F/S Brand new 2150mah HTC Extended Battery

chdrummerdude

Sep 30, 2009
yes the battery fits the hero, and you are also correct in needing a different battery cover. The battery is about the same thickness as a seidio 3500 so you could probably get a cover for one of those and then have an actual htc extended battery for your phone. I have two of these batteries by the way.

chawski

Jun 13, 2010
someone correct me if im wrong, but i believe the evo and the hero share the same 1500mah battery. if it doesnt fit the evo, im a little skeptical it fits the hero. if you could take a pic of the battery in a hero showing the stock battery cover fits with it, ill take it

chdrummerdude

Sep 30, 2009
someone correct me if im wrong, but i believe the evo and the hero share the same 1500mah battery. if it doesnt fit the evo, im a little skeptical it fits the hero. if you could take a pic of the battery in a hero showing the stock battery cover fits with it, ill take it
You are correct the hero and evo do share the same 1500mah battery. But the htc 2150mah doesn't register with the evo so the evo will not charge the battery. They work just fine in a Touch pro 2 and a Hero. the reason i bought these batteries cause i knew the hero 1500mah batteries work just fine in the evo. so i bought these which were listed as extended batteries for the hero and touch pro 2. The battery fits and powers my evo just fine, but since the battery doesn't register with the phone it wont charge it. If i put the batteries in an external charger they work in my evo perfectly(annoying). THESE FIT MY EVO, SO THERE FOR IT WILL FIT YOUR HERO!!!! YOU WILL NEED AN BIGGER BATTERY DOOR AS THESE ARE AT LEAST TWICE THE SIZE OF THE 1500MAH!!!!! BATTERY IS ABOUT THE SAME SIZE AS A SEIDIO 3500 EXTENDED BATTERY!!

Included some more pics. Left batt. is a rebranded seidio 3500mah, middle is the 2150mah htc battery, right is the stock evo battery.

Attachments

Last edited:

chawski

Jun 13, 2010
sorry, didnt see in the 3rd post where you said you need a bigger battery cover, hence why i was under the impression it would fit. id like to keep my otterbox case so im gonna pass, but thanks, great price

ScrapSilicon

Feb 24, 2011
Hell's Gate
Why not just get an external charger and have it fully charge it for your EVO? ;) Either way, GLWS. Cheers.
unlike the heroc taking the back cover off and back on an evo truly sucks..lotsa little tabs..used my heroc to charge up some extended batteries w/ ext covers I'd bought for a few friends evos then watched the remove and replace process..ugly it was but the ext batts work wonderfully for a heavy user. glws

chdrummerdude

Sep 30, 2009
once i get the money and if this is still for sale i'll buy it :D
I still have both! so i don't think it will be a problem. Not much interest in these for some reason. But like I said $15 per battery is pretty good. lol If there not gone soon im gonna start posting these in the other part of the forums. This battery fits a boat load of older htc phones.

spartan711

Aug 26, 2010
I would buy it as soon as someone finds a back cover that I could use with my hero. I don't know where to get a back cover like that, and I don't feel like trying to find it, I doubt I would. With that battery all my battery issues would go away lol.