• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Question F3 dead after flashing error.

Search This thread

muil

Feb 12, 2021
I got an error at the begining of the flash, something like "too many files opened" and stop flashing. I aborted the process and now my f3 is dead, black screen, not recovery or fastboot. Windows desn't detects anything. Some help would be appreciated.

• Sad
Reactions: Gurkut

Skynet75

Dec 15, 2017
I am afraid you must put your F3 in EDL mode(Google it) basically it involves shorting of two pins in the phone to activate the EDL mode, you need to remove the back panel for that. After you put your phone in edl mode it will be recognised by your pc and you can restore it from there
1634926487105.png

Reactions: ApexPrime

Skynet75

Dec 15, 2017
Once you put the device in EDL mode you can use a fastboot rom to reflash the device, I have done this to Mi A1 which was in similar situation as described above.

Skynet75

Dec 15, 2017
Once you put the device in EDL mode you can use a fastboot rom to reflash the device, I have done this to Mi A1 which was in similar situation as described above

muil

Feb 12, 2021
Once you put the device in EDL mode you can use a fastboot rom to reflash the device, I have done this to Mi A1 which was in similar situation as described above
Thx a lot, I've been reading about edl connection but didn't find this info. My doubt now is to do this and lost my waranty or send it to SAT and asume the risk to be charged. 🤔

Skynet75

Dec 15, 2017
Thx a lot, I've been reading about edl connection but didn't find this info. My doubt now is to do this and lost my waranty or send it to SAT and asume the risk to be charged. 🤔
If it's under warranty give to the store they may repair it for free(possibly change the whole motherboard), if it's not under warranty or if they charge you with some insane amount try to go to a third party repair shop ask them to open the back panel and ask them to put it in edl mode and reflash it(if they don't know how to do it, just get the phone opened and do the other steps yourself). I am asking you to visit a third party store to open up the phone because the back panel is glass (glass is glass and glass breaks if not removed properly)

Rstment ^m^

Aug 19, 2018
In future don't flash xiaomi.eu with fastboot...

I remember reading that it overwrites critical partitions during flashing , there's a high likelihood to fk stuff up with that , use twrp instead

Reactions: alispeedsport

muil

Feb 12, 2021

I remember reading that it overwrites critical partitions during flashing , there's a high likelihood to fk stuff up with that , use twrp instead
Well...I flashed xiaomi.eu on this phone a cuple of times by fastboot before twrp was ready and everything went ok. The difference this time is my PC was overloaded with other tasks and the error "many files opened" I got, make me think this could be de cause.

muil

Feb 12, 2021
If it's under warranty give to the store they may repair it for free(possibly change the whole motherboard), if it's not under warranty or if they charge you with some insane amount try to go to a third party repair shop ask them to open the back panel and ask them to put it in edl mode and reflash it(if they don't know how to do it, just get the phone opened and do the other steps yourself). I am asking you to visit a third party store to open up the phone because the back panel is glass (glass is glass and glass breaks if not removed properly)
Finally I will send it to Xiaomi service. It looks easy the EDL method but as you say I would probably break the back cover. I'm crossing fingers to not be charged.

noobstyle1337

Nov 22, 2013
OnePlus 7T
Hello I think I can help them I had the same problem
I had the Android 12 DP 5 Flashed by Munchy's Youtube channel

I had them running well until the day before yesterday but when I got up in the morning it told me that update is installed I should reboot
wtf what for update it sucked the update for the Pixel 5 and installed it I thought
ok reboot via ADB in fastboot boot ......and EDL Mode ....

then I researched and found this nice gentleman ..... I got in touch via whatsapp and the next day he did it.... it cost me 35 Euros but I think it's better than buying a new one

I give his data if someone has a problem I would try it here

I hope I could help someone else

Last edited:

muil

Feb 12, 2021
Hello I think I can help them I had the same problem
I had the Android 12 DP 5 Flashed by Munchy's Youtube channel

I had them running well until the day before yesterday but when I got up in the morning it told me that update is installed I should reboot
wtf what for update it sucked the update for the Pixel 5 and installed it I thought
ok reboot via ADB in fastboot boot ......and EDL Mode ....

then I researched and found this nice gentleman ..... I got in touch via whatsapp and the next day he did it.... it cost me 35 Euros but I think it's better than buying a new one

I give his data if someone has a problem I would try it here

whatsapp +91 76449 33731

I hope I could help someone else
But what did he do or what did you do by his guidance to fix it?

Last edited:

Rstment ^m^

Aug 19, 2018
But what did he do or what did you do by his guidance to fix it?
@ABHIROOP90

Download telegram and message this guy .

He does it for maybe 7-10$ ...

That's what he told me at least , some users say he's legit but you'll have to pay and see for yourself.

Don't know if you can't do edl by yourself as some say you need edl authorised account

That's if you want edl... But if you open the device you'll have troubles getting warranty 100% if the edl fails for whatever reason.

I'd go and give it to warranty myself...

Last edited:

noobstyle1337

Nov 22, 2013
OnePlus 7T
@ABHIROOP90

Download telegram and message this guy .

He does it for maybe 7-10$ ...

That's what he told me at least , some users say he's legit but you'll have to pay and see for yourself.

Don't know if you can't do edl by yourself as some say you need edl authorised account

That's if you want edl... But if you open the device you'll have troubles getting warranty 100% if the edl fails for whatever reason.

I'd go and give it to warranty myself...
I didn't have to open my Poco If you hang in EDL mode then you can also press 20 sec power then the Edl mode restarts and then you can flash

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Well...I flashed xiaomi.eu on this phone a cuple of times by fastboot before twrp was ready and everything went ok. The difference this time is my PC was overloaded with other tasks and the error "many files opened" I got, make me think this could be de cause.
    I am afraid you must put your F3 in EDL mode(Google it) basically it involves shorting of two pins in the phone to activate the EDL mode, you need to remove the back panel for that. After you put your phone in edl mode it will be recognised by your pc and you can restore it from there
    1634926487105.png
    Once you put the device in EDL mode you can use a fastboot rom to reflash the device, I have done this to Mi A1 which was in similar situation as described above.