Question f3 users power management ic bug?

Search This thread

fireclouu

Jan 31, 2019
photo1660536251.jpeg

steady 100% overnight while playing for 5 hours, thats not good i think

My story before I got into this mess:
I received my phone as a christmas gift to myself on January 2022

I really want to remove those bloatwares so obviously I'll unlock its bootloader and flash custom roms. I tested every roms available on a whole month of february and stayed for xiaomi.eu since I want the feels of miui but not the global one.

So far so good and im happy with eu rom until 22.8.10 update.

August 12, lunchbreak at work I decided to push some updates on my device. After flashing I still have almost 70-60% , I used it until 10%, after charging it my phne constantly loops at fast-charging animation and low power warning. I thought my cables were faulty or the charger plug itself. I didnt do anything and after a while it was okay.

about an hour later it just reboots itself, constantly powering on and off, unable to start itself, and after a while, i think 4-6 unsuccessful reboots and it fixes itself.

I just slept for a day not noticing anything. The morning I woke up, this is where i notice omething strange happen with my battery stuck at 100% even using some battery intensive apps before going to bed, looked up at battery stats and saw it stays constant for 16 hours.

I thought might be a bad update then I factory reset the phone. Still sitting at 100. I flashed previous version. No changes. This is the point I worried. I downloaded that 5 gigabyte fastboot rom of poco f3 global and still no signs of luck, I even choose to lock bootloader , still the same issue.

After collecting some infos, someone on TG said it might be related to PMIC breaking things up, ahardware-related issue.

Anyone having this? Thanks

Reactions: cyanGalaxy

Zinnz

Aug 13, 2013
There can be bugs on the weekly builds. Use the stable builds if you don't want to deal with potential bugs

Reactions: fireclouu

fireclouu

Jan 31, 2019
There can be bugs on the weekly builds. Use the stable builds if you don't want to deal with potential bugs
i even rollback to global stock rom , same results, maybe ill bring my phone to service center, it may be an isolated case

Attachments

• Screenshot_2022-08-16-06-52-07-882_com.miui.securitycenter.jpg
    Screenshot_2022-08-16-06-52-07-882_com.miui.securitycenter.jpg
    265.8 KB · Views: 28

Zinnz

Aug 13, 2013
i even rollback to global stock rom , same results, maybe ill bring my phone to service center, it may be an isolated case
I wouldn't go to a service center unless it's a hardware issue. You should be able to fix it, it just may take awhile of trial and error. you already have more knowledge than the average service center tech when it comes to flashing roms and whatnot, they're just wanna send it away most likely.

Also, could you summarize the issue you're having? It will increase your chances of someone replying with a potential fix :)

fireclouu

Jan 31, 2019
I wouldn't go to a service center unless it's a hardware issue. You should be able to fix it, it just may take awhile of trial and error. you already have more knowledge than the average service center tech when it comes to flashing roms and whatnot, they're just wanna send it away most likely.

Also, could you summarize the issue you're having? It will increase your chances of someone replying with a potential fix :)
i thought so too about flashing and stuff yeah xda rules!

but this one im not sure but it was not the usual software issue. I tried jumping from every roms i know, eu, lineage, arrow and still stuck at 100%

I also tried reverting it back to fastboot global stock roms, even the old ones and still facing the same issue

im now looking at flashing my device on edl mode. I remember my old phone I have redmi 5a, I got broken sensors due to jumping from xiaomi.eu to stock rom, even fastboot roms wont help, and the only thing fixes the sensors back to normal was edl mode flashing.

but edl mode is a pain when it comes to pocof3 , it needs to short some test points and to have authorize mi accounts just to get it done

but this one im not sure but it was not the usual software issue. I tried jumping from every roms i know, eu, lineage, arrow and still stuck at 100%

I also tried reverting it back to fastboot global stock roms, even the old ones and still facing the same issue

im now looking at flashing my device on edl mode. I remember my old phone I have redmi 5a, I got broken sensors due to jumping from xiaomi.eu to stock rom, even fastboot roms wont help, and the only thing fixes the sensors back to normal was edl mode flashing.

but edl mode is a pain when it comes to pocof3 , it needs to short some test points and to have authorize mi accounts just to get it done
There are Deep Flash Cables, I don't know if those work on Poco F3..

Zinnz

Aug 13, 2013

Just wanna ask a few questions to exclude them

Have you tried using a different USB cable /different USB port on your pc?

Have you tried entering recovery and factory reseting the phone before a new Rom flash?

Have you tried factory reseting the phone via settings after a new Rom flash, and after the phone boots up?

If you do think it's a hardware issue, it couldn't hurt to flash to stock and see what service center / xiaomi can do. I just wouldn't mention anything about the whole flashing business lol. But yeah, they might swap it out for ya best case scenario. But might be without a phone for awhile :/

Rstment ^m^

Aug 19, 2018
Xiaomi Poco F3
View attachment 5686001

I really want to remove those bloatwares so obviously I'll unlock its bootloader and flash custom roms. I tested every roms available on a whole month of february and stayed for xiaomi.eu since I want the feels of miui but not the global one.

August 12, lunchbreak at work I decided to push some updates on my device. After flashing I still have almost 70-60% , I used it until 10%, after charging it my phne constantly loops at fast-charging animation and low power warning. I thought my cables were faulty or the charger plug itself. I didnt do anything and after a while it was okay.

about an hour later it just reboots itself, constantly powering on and off, unable to start itself, and after a while, i think 4-6 unsuccessful reboots and it fixes itself.

I just slept for a day not noticing anything. The morning I woke up, this is where i notice omething strange happen with my battery stuck at 100% even using some battery intensive apps before going to bed, looked up at battery stats and saw it stays constant for 16 hours.

I thought might be a bad update then I factory reset the phone. Still sitting at 100. I flashed previous version. No changes. This is the point I worried. I downloaded that 5 gigabyte fastboot rom of poco f3 global and still no signs of luck, I even choose to lock bootloader , still the same issue.

After collecting some infos, someone on TG said it might be related to PMIC breaking things up, ahardware-related issue.

How did you flash new firmware? Via PC? If yes reflash it again then proceed with stepa below ( When flashing select clean all , you don't need to lock bootloader just yet so don't select lock )

You need to enter bootloader mode ( Power on phone while holding volume down , then type fastboot reboot bootloader. You must do it like this! Just holding volume down doesn't enter bootloader , instead it enters a stripped down version of it... Don't know what it's called... )

Reboot phone after doing this , if battery still isn't fixed flash back to stock , lock bootloader and go to service center. Don't even bother with anything else , pmic is supposed to reset when you enter bootloader ( Maybe it even resets in stripped bootloader but just to be safe do enter true boatloader like described above ) . If it isn't fixed it's likely a hardware issue

fireclouu

Jan 31, 2019
yup i thought my cables are faulty so i borrow other cable thats also come from xiaomi
Have you tried entering recovery and factory reseting the phone before a new Rom flash?
done that too, I formatted the device before flashing it again, only dirty flash on eu update, after my issue arises ive done clean flash, does also too before reflashing stock rom on fastboot
Have you tried factory reseting the phone via settings after a new Rom flash, and after the phone boots up?
done as well, even on stock rom, i also lock my bootloader just to be sure, but still at 100%

one thing I also did was manually flashing persist but it wouldnt let me in, I tried also on recovery terminal, via orangefox, and twrp.

tried flashing persist manually too using
Code:
dd
, output says it pushed successfully but I dont think so. fastboot disabled flashing persist, needs edl mode.

fireclouu

Jan 31, 2019
How did you flash new firmware? Via PC? If yes reflash it again then proceed with stepa below ( When flashing select clean all , you don't need to lock bootloader just yet so don't select lock )

You need to enter bootloader mode ( Power on phone while holding volume down , then type fastboot reboot bootloader. You must do it like this! Just holding volume down doesn't enter bootloader , instead it enters a stripped down version of it... Don't know what it's called... )

Reboot phone after doing this , if battery still isn't fixed flash back to stock , lock bootloader and go to service center. Don't even bother with anything else , pmic is supposed to reset when you enter bootloader ( Maybe it even resets in stripped bootloader but just to be safe do enter true boatloader like described above ) . If it isn't fixed it's likely a hardware issue
oh this is new to me, okay ill try bootloader, wish me luck flash it rn

fireclouu

Jan 31, 2019

didnt fixed too, i even booted to fastbootd tried flashing there but boot_ab inaccessible, only in normal fastboot

fireclouu

Jan 31, 2019
i want to do edl mode flashing but some encryption needed, even at qfil cant flash the thing, needs to modify prog files and crack it

i want to do edl mode flashing but some encryption needed, even at qfil cant flash the thing, needs to modify prog files and crack it
I had to flash a ROM through EDL Mode once (I hardbricked my phone). I had to pay someone on Telegram with an Authorised Xiaomi Service Center Account 25€ and it did work.

So... it seems to be locked by Xiaomi. Apparently to stop people from importing phones from China and flashing Global ROM on them.

fireclouu

Jan 31, 2019
I had to flash a ROM through EDL Mode once (I hardbricked my phone). I had to pay someone on Telegram with an Authorised Xiaomi Service Center Account 25€ and it did work.

So... it seems to be locked by Xiaomi. Apparently to stop people from importing phones from China and flashing Global ROM on them.
xiaomi fked up the system now blackmarket abuse this kind of restrictions

Rstment ^m^

Aug 19, 2018
Xiaomi Poco F3
What are we even talking about anymore?
You'll pay 20$ for edl that likely won't do anything, you're just delaying inevitable. If pmic is not reset via bootloader ( fastboot reboot bootloader ) that's where you start thinking it's hardware issue.

What do u even wanna flash? Open stock ROM folder and enter folder called images on pc - look what's inside, persist, cust, boot everything is in there and was flashed already...

Just take your phone to service center while you still can , if under warranty keep requesting new motherboard . They'll likely try battery replacement first.

If it's not under warranty then ok play around as much you feel the need to , it just makes no sense to beating your head with all of this when warranty covers it

fireclouu

Jan 31, 2019
You'll pay 20$ for edl that likely won't do anything, you're just delaying inevitable. If pmic is not reset via bootloader ( fastboot reboot bootloader ) that's where you start thinking it's hardware issue.

What do u even wanna flash? Open stock ROM folder and enter folder called images on pc - look what's inside, persist, cust, boot everything is in there and was flashed already...

Just take your phone to service center while you still can , if under warranty keep requesting new motherboard . They'll likely try battery replacement first.

If it's not under warranty then ok play around as much you feel the need to , it just makes no sense to beating your head with all of this when warranty covers it
its true , im just trying to figure this out myself if possible or not, accessing service center here is much more troublesome rather fixing it in such way i think possible 😅

but yeah ill update soon enough, tomorrow will be my only day off for a week, will definitely take a visit, wish me luck!

fireclouu

Jan 31, 2019
update: i sent my phone to mi authorized drop points yesterday. expected to get it repaired within 2 weeks and to pick it up next month.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    View attachment 5686001

Just wanna ask a few questions to exclude them

If you do think it's a hardware issue, it couldn't hurt to flash to stock and see what service center / xiaomi can do. I just wouldn't mention anything about the whole flashing business lol. But yeah, they might swap it out for ya best case scenario. But might be without a phone for awhile :/