• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[F32xx][N] Stock kernel built from sources

Search This thread

rrvuhpg

Jan 2, 2009
OnePlus 8 Pro
Hi,

I will release here my updated "boot.img" files for all Xperia XA Ultra.
You must have an unlocked bootloader to flash with Fastboot.
You don't need to be on the same firmware as the boot image that you want to flash.
You have to flash SuperSu again from TWRP just after flashed new boot to avoid bootloop. Not needed on 33.2.B.4.70 and upper.
All boot images have "ro.secure=0" and "ro.debuggable=1" in default.prop file
and "forcencrypt" of internal memory switched to "encryptable" in fstab.mt6755 file, "dm-verity" is disabled by default.
They will probably not work on upper firmwares than the one they are built.

The Fastboot command is:

fastboot flash boot NAMEOFIMAGE.img

Releases for Nougat:
2017/07/26: From 36.1.A.0.182 kernel sources and Ramdisk from 36.1.A.0.182 FR firmware.
https://mega.nz/#!kgYgFCZJ!gmf6ptCwGJRdOeYwIJo3eGa-1er--yQPxjtxy6kbppU

Last edited:

uhes

Oct 15, 2016
Surabaya
Hi,

You don't need to be on the same firmware as the boot image that you want to flash.
You have to flash SuperSu again from TWRP just after flashed new boot to avoid bootloop. Not needed on 33.2.B.4.70 and upper.
and "forcencrypt" of internal memory switched to "encryptable" in fstab.mt6755 file, "dm-verity" is disabled by default.

Releases for Nougat:
2017/07/26: From 36.1.A.0.182 kernel sources and Ramdisk from 36.1.A.0.182 FR firmware.

For f3212

Jazinto93

Aug 9, 2017

I don´t understand quite well (sorry for my ignorance, i´m new to this stuff), so i flash supersu from twrp ¨just after flashed new boot¨ to avoid boot loop.....does that mean flash supersu after flashed twrp right away? how do i avoid bootloop? my build number is 36.0.A.1.100, should i worry about it?

my model is f3213

Thanks a lot ;)

rrvuhpg

Jan 2, 2009
OnePlus 8 Pro

I don´t understand quite well (sorry for my ignorance, i´m new to this stuff), so i flash supersu from twrp ¨just after flashed new boot¨ to avoid boot loop.....does that mean flash supersu after flashed twrp right away? how do i avoid bootloop? my build number is 36.0.A.1.100, should i worry about it?

my model is f3213

Thanks a lot ;)

All boot released here are for Nougat only. You have Marshmallow so you are not on the right place ;)
Why don't you update your phone to a recent MM firmware? .100 is very old and only useful for making TA backup.

babalizm

Sep 16, 2011
Is there anyway to install or switch to magisk after flash this boot image?
I've tried but error 1 :( i love magisk simplicity

kiukirimas

May 13, 2012
NVRAM warning error on Wifi. F3213

Hi,

Releases for Nougat:

I have an Xperia XA Ultra single sim, I am root right now with this kernel, but I get an error on mi Wifi settings, it says "NVRAM warning error" I'm on nougat "36.1.A.1.86", I think the error is caused because of the dual kernel you made for both versions of XA Ultra (Single and dual Sim), can you please make individual kernels for individual versions?. thanx in advance.

rrvuhpg

Jan 2, 2009
OnePlus 8 Pro
I have an Xperia XA Ultra single sim, I am root right now with this kernel, but I get an error on mi Wifi settings, it says "NVRAM warning error" I'm on nougat "36.1.A.1.86", I think the error is caused because of the dual kernel you made for both versions of XA Ultra (Single and dual Sim), can you please make individual kernels for individual versions?. thanx in advance.

Hi, kernel sources are unified for single and dual Sim models so I can't build individual kernel. I think that your problem is because you are on a newer firmware than my kernel. I will not update my work, maybe an other user can do it for you.

kiukirimas

May 13, 2012
36.1.A.0.182 is still with error

Hi, kernel sources are unified for single and dual Sim models so I can't build individual kernel. I think that your problem is because you are on a newer firmware than my kernel. I will not update my work, maybe an other user can do it for you.
Hi, thanks for your answer, I just followed your advice, and now I can see is not the firmware, is the kernel who causes the problem. I just installed the 36.1.A.0.182 firmware version from flashtool, and installed the kernel, following your tutorial for root, but I'm still having the same problem. I must say that I successfully did root my previous phones in Nougat and marshmallow (Xa-E5-L1) and marshmallow in the Xa ultra too, but is only the Nougat version of XA ultra who gives me this problem, can you check it please?. I wanted to use another kernel from XDA, but I can't see any other, so please you are the only one person who can fix this. thanx in advance.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20170626-035546.png
    Screenshot_20170626-035546.png
    115.7 KB · Views: 209
  • Screenshot_20170626-035604.png
    Screenshot_20170626-035604.png
    105 KB · Views: 209

Roji

Mar 25, 2013
XdA
Huawei MatePad Pro

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi,

The Fastboot command is:

fastboot flash boot NAMEOFIMAGE.img

Releases for Nougat: