instability
    - add FB notifier for power hal
    - reduce mobicore logging
    - fix HMP up/down tune to fix performance issues
    - disable P2P Spam
    - add support for lineage/twrp recoveries in the device tree
    - add odex optimizations
    - let aosp only compile the needed resources for our DPI
    - add RAM pinner and pin SystemUI, graphics and runtime to RAM
    - organize ramdisk into vendor
    - add FastCharging hidl to turn on / off fast charging in settings
    - add improved SQLITE overlays for app database optimization
    - add custom max_volume warning for headphones
    - remove guard that made flipflap (sview) not compile on korean variants
    - build custom powerHAL
    - add stock interactive profiles in powerHAL (balanced, performance and power saving)
    - let the powerHAL manage CPU FREQ for all 3 modes and use stock powersaving freqs for max clocks
    - overall powerHAL now has real management now and multiple tunable presets
    - remove camera param debugging that clutter logs
    - rebrand our custom hardware HALs into universal5433
    - enable vibration intensity control in settings for some options
    - update calling overlays and signal overlays
    - organize app overlays in device tree
    - add some props for HWC
    - add mali gpu props
    - fix-up core services startup in ramdisk
    - let zram go across all 1.5GB of swap
    - add AOSP RCS packages
    - disable NFC debugging
    - properly override AOSP APNS
    - remove outdated configs and features from tree
    - add fixes for random reboots
    - update and improve audio hal / policy
    - add basic support for audio cancelation (not fully working yet)
    - re-organize stock aosp audio effect support
    - fully reworked audio mixers
    - redo mic quality / gains for all mics including headphone mic
    - redo verbs and channels for audio recording
    - reduce and remove clutter from mixers and update the used paths for speaker/earpiece and heaphones
    - let camera use both left and right microphones when recording
    - remove useless BT code and try to improve stability in media (untested in calls)
    - commonize mixers_path for all variants

NOV 24 limited Test build changelog
    - Fix OpenCL and Vulkan devices
    - Improve UI performance and scrolling
    - Disable loggy script to not fill /cache and cause issues. use adb for debugging
    - Add fixes for bluetooth SCO (calls)
    - Switch to better dalvik-heap config
    - expose our opencl and vulkan devices to apps
    - properly set max surface buffers to avoid lag over time
    - Fix APN issues that broke LTE , 3G on some phones
    - Fix Bluetooth stability issues / stuttering
    - Increase proximity detection range to match stock
    - overall graphics and UI improvements

Lineage 17.1 (11/23/2020

- Rebased trees and update to lineage 17.1 running android ten
    - resolved an issue that broke GPS + RIL Connection and affected GNSS Locking
    - Updated widevine and implemented clearkey to match modern devices with netflix playback support (requires magisk hide + reboot and some time to show up on the store)
    - Updated kernel net driver significantly to resolve connectivity issues
    - Remove broken/unsupported WiFi display that caused severe draining
    - Fixed Fingerprint for android Q (read F.A.Q For more details)
    - Allow direct booting from offline charging mode
    - Added logging service to help with user debugging (When facing issues zip me /cache) read F.A.Q if you want to disable it
    - Improve network scanning for RIL
    - Improve graphics performance
    - Early boot system for faster booting speeds
    - Include official lineage power HAL which works better on our phones
    - Apply fixes for media playback that required hacks previously
    - and everything else Android ten brings!

Lineage 16.0 (11/01/2020).

