[EXYNOS][GalaxyNote4][N910C/U/H/S/L/K][TWRP 3.7.0_9] Galaxy Note 4 Custom Recovery (07.28.2021)

Search This thread

ananjaser1211

Recognized Developer / Recognized Contributor
Ae08b8N.png

Unofficial~ish TWRP 3.7.0_9 For Galaxy Note 4 Exynos

Disclaimer:
Code:
I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards, thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed.
Please do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this recovery before flashing it!
YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you (not really but you get the point).

Notes:
This is latest twrp as of the date of the post, it comes with the updated kernel from our lineage project, and it has support for encryption (no decryption yet as we are on a samsung), ive decided to make a thread for the recovery since i dont have edit access on the others, It is currently "unofficial", which is confusing as i am the maintainer, but i can only change it to official when my trees and up at the twrp repository and they run a build for this version.

Ignore this block if you dont care about encryption:
This recovery version is mandatory if you want to use encryption in the future lineage builds! please note that you must do a Wipe> Format Data > Type "yes" if you are using this version for the first time, this is required so the TWRP creates a DATA (internal storage) partition with the correct parameters and disk space to allow for encryption to work. if you skip this step, encryption is unlikely to work, Do note that once you encrypt in lineage OS, data will be unreadable by any twrp version, until you perform a format again (otherwise encryption is useless). currently this TWRP does not have the ability to Decrypt your data, only the ROM is capable of doing that. for complicated reasons that might get solved some day in the future, but not today.

Downloads
:
So How do i install this ?
Through Odin :

1. Download : Odin (Sourced from Here)
  2. Download and install Samsung Drivers (Sourced from Official Samsung)
  3. Download TWRP_*.tar from the github link corresponding to your device (.TAR and NOT .IMG)
  4. Switch off the phone
  5. Use Home+Volume Down+Power to enter Download Mode and connect the device to usb
  6. Open Odin and tick autoreboot in "options" tab. Also make sure that your device is detected
  7. Put TWRP_*.tar.md5 file into AP tab
  8. Click Start
  9. When Odin shows "PASS" At the precise moment the screen becomes black, immediately press the "Home" + "Vol. UP" + "Power to enter TWRP (This is done incase the stock rom tries to replace TWRP with stock recovery)
  10. If it didn`t work, redo the steps from #4 and be more careful this time.
Through existing TWRP :
  1. Download TWRP_*.img (.IMG and NOT .TAR)
  2. Copy it to your phone storage
  3. Press install then Install image
  4. navigate to the downloaded *.img file, select it
  5. select to flash as recovery (RECOVERY and NOT BOOT)
Sources used :
Device Tree : Treltexx | Trelteskt | Tbelteskt | Tre3calteskt | Trhpltexx
Kernel : universal5433
TWRP : Twrp-7.1-Minimalist
Wiki Guide : SourceForge

Credits:

Last edited:

imglai

Jun 21, 2021
Is the flashing order: TWRP, modem and bootloader, lineageos, gapps, magisk?

ananjaser1211

Recognized Developer / Recognized Contributor

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Ae08b8N.png

Unofficial~ish TWRP 3.7.0_9 For Galaxy Note 4 Exynos

Disclaimer:
    Code:
    I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards, thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed.
    Please do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this recovery before flashing it!
    YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you (not really but you get the point).

Notes:
    This is latest twrp as of the date of the post, it comes with the updated kernel from our lineage project, and it has support for encryption (no decryption yet as we are on a samsung), ive decided to make a thread for the recovery since i dont have edit access on the others, It is currently "unofficial", which is confusing as i am the maintainer, but i can only change it to official when my trees and up at the twrp repository and they run a build for this version.

Ignore this block if you dont care about encryption:
    This recovery version is mandatory if you want to use encryption in the future lineage builds! please note that you must do a Wipe> Format Data > Type "yes" if you are using this version for the first time, this is required so the TWRP creates a DATA (internal storage) partition with the correct parameters and disk space to allow for encryption to work. if you skip this step, encryption is unlikely to work, Do note that once you encrypt in lineage OS, data will be unreadable by any twrp version, until you perform a format again (otherwise encryption is useless). currently this TWRP does not have the ability to Decrypt your data, only the ROM is capable of doing that. for complicated reasons that might get solved some day in the future, but not today.

Downloads
    :
    So How do i install this ?
    Through Odin :

1. Download : Odin (Sourced from Here)
    2. Download and install Samsung Drivers (Sourced from Official Samsung)
    3. Download TWRP_*.tar from the github link corresponding to your device (.TAR and NOT .IMG)
    4. Switch off the phone
    5. Use Home+Volume Down+Power to enter Download Mode and connect the device to usb
    6. Open Odin and tick autoreboot in "options" tab. Also make sure that your device is detected
    7. Put TWRP_*.tar.md5 file into AP tab
    8. Click Start
    9. When Odin shows "PASS" At the precise moment the screen becomes black, immediately press the "Home" + "Vol. UP" + "Power to enter TWRP (This is done incase the stock rom tries to replace TWRP with stock recovery)
    10. If it didn`t work, redo the steps from #4 and be more careful this time.
    Through existing TWRP :
    1. Download TWRP_*.img (.IMG and NOT .TAR)
    2. Copy it to your phone storage
    3. Press install then Install image
    4. navigate to the downloaded *.img file, select it
    5. select to flash as recovery (RECOVERY and NOT BOOT)
    Sources used :
    Device Tree : Treltexx | Trelteskt | Tbelteskt | Tre3calteskt | Trhpltexx
    Kernel : universal5433
    TWRP : Twrp-7.1-Minimalist
    Wiki Guide : SourceForge

Credits:
    Reserved for whatever reason
    Is the flashing order: TWRP, modem and bootloader, lineageos, gapps, magisk?
    TWRP incase you are on older than 3.3

Modem and BL package are optional, you should flash them if you are running very old ones, refer to https://sourceforge.net/p/galaxy-note-4-exynos/wiki/Bootloaders and Modems/ for instructions

Linage OS + Gapps (bitGapps or Open Gapps)

perform a successful boot then flash Magisk if you want root
    TWRP-3.7.0_9 Has been released at the appropriate links.

• N910C/H (Treltexx) : Github
    • N910U (Trhpltexx) : Github
    • N910S/L/K (Trelteskt) : Github
    • N915S/L/K (Tbelteskt) : Github
    • N916S/L/K (Tre3calteskt) : Github
    Also mirrored at SourceForge along side wiki