How To Guide F711U and F711U1 Firmware Links and Flashing Discussion Here

Search This thread

yygemmi770

Aug 17, 2021
Screen Shot 2022-03-04 at 11.50.21 AM.png

looks to be right there in the file name. Well, I have some reflashing to do now to get these flips not to be Thom Browne lol

snownh2o2

Mar 3, 2022

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220304-115813_Settings.jpg
    Screenshot_20220304-115813_Settings.jpg
    146.7 KB · Views: 44
  • Screenshot_20220304-115726_Settings.jpg
    Screenshot_20220304-115726_Settings.jpg
    116.7 KB · Views: 44
  • Screenshot_20220304-115719_Call settings.jpg
    Screenshot_20220304-115719_Call settings.jpg
    157.4 KB · Views: 44

snownh2o2

Mar 3, 2022
Nope... no calls, no texts, no data whatsoever.

I notice in Access Points it does list ATT stuff, but no connections
I just got this response from uscellular re confirming that my device is Sim unlocked.

I'm baffled. Is there something that I am overlooking. Any suggestions are more than greatly appreciated.

Attachments

• 20220304_125000.jpg
    20220304_125000.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 55

snownh2o2

Mar 3, 2022
You yourself bought it from USC, correct? So there's no chance that the phone got blacklisted?
The story is a bit odd but legit. I preordered and purchased an unlocked Z Flip 3 5G (sm_f711u1) from Samsung directly via their website. They mistakenly sent me a US Cellular (sm_f711u USC) phone. Customer service refused to exchange the device even though it was their mistake. They wanted me to return it and re order another one. Since I preordered, it would have cost me a few hundred more all said and done. And they refused to work with me.

They told me my only option was to contact US Cellular to get it unlocked. I did so and because it was fully paid for via Samsung US Cellular unlocked it for me. I put in my ATT sim, and it worked fine for months.

The change occurred when ATT shut down their 3G network last week. At first I lost both 4G and 5G functionality but oddly enough 3G data (HSPA+) and the phone/text networks worked. However a few days later everything stopped.

This is when I decided I needed to load clean firmware. However no luck so far. I am wondering if I should try loading the original U firmware from when the device released and try to find the ATT_USERDATA that corresponds and then let it OTA update. Does this sound like a valid idea?

yygemmi770

Aug 17, 2021
The story is a bit odd but legit. I preordered and purchased an unlocked Z Flip 3 5G (sm_f711u1) from Samsung directly via their website. They mistakenly sent me a US Cellular (sm_f711u USC) phone. Customer service refused to exchange the device even though it was their mistake. They wanted me to return it and re order another one. Since I preordered, it would have cost me a few hundred more all said and done. And they refused to work with me.

They told me my only option was to contact US Cellular to get it unlocked. I did so and because it was fully paid for via Samsung US Cellular unlocked it for me. I put in my ATT sim, and it worked fine for months.

The change occurred when ATT shut down their 3G network last week. At first I lost both 4G and 5G functionality but oddly enough 3G data (HSPA+) and the phone/text networks worked. However a few days later everything stopped.

This is when I decided I needed to load clean firmware. However no luck so far. I am wondering if I should try loading the original U firmware from when the device released and try to find the ATT_USERDATA that corresponds and then let it OTA update. Does this sound like a valid idea?
So after reading this, I have two questions.

1. When you first bought the phone did it boot up US Cellular?
2. When the phone was "unlocked" by USC was the phone on U1 or U?

It could be a similar situation that I have seen with VZW units, where in order for the phone to "unlock" it has to be on the original U package to process the unlock.

Your screenshots appear to be acting like a locked unit.

snownh2o2

Mar 3, 2022
So after reading this, I have two questions.

1. When you first bought the phone did it boot up US Cellular?
2. When the phone was "unlocked" by USC was the phone on U1 or U?

It could be a similar situation that I have seen with VZW units, where in order for the phone to "unlock" it has to be on the original U package to process the unlock.

Your screenshots appear to be acting like a locked unit.
1) When it first arrived it did boot up US Cellular
2) After the phone was unlocked it was still U. If I recall correctly, for a while after it was unlocked it still had the US Cellular boot animation, however it eventually if think that may have went away I think. Though I am not fully sure if and when that actually changed as I have my phone restarts itself over night and don't regularly see the boot animation.

Am I understanding what you are saying for the VZW units in reference to mine. I should try loading the U firmware with the HOME_CSC_OYM from USC instead of the CSC_OYM. This will make the phone be a stock US Cellular with bloat. Once loaded and restarted, Insert the ATT sim and cross my fingers that it switches to ATT? Should I use current firmware or try the older versions?

Just to confirm HOME_CSC includes the user data/bloat, so I do not need to add a user data file in Odin?

yygemmi770

Aug 17, 2021
1) When it first arrived it did boot up US Cellular
2) After the phone was unlocked it was still U. If I recall correctly, for a while after it was unlocked it still had the US Cellular boot animation, however it eventually if think that may have went away I think. Though I am not fully sure if and when that actually changed as I have my phone restarts itself over night and don't regularly see the boot animation.

Am I understanding what you are saying for the VZW units in reference to mine. I should try loading the U firmware with the HOME_CSC_OYM from USC instead of the CSC_OYM. This will make the phone be a stock US Cellular with bloat. Once loaded and restarted, Insert the ATT sim and cross my fingers that it switches to ATT? Should I use current firmware or try the older versions?

Just to confirm HOME_CSC includes the user data/bloat, so I do not need to add a user data file in Odin?
It will not auto switch to ATT usually as ATT files are not publically available. I am wondering if your unit is stuck on USC CSC. Under settings what does it show? like ATT/USC/USC?

Basically my thought was to load the USC flash, however because you probably don't have USC sim card, I usually just flash a U package with no SIM and no user data, after the flash the phone will go to the system menu where you select wipe data cache partition, also do factory reset from the menu, then reboot. Because the sales code of the phone is USC it should boot itself back up to what the sales code is.

This is just to confirm that the phone is unlocked properly as some unlocks require it to be on their carrier specific software. I am trying to figure out what exactly happened where it was working fine and then stopped, so I am just thinking start from the beginning to cover all bases and then see where that leads us.

Use CSC not HOME CSC as we want a clean flash. The carrier bloat is on U package. U1 package is bloat free. In your case you want the bloat to confirm unlock is processed properly. After that, you could flash U1 with no bloat, my concern is that your CSC may not be changing and might be stuck on USC CSC.

Last edited:

snownh2o2

Mar 3, 2022
It will not auto switch to ATT usually as ATT files are not publically available. I am wondering if your unit is stuck on USC CSC. Under settings what does it show? like ATT/USC/USC?

Basically my thought was to load the USC flash, however because you probably don't have USC sim card, I usually just flash a U package with no SIM and no user data, after the flash the phone will go to the system menu where you select wipe data cache partition, also do factory reset from the menu, then reboot. Because the sales code of the phone is USC it should boot itself back up to what the sales code is.

This is just to confirm that the phone is unlocked properly as some unlocks require it to be on their carrier specific software. I am trying to figure out what exactly happened where it was working fine and then stopped, so I am just thinking start from the beginning to cover all bases and then see where that leads us.

Use CSC not HOME CSC as we want a clean flash. The carrier bloat is on U package. U1 package is bloat free. In your case you want the bloat to confirm unlock is processed properly. After that, you could flash U1 with no bloat, my concern is that your CSC may not be changing and might be stuck on USC CSC.
I will try all that. But first, I am gonna look quick... I think there may have been a USC sim card that came with the phone in the samsung package.

If I recall, at least over the last week, after every flash it always goes to USC/USC/USC. And it is currently on that. Seemingly 'stuck' to USC.

I'm going to try all of your suggestions and hopefully I can report back all is well.

I greatly appreciate all of the time you are spending helping me with this issue!

SadsSlx

Mar 5, 2022
Hello, I can use this method in Samsung galaxy a52 5G? From at&t (A526u) I can't find anything related in the forum of my device

yygemmi770

Aug 17, 2021
I will try all that. But first, I am gonna look quick... I think there may have been a USC sim card that came with the phone in the samsung package.

If I recall, at least over the last week, after every flash it always goes to USC/USC/USC. And it is currently on that. Seemingly 'stuck' to USC.

I'm going to try all of your suggestions and hopefully I can report back all is well.

I greatly appreciate all of the time you are spending helping me with this issue!
If it is reading USC/USC/USC, there is not much you can do and should really push to have the unit replaced if possible.

snownh2o2

Mar 3, 2022

Sorry for the delay.... father in law passed this week.

I loaded the USC U flash with no sim and no user data. It went well however I did not see the option to wipe the data cache partition. Am I missing something or should that option been right on the menu? The factory reset was there and I did that.

The results seem to be the same as before.

Also, I then borrowed an active Sprint SIM and put it in the phone. I was able to make a call, though it never asked me to reset the phone. I did manually and I did not see the Sprint splash screen. But again I could make a call and see that the SIM was accessing the CDMA network. It seems to me this should verify SIM unlock, but I do wonder why I never saw the Sprint splash since I was on U firmware.

Finally, I stopped at the ATT store and got a new ATT SIM activated for my phone number. While there I told him about the problem that I was having and he said ATT was seeing this problem on various Samsung models that where unlocked but previously on other networks. He said, like in my situation, it started happening after ATT switched there voice network off of the 3G bands.

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

ZeroCool11

Jun 3, 2008
Hello, so I have an AT&T F711U and because I live in Mexico I didn't got the Android 12 version... and there's no update so I'm trying to put the U1 version but always fails...

on the phone it says

"SW REV CECK FAIL: [abl] Fused 2 > Binary 1
SECURE CHECK FAIL: abl(6)

I downloaded the U1 firmware from here.... anyone can help me out??

Thanks.

yygemmi770

Aug 17, 2021
Hello, so I have an AT&T F711U and because I live in Mexico I didn't got the Android 12 version... and there's no update so I'm trying to put the U1 version but always fails...

on the phone it says

"SW REV CECK FAIL: [abl] Fused 2 > Binary 1
SECURE CHECK FAIL: abl(6)

I downloaded the U1 firmware from here.... anyone can help me out??

Thanks.
It appears you are trying to flash the wrong binary. It looks like your phone is a 2 and you tried to flash a 1.

Nino-dangelo

Oct 10, 2020
sorry good evening I have my brother's sm-f711u blocked on verizon operator by fleschando this frimware I could unlock my cell (thanks in advance)

cjdee1

Apr 18, 2022
I have had a problem with the flip 3 and I could never get the advanced messaging to work. I have a locked device on ATT which is fine. The problem I have is the phone should be loading all this bloatware either. So I have booted up in service mode and was able to reset it only once to min. apps loading but because of other cloud apps the hacker was able to push a backup image. So now I tried to load the

USERDATA_ATT_F711USQS2BUL7_F711USQS2BUL7_SCL23064456_VCL23063627_MCL23269502_SQB47527176_VQB47527177_MQB47527153_REV00_user_low_ship_MULTI_CERT​

So am looking for some direction to resolve this minor issue.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    (WIP, files are currently processing and uploading)

For those who aren't already aware, F711U is the model number of all of the US carrier versions of the Z Flip3. The F711U1 is the model number of the same device, but sold by Samsung SIM unlocked and with no carrier bloatware. Firmware is 100% interchangeable among these models: any U or U1 firmware version can be flashed to any U or U1 device at any time, assuming that you're not trying to downgrade the bootloader. A "U to U" or "U1 to U1" flash does not require a factory reset, but changing from one firmware to the other will require one. Also, U firmware is identical for the 4 base files (AP, BL, CP, CSC) for each individual build, no matter which carrier it comes from. So if you download 2 different carrier versions of the exact same build, the 4 base files will be identical. Where the firmware differs is in the USERDATA file - that's where the carrier bloatware and customizations reside.

Manual Odin flashing is designed for those who:

- want to manually update to a newer version of U firmware on their U device, either because they don't want to wait for their carrier's OTA or because OTAs aren't working on their device, or a different carrier got a new feature/patch before they did
    - want to flash U1 firmware to their U device
    - want to convert from U1 firmware to carrier U firmware
    - want to convert from one carrier's U firmware (with all apps and bloatware) to a different carrier's U firmware (with all apps and bloatware)

For those who aren't already aware, anyone can now download firmware for almost any Samsung device any time that they want, via the various firmware download tools posted here on XDA like SamFirm or Frija. There are threads and info about them here on XDA so I won't waste time explaining - do a search if you're not already familiar with these tools. But they only provide whatever the latest/newest/current version is - nothing older. I have access to an internal Samsung firmware download tool that usually gets new versions before they hit the public firmware download tools, so that's where my files come from.

This is not a "beginner's guide to Odin flashing" -type post/thread, so I won't list basic, step-by-step flashing instructions. My threads are geared towards those who already know what they're doing. If you're new to manually flashing Samsung firmware (or haven't done it in a long time), I recommend you consult one of those "beginner's" guides- there are tons of them here on XDA.

Happy flashing!

U firmware: https://www.androidfilehost.com/?w=files&flid=327752
    U1 firmware: https://www.androidfilehost.com/?w=files&flid=327753

Notes:

- DON'T QUOTE THE OP WHEN YOU REPLY, kthx

- I have lots of threads just like this one for other Samsung flagships, if it interests you. For those who have already made use of my previous threads for a different device and are upgrading, welcome back :)

- My zips are compressed extra small for space and bandwidth savings. The default Windows extractor can't handle it, so you'll need a 3rd party tool like 7zip, WinRAR, etc

- it's quite time consuming to download the files, zip them up, and upload them to AFH. And, I do threads like this for every single flagship model, so I won't be uploading every single version. The only full builds that I upload are ones where I get access to a new bootloader and/or Android version early, before they hit the firmware download tools.

- My naming method for folders on AFH is: build - bootloader - Android version
    So "SAT - 1 - 9.0" means the full build number ends in SAT, it's bootloader version 1, and it's Android 9.0. When bootloader and Android versions increment, the first build to have those changes will have its folder notated appropriately.

- HOME CSC file keeps data intact; using the other CSC will wipe data. Flashing USERDATA will also wipe data.

- Since AT&T doesn't allow their firmware to be publicly available (for any of their devices), I'll try to always upload at least one USERDATA per bootloader increment for AT&T (and Cricket, if they get this model). I'll also upload any full builds if AT&T is the only carrier to get that specific build, because you won't be able to find the files anywhere else.

- For identifying USERDATAS, and to know what region/CSC to use in the firmware download tools if you're downloading yourself:

AIO = Cricket (not available via firmware download tools)
    ATT = AT&T (not available via firmware download tools)
    BST = Boost Mobile
    CCT = Xfinity Mobile (Comcast)
    CHA = Spectrum Mobile (Charter)
    DSH = Dish Network
    TMB = T-Mobile
    TMK = Metro PCS
    USC = US Cellular
    VZW = Verizon (available via firmware download tools, but Manual Entry is required - Auto will not work)
    XAA = U1 firmware
    I downloaded the U1 firmware from Frija, successfully installed it on my Z Flip3 using Odin, and when I booted it up, it ended up being the "Thom Browne" edition firmware (to my horror) with custom Thom Browne theming. It looks like the download links in the OP are also the "Thom Browne" firmware.

Where can I download and install the vanilla Samsung unlocked U1 firmware?

Edit: Found the vanilla firmware here: https://samfw.com/firmware/SM-F711U1/XAA/F711U1UES2AUJ7

The OP should probably warn readers that the download links he provided are for the Thom Browne customized firmware.
    so if im flashing my verizon carrier lock (60 days lock) device to u1 it will unlock it?
    No, flashing firmware will never magically SIM unlock a device, no matter which model it is or what carrier it's from. The SIM lock resides much deeper than firmware
    Can someone locate the thom browne fimware please?
    Well normally I would say that you can get it yourself from the various firmware download tools like SamFirm or Frija. But it looks like Samsung changed something over the weekend, as the current versions of the tools are failing to pull any firmware

So I can grab it for you
    Thank you and always the best.
    Added, UGC build