ROM :-
    - Updated to latest lineage sources with October 2020 Patch
    - Switched to new BSP to compile most blobs (including video , display etc) big thanks @Stricted
    - build and update OMX from BSP to resolve many codec issues
    - Fix graphical glitches / issues during games (pink stuff)
    - remove unused shims from the trees and do general cleanup
    - update GPS shim and and improve its stability
    - implement MultiHAL Sensors wrapper to resolve rotation and other sensor issues
    - Disable broken CPUSETS
    - update WiFi Configs and disable broken wifi features
    - update TCP and other throughput configs
    - Fix spammy P2P wifi logging
    - bring back argosd service to fix slow WiFi / lag when downloading (tested upto 260mbps)
    - Fixes to Wifi during Doze
    - build open source bluetooth blobs with some call fixes
    - update and adjust SWAP rates and switch to ZRAM
    - disable nearby service by default which makes wifi unstable when bluetooth is active
    - use second mic when using speaker calls to avoid echos
    - other misc mixer and audio changes
    - Disable GPU errors caused by unsupported screen fade effect
    - Fix Front camera in stock/3rd party
    - fixed video recording in footej camera and its quality to 1080p
    - Fix headphone mic one more time
    - Add workaround for muted incall audio

Kernel :-
    - Remove broken wakelock controls
    - implement devfreq boost driver by @Lunarixus
    - update LMK driver to resolve issues with memory leaks
    - properly kill GPU DVFS control from the driver
    - adjust GPU interactive governor
    - Fix an issue that made the GPU stuck at 100% utilization with min frequencies (this also resolved serious lag issues)
    - bring back stock input booster settings (to maintain decent performance).

Lineage 16.0 (10/19/2019)

1- Fixed low quality video in instagram/twitter and so on by fixing AVC decoder (And encoder was improved)
    2- Fixed offline charging animation
    3- inline encryption with stock (untested)
    4- Tons of fixes to WiFi, will remain working when screen is off, and more stable in games (and enabled background scan/batched scan)
    5- Generally improved the quality of video playback / recording (to inline with stock)
    6- LowMemoryKiller tweaks added that should help with the memory leak issue
    7- Enabled burn-in protection
    8- Added some fixes for mediaserver and made it more stable (It will crash less often now, but it will if you try hard enough)
    9- Many changes to ramdisk to fix missing nodes (NFC, DVFS, GPS And sensors)
    10- Adjust LowBattery warns (to inline with stock)
    11- fix some errors in miracast so it works more often
    12- Entire rework to the GPU to fix Graphical glitches, crashes and many more to heavy games (PUBG, CSR, COD etc)
    13- Removed 100mhz GPU clock, set default min 266, max 600 as stock, removed 800mhz overclock option (Max is 730)
    14- Sync with latest lineageOS source
    15- And other misc changes to fix performance and battery in general

Lineage 16.0 (10/10/2019)

Cumulative changes from all the previous test versions
    1- Re-work Audio fully with a new mixer_path based on stock tinyucm conf
    2- Fix call echo in all scenarios (3rd party calls not tested)
    3- restore stock gains (the ones we had were all over the place)
    4- fix headphone mic in 3rdpaty apps and in calls
    5- add missing wideband/narrowband scenarios
    6- update the lineage audio hardware hal
    7- restore mic level to stock without hurting voice recorders
    8- Fix memory issues (with improved LowMemoryKiller and swap)
    9- fix random shutdowns due to low memory after long useage
    10- Set the minimum GPU frequency to 160
    11- Set the GPU to be always online (due to lack of HWC, this fixes performance issues)
    12- reduce the effect of touch booster to save battery
    13- Disable swipe-up gestures
    14- Massive liveDisplay fixing (ColorProfile , Displaymode (Night/day) , Color temperature , Outdoor mode And color calibration support)
    15- Other performance improvments
    16- Improvments to calls by reverting some broken changes
    17- removed AudioFX (Qcom only)
    18- added lineage vibration hal
    19- removed custom gnss hal that wasnt needed
    20- more fixes to GPS
    21- slight changes to sensors
    22- built healthd hal (still no offline charging)
    23- enabled and fixed HWC
    24- added a prop that helps with performance
    25- Fixed NFC so it no longer ****s everything up when its turned off (and now can be turned on without also ****ing said things up)
    26- other misc changes you can see in git
    27- Fixed all HWC leaks (therefore you shouldnt have random reboots anymore)
    28- Disabled always_on GPU for better battery saving
    29- Animations and layers will have improved performance
    30- removed a workaround that delayed boots
    31- critical kernel changes to remove many workarounds we had by :
    32- updated sdcardfs driver to remove legacy stuff
    33- updated sdfat driver and enabling it for exFAT
    34- updated EXT4 driver and using it for EXT2/3 instead of dedicated drivers for both
    35- updated USB and ADB so we dont need legacy stuff anymore
    36- updated and enabled F2FS Driver (support not tested)
    37- patch a ion leak
    38- updated wireless/wifi driver to remove the need for workarounds
    39- Added back AudioFX as it works
    40- DRM changes
    41- default hotspot name
    42- fixes to rotation sensor (it works fine with/without location enabled here, but if it as slow, enable location)
    43- remove duplicated tether config
    44- fix nfc config
    45- Updated powerprofiles
    46- slight changes to meda and camera set for the future
    47- synced with latest lineage sources

TLDR : tons of fixes, better performance and having an actual usable phone.

Lineage 16.0 (9/21/2019)
    1- Full hardware video playback (no lag even on 1080p60 playback)
    2- LiveDisplay enabled (color mode changing) with more features to be added later
    3- updated and enabled back ambient and aod (not fully tested yet)
    4- added and updated APN and SPN configs
    5- improvments to camera and include camera2 instead of snap
    6- fix a mic bug that introduces artifacts in audio recording
    7- OMX and media fully redone based on herolte
    8- Rotation sensor should be more robust now
    9- few changes to spen
    10- Bluetooth range and issues fixed
    11- improve RIL for SLK variants
    12- Fix NFC issues on N916 variants
    13- improvments to NFC on intl variants
    14- set default color mode to cinema for vivid colors
    15- Removed a binary that caused SLK variants to over-heat
    16- latest lineageOS sources
    17- compiled stable builds for N910SLK|N915SLK|N916SLK
    18- overall the build is more responsive and stable due to MFC/OMX fixes

Lineage 16.0 build (9/16/2019)

1- Fixed Video playback for 3rd party apps
    2- Youtube and other social media apps will no longer freeze randomly
    3- fixed an issue that took a toll on performance
    4- over all the rom will be noticeably smoother

Lineage 16.0 initial build (9/14/2019)

1- Updated and reworked the tree all together
    2- A decent powerHAL modded to N4
    3- Bluetooth APTX errors resolved
    4- Fully fixed RIL (no workarounds needed)
    5- Entire Kernel has been built from scratch
    6- New binder, sdcardfs, and WiFi drivers
    7- all the features of HeliosKernel built it and customizable
    8- Updated brightness tables to conform with stock
    9- removed ugly workarounds and hacks
    10- Audio much more stable
    11- stock APN , TCP configs and much more
    12- Added more LED modes
    13- Added AOD and ambient display support that kinda works
    14- updated most libs and shims
    15- built lineage trust and touch HALs
    16- enabled gesture support
    17- enabled smart pixels for ROMs that support it
    18- And tons of other changes covered in the github source
    F.A.Q And Notes

Q: N910H wont detect SIM / network
    A: This is due to it trying to force LTE, Go to settings > network > mobile networks And change preferred network type to 3G, then enable and disable Airplane Mode. Here is a Video by @mvrul2k20 to explain the procedure

Q : High Quality in instagram stories etc ?
    A : You need to flash FakeDeviceInfo v2 magisk module (which means you need magisk) . when instagram detects our device, it sends low quality video, the patch tricks it into thinking our device is Galaxy tab which plays back max quality\

Q : Korean variants (S/L/K) have tube / robotic audio in calls
    A : this bug is unfixable for now as those models rely on stock audio hardware effects to fix this issue, but we cant use that and open source H/W does not support them

Q : How to enable android 10 gestures
    A : First you need to enable navigation bar (this will disable touchkeys) then go to gesture settings and enable full screen gestures

Q : Recommended camera app to use ?
    A : This Google Camera : Download or Footej2 from the play store

Q : When registering FP, i dont see progress or vibration
    A : It is fine, keep enrolling your finger, and at the end it will show you pass. this seems to only happen with first enrollment

Q: Whenever I try flashing any lineage- build, I get the following error in TWRP: Updater process ended with ERROR: 7
    A: Update your TWRP to 3.2.3 or higher available Here or newer

Q : Device is too warm
    A : After first boot that is common, let the phone finish setting up and cool down

Q : How to get google apps ?
    A : Go to Opengapps.org . Select ARM > 10 > [your choice] and flash opengapps*.zip after the ROM.zip

Q : How to get Root ?
    A : Flash Magisk Root From Here

Q : How to tune the kernel ?
    A : use HKTweaks app from @corsicanu : Github
    Lineage OS 16 [ 9-15-2019 ]

LineageOS 16.0 for the Samsung Galaxy Note 4 (N910C/H)

--> Personal Notes <--
    Alright, it took alot of work and effort, but finally our device is running Android Pie in a state that is considered "usable" by myself and the testers, There is still alot of room for improvement but for now the current C/H build is good enough. S/L/K and U builds will follow later after the C/H one is tested, and while i get myself a server.
    This project is only possible due to the awesome people who helped me get my foot into AOSP development, which is very different from what im used to, in no particular order, Thanks @Lunarixus , @ripee , @Stricted (especially for commits that fixed RIL) @tripLr , @bonuzzz and many others from various communities who helped indirectly by sharing their device trees on github.

I will continue to work on Lineage 16.0 and hopefully Lineage 17 in the future. i am enjoying AOSP more than TW at the moment.
    expect other flavors of AOSP Pie to come out, i was going to release Havoc but it seems to have a problem with incallui when you install gapps. so im skipping that for now.​

if you appreciate the effort behind this, dont hesitate to leave a thanks, provide constructive criticism and maybe consider donating some "totally not illegal stuff" over at my paypal

--> Downloads <--
    Lineage 16.0 initial build (9/14/2019) : AndroidFileHost [LATEST]
    MD5 : 068ef21df78c22e43035dbf710f815e0

--> Changelog <--
    Lineage 16.0 initial build (9/14/2019)
    1- Updated and reworked the tree all together
    2- A decent powerHAL modded to N4
    3- Bluetooth APTX errors resolved
    4- Fully fixed RIL (no workarounds needed)
    5- Entire Kernel has been built from scratch
    6- New binder, sdcardfs, and WiFi drivers
    7- all the features of HeliosKernel built it and customizable
    8- Updated brightness tables to conform with stock
    9- removed ugly workarounds and hacks
    10- Audio much more stable
    11- stock APN , TCP configs and much more
    12- Added more LED modes
    13- Added AOD and ambient display support that kinda works
    14- updated most libs and shims
    15- built lineage trust and touch HALs
    16- enabled gesture support
    17- enabled smart pixels for ROMs that support it
    18- And tons of other changes covered in the github source

• Starting from Lineage 16.0 , we enter Stable stage.
    • only the N910C/H versions are tested by myself
    • And only the C/H versions are available for now
    • Dualboot patcher support is added, install this rom as primary as always.
    • The kernel is fully customizable using HKTweaks by corsicanu : Github

--> Known Bugs <--
    • AVC Encoder/Decoder is broken, therefore Stock camera app (and possibly some 3rd party cameras) will not record video. Use Footej Camera instead
    • OMX is not that stable in general, expect youtube to hang sometimes at anything above 720P
    • Hardware composer is broken, meaning we will fall back to GPU rendering for layers (possibly more lag and drain)
    Few words to say.

Our device is beyond capable in the right hands. This is something to look for in the far future when lineage 17 is more stable. obviously its extremely early for Q, as we are the 3rd or 4th Exynos SOC to boot it yet, and for the first time we actually ran lineage before the snapdragon variants. so there is that W

This is thanks to help directly and indirectly from stricted and lunarixus, great guys both of them.

Our device wont die on Pie