• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

EyeballSDK.cfg?

Search This thread

ehupp01

Aug 5, 2010
I have this on the root of my storage and I have no idea what it is or does. There is also a folder EyeballSDKLogs. Am I the only one?

Last edited:

ehupp01

Aug 5, 2010
ss555.png

Last edited:

Golf c

Jan 4, 2015
Thats from some app you downloaded. I definitely don't have that. Did you download a VOIP app or messaging app? Verizon Pixel?

Last edited:

mistajay209

Nov 2, 2016
I was looking at my file explorer and noticed this too.
Do you have any VR applications installed?
Do you have any SDK installed?
Do you dl music/ movies etc?
Any unknown sources downloaded?
Or visit sites like Bluelight/DMT nexus/pill reports/shroomery/ Stuff like that?
How about Skype?
Sorry this is literally a new pop up and im noticing alot of the questions about this have been posted recently. please answer as detailed and turthfully as possible

damnmachine

Mar 22, 2011
Washington, D.C.
Anyone come up with any more information on this? Just came across it on my own phone today. Google search turns up a few other posts about it but no info on what it is. I am suspicious that it *might* be associated with the DirecTV app because I just downloaded it today and then happened to notice that folder in / with a last modified timestamp of today. Other than that I have nothing to go on.

ritchiedc

Jan 18, 2009
After deleting, it was consistently recreated shortly after rebooting. Using this behavior and after much trial and error I found that if I disabled storage permissions for the Directv app it would not be recreated. I don't know yet if it has an adverse effect on the app to leave the permission disabled. I wonder if it is related to the app's commication with the receiver since many of the references to eyeball sdk when googled are related to messaging. Just a thought with no hard evidence.

Feb 4, 2017
About the file EYEBALLSDKLogs. I just got the Samsung S7 and also the Galaxy Tab E on promo deal, but my husband and I both have S5 Actives that we have used for a little over 2 years now. Best phones we've owned BTW! Any who, before downloading any apps to either one of the new ones, I of course played with them a couple of days to get used to the features and see what was new. Tab E is pretty much a big version of S7 phone. They both had this new file that stuck out like a sore thumb considering the name of the file is a bit funny, but this file hasn't ever been on our other devices and we had the different messaging apps, I had a couple VR apps but deleted Ayer a few days & this particular file has never shown up. I did notice the DIRECTTV App was already pre-installed on the S7 and Tab E so it's very likely that's were this file is coming from. I just don't understand why after using the Directtv App it shows the file size with 50mb instead of 00.0 before use, but no extensions to the file when I click on it. I did delete it but as soon as I opened the DirectTv app, Viola' it's back.

---------- Post added at 08:37 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:34 AM ----------

Anyone come up with any more information on this? Just came across it on my own phone today. Google search turns up a few other posts about it but no info on what it is. I am suspicious that it *might* be associated with the DirecTV app because I just downloaded it today and then happened to notice that folder in / with a last modified timestamp of today. Other than that I have nothing to go on.

About the file EYEBALLSDKLogs. I just got the Samsung S7 and also the Galaxy Tab E on promo deal, but my husband and I both have S5 Actives that we have used for a little over 2 years now. Best phones we've owned BTW! Any who, before downloading any apps to either one of the new ones, I of course played with them a couple of days to get used to the features and see what was new. Tab E is pretty much a big version of S7 phone. They both had this new file that stuck out like a sore thumb considering the name of the file is a bit funny, but this file hasn't ever been on our other devices and we had the different messaging apps, I had a couple VR apps but deleted after a few days & this particular file has never shown up. I did notice the DIRECTTV App was already pre-installed on the S7 and Tab E so it's very likely that's were this file is coming from. I just don't understand why after using the Directtv App it shows the file size with 50mb instead of 00.0 before use, but no extensions to the file when I click on it. I did delete it but as soon as I opened the DirectTv app, Viola' it's back.

Reactions: CZ Eddie

Useonceanddestroy71

Dec 3, 2017
Similar files

Had similar files on my stock LG tribute HD. Undoubtedly picked them up after getting greedy and down loading free cracked/nodded app not from playstore. Found this searching. Idk but it appears to be a p2p, remote client app. Have not checked Hybrid Analysis site for review yet but will.
*cannot post link as this is my first xda post. The site that has the developers description is slides hate.net eyeball-messenger-sdk-v100
Woukd like to hear input as this raises concerns and is suspicious in nature. Thanks

Justme123abc

Jan 11, 2018
Hello, I just wanted to chime in and say thay I think it has something to do with the Directv app. The DVR portion in particular. I noticed when I tried viewing my dvr on the app, it had a quick view feature and it must have created that folder because I noticed mine after I was messing around with the Directv app.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    A Google search indicates it may (or may not) be related to Eyeball Chat.
    Do you have any video chat on your phone?
    Maybe some online based school apps?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eyeball_Chat

Eye don't have it on my phone.
    Get it.
    Eye don't have it.
    After deleting, it was consistently recreated shortly after rebooting. Using this behavior and after much trial and error I found that if I disabled storage permissions for the Directv app it would not be recreated. I don't know yet if it has an adverse effect on the app to leave the permission disabled. I wonder if it is related to the app's commication with the receiver since many of the references to eyeball sdk when googled are related to messaging. Just a thought with no hard evidence.
    I do have vr camera installed. Not much else. I deleted the folder and file to see if they pop up again.
    About the file EYEBALLSDKLogs. I just got the Samsung S7 and also the Galaxy Tab E on promo deal, but my husband and I both have S5 Actives that we have used for a little over 2 years now. Best phones we've owned BTW! Any who, before downloading any apps to either one of the new ones, I of course played with them a couple of days to get used to the features and see what was new. Tab E is pretty much a big version of S7 phone. They both had this new file that stuck out like a sore thumb considering the name of the file is a bit funny, but this file hasn't ever been on our other devices and we had the different messaging apps, I had a couple VR apps but deleted Ayer a few days & this particular file has never shown up. I did notice the DIRECTTV App was already pre-installed on the S7 and Tab E so it's very likely that's were this file is coming from. I just don't understand why after using the Directtv App it shows the file size with 50mb instead of 00.0 before use, but no extensions to the file when I click on it. I did delete it but as soon as I opened the DirectTv app, Viola' it's back.

---------- Post added at 08:37 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:34 AM ----------

About the file EYEBALLSDKLogs. I just got the Samsung S7 and also the Galaxy Tab E on promo deal, but my husband and I both have S5 Actives that we have used for a little over 2 years now. Best phones we've owned BTW! Any who, before downloading any apps to either one of the new ones, I of course played with them a couple of days to get used to the features and see what was new. Tab E is pretty much a big version of S7 phone. They both had this new file that stuck out like a sore thumb considering the name of the file is a bit funny, but this file hasn't ever been on our other devices and we had the different messaging apps, I had a couple VR apps but deleted after a few days & this particular file has never shown up. I did notice the DIRECTTV App was already pre-installed on the S7 and Tab E so it's very likely that's were this file is coming from. I just don't understand why after using the Directtv App it shows the file size with 50mb instead of 00.0 before use, but no extensions to the file when I click on it. I did delete it but as soon as I opened the DirectTv app, Viola' it's back.