• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Question F3 dead after flashing error.

Search This thread

Rstment ^m^

Aug 19, 2018
used a laminated card to remove the backcover. didnt break it. took my time to safety get under the adhesive . for the edl test points i used a tweezer that worked fine. basically i used stuff i already had at home easily accessible
Heat , you're forgetting the most important part lol.

Heat the phone at 80C long enough and the back cover can be pulled off whole without any issues....

I used to bake the phone in the oven at 80C for 10 minutes , take it out and I can pull screen or back over out whole just by attaching sucker to it and pulling gently while it's still hot. ( I don't do this anymore as I last time damaged oled screen... I don't think the heat killed it , I think placing the phone screen down on top of the metal grills did... )

Next time I'll be buying heat gun those are like 20$ , heat the back long enough then it will just slide off

Feb 11, 2017
Samsung Galaxy M51
Heat , you're forgetting the most important part lol.

Heat the phone at 80C long enough and the back cover can be pulled off whole without any issues....

I used to bake the phone in the oven at 80C for 10 minutes , take it out and I can pull screen or back over out whole just by attaching sucker to it and pulling gently while it's still hot. ( I don't do this anymore as I last time damaged oled screen... I don't think the heat killed it , I think placing the phone screen down on top of the metal grills did... )

Next time I'll be buying heat gun those are like 20$ , heat the back long enough then it will just slide off
lol actually i removed it without using any heat lol. but ig it will help some people

Rstment ^m^

Aug 19, 2018
lol actually i removed it without using any heat lol. but ig it will help some people
Your method will probably work too...

Xiaomi did shet job of manufacturing this phone... Whereas heat is a necessity for any other phone to be opened this one is falling apart by itself lol

I noticed my back cover glue starting to get undone maybe a month after the purchase...

By now the gap between is so visible that I believe just using a fingernail I'll be able to pry the cover off... The camera module is already rocking and making noise when I touch it , it most likely will fall off within a year or two...

Reactions: TormentedHeart

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    In future don't flash xiaomi.eu with fastboot...

I remember reading that it overwrites critical partitions during flashing , there's a high likelihood to fk stuff up with that , use twrp instead
    Well...I flashed xiaomi.eu on this phone a cuple of times by fastboot before twrp was ready and everything went ok. The difference this time is my PC was overloaded with other tasks and the error "many files opened" I got, make me think this could be de cause.
    I am afraid you must put your F3 in EDL mode(Google it) basically it involves shorting of two pins in the phone to activate the EDL mode, you need to remove the back panel for that. After you put your phone in edl mode it will be recognised by your pc and you can restore it from there
    1634926487105.png
    Once you put the device in EDL mode you can use a fastboot rom to reflash the device, I have done this to Mi A1 which was in similar situation as described above.
    Once you put the device in EDL mode you can use a fastboot rom to reflash the device, I have done this to Mi A1 which was in similar situation as described above
    Thx a lot, I've been reading about edl connection but didn't find this info. My doubt now is to do this and lost my waranty or send it to SAT and asume the risk to be charged. 🤔
    In future don't flash xiaomi.eu with fastboot...

I remember reading that it overwrites critical partitions during flashing , there's a high likelihood to fk stuff up with that , use twrp instead