Development [f22][RECOVERY][UNOFFICIAL] TWRP 3.6.11 Recovery for F22 4G (SM-E225F/DS)

Search This thread

Akhil99

Oct 6, 2015
Mysore
twrp-1-jpg.5535139

I would like to thank TeamWin for their amazing work!

I saw that the newer Samsung MediaTek phones were not getting any sort of love, so I bought one myself to kick start the development.

I have already made TWRP for M32 & A41 and thought why not add support for a sister device.

KEEP IN MIND THIS IS A BETA BUILD, expect bugs!

TWRP is the obvious choice as it is reliable and trustworthy with frequent updates and patches.

INSTALLATION:

Odin Method (Windows):
Step 0: Unlock Device Bootloader by toggling the OEM Unlock option in Developer Options. Device will reboot to Odin mode and will prompt you to long press volume up, device will then unlock bootloader and perform a complete factory reset so make sure to backup any data.
Step 1: Download the unofficial TWRP image from the link attached below.
Step 2: Put the device in Odin download mode by holding VolumeUp+VolumeDown and inserting USB cable after the device is completely shut down.
Step 3: Select the downloaded recovery.tar in AP slot and vbmeta_disabled_R.tar in USERDATA slot, connect the device to PC, go to options and untick "Auto-Reboot"
Step 4: Click START and the Device will get flashed, Odin will say SUCESS!.
Step 5. Exit Download mode by holding VolumeDown+PowerButton and then immediately boot
into Recovery mode by pressing VolumeUp+PowerButton.
Step 6: Congratulations, you have installed TWRP latest for your F22 4G, to access the system now, you need to perform some additional steps.
Step 7: Open up TWRP terminal and then type in "multidisabler" and then perform a full factory reset again by going into "Wipe" -> Format Data -> type "yes"
Step 8: Now stock ROM should work fine with TWRP!

Heimdall Method (Linux):
Step 1: Install heimdall tool on linux , google it.
Step 2: Put the device in Odin download mode by holding VolumeUp+VolumeDown and inserting USB cable after the device is completely shut down.
Step 3: Open up terminal in the downloaded TWRP directory, extract twrp image from recovery.tar
Step 4: Enter the command "heimdall flash --RECOVERY recovery.img --no-reboot" where twrp.img is name of the downloaded image
Step 5. Exit Download mode by holding VolumeDown+PowerButton and then immediately boot
into Recovery mode by pressing VolumeUp+PowerButton.
Step 6: Congratulations, you have installed TWRP latest for your F22 4G, to access the system now, you need to perform some additional steps.
Step 7: Open up TWRP terminal and then type in "multidisabler" and then perform a full factory reset again by going into "Wipe" -> Format Data -> type "yes"
Step 8: Now stock ROM should work fine with TWRP!

COMPATIBILITY:
TWRP Recovery is compatible with latest Android 11 firmware
tested on:

E225FXXU4AVB1 by @sunmughan thank you bro.l

First time you boot into TWRP, don't forget to backup your EFS, Secondary EFS and NVRAM! Go into Backup and select "EFS,", "Secondary EFS" and "NVRAM" and backup to preferably MicroSDcard and copy it to your PC in case you need it if IMEI corrupts.
DON'T IGNORE THIS STEP!

All kernel source and device tree below!
Device Tree:
TWRP Device Tree
Kernel Tree: TWRP Kernel Tree

DOWNLOADS:
VBMETA DISABLED FOR R: MEGA LINK
TWRP TAR: MEGA LINK

afrojanoon

Dec 31, 2019
First off, the twrp itself boots. But I couldn't find "System" or "Super" in erase section. I am not sure how useful it will be if I can't erase that before flashing another image.

I am getting:
E:Unable to unlock /dev/block/mmcblk0p42 for flashing: (null)
This error is not from TWRP itself. He just didn't unmount the partitions first. That's all. I didn't get the error when I dismounted first. Without dismounting, I see 16 unable to unlock errors.

Update: Another setback, TWRP can't flash super images. Only way would have been to use fastboot which is botched by uncle sam. Any other way to flash gsi images to this?

Last edited:
Reactions: fermi6-626

fermi6-626

May 20, 2022
This error is not from TWRP itself. He just didn't unmount the partitions first. That's all. I didn't get the error when I dismounted first. Without dismounting, I see 16 unable to unlock errors.
Actually, The errors persists even after I unmount the partitions before flashing.

The errors are there whether I mount or unmount the partitions(at least for my device), but the correct procedure is unmounting before flashing.

But I couldn't find "System" or "Super" in erase section. I am not sure how useful it will be if I can't erase that before flashing another image.
Beats me.

[edit: /system partition is by default always unmounted before flashing a zip]

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    First off, the twrp itself boots. But I couldn't find "System" or "Super" in erase section. I am not sure how useful it will be if I can't erase that before flashing another image.

I am getting:

Update: Another setback, TWRP can't flash super images. Only way would have been to use fastboot which is botched by uncle sam. Any other way to flash gsi images to this?

I am getting